Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-27-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
christian
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to christian
focus kill

Hey guys the other night i was on my way to Sky~Harbor Airport to pick up a friend of mine on the way there it was around 10:30ish no one was on the freeway except me and a 2000 maybe 2001 focus sxt, we werent really going that fast around 80mph then i see him start to pull on me i was like what the hell and took off too, then it was on lol, doing about 95 on the freeway with absoluetly no one on but us, we were diving low in the corners and high on the straights, back and forth changing positions, we did this for a couple minutes till the freeway hit a long straight we were pretty even on the take off but i started to pull on him around 5 grand and he never got past me the entire way to the airport about 15 minutes later, not bad for a 318i

Extrude honed intake
95 Mustang 5.0 15lbs fuel injectors
Platnum 4 spark plugs
Blaster 2 Coil
racing Ceramic brake pads

*not much to it, but not stock either*
christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I don't think I posted it, but a few weeks ago, I was talking on the phone just after getting on the 407. I can hear some buzzy WOT noise. I look over my shoulder to the right, expecting to see some rice. Its a Focus, and is passing me. When it get's in front, I see it's a SVT Focus..hmmmmmm. I finish the phone call, and drop to 3rd and catch up. Buddy sees me behind and starts to lay on it. I pass him on the right at 220 kph (130 mph). He has no more balls left. I guess Ford didn't put enough S in their SVT.

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 01:47 AM   #3
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
lol im not sure if i would want to be going faster than that or even that speed in any kind of focus. i hope the suspention was upgraded to match the power otherwise he'd proly be sitting there praying that you would pass so he could slow down and not shake to pieces. sounds fun though and as cars go, bang for your buck is certainly a big plus with the svt version of the focus. wouldn't mind driving one to see how it drives

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 06:20 AM   #4
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

the svt focus suspention is a Eibach for the svt Focus and the svt STANG..
Old 09-29-2005, 06:23 AM   #5
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

WTF ?? the svt focus suspention is a eibach OK
for the svt focus and the svt stang ?? :S
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

Yeah they are actually very nice handling cars. They just lack big time in power.

"powered by passion and the equivalent of 900 horses"
Waterwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:03 PM   #7
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
around 200hp right? 180 seems to come to mind but i forget. would be an interesting car to whip around.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:08 PM   #8
///Maluco
5erholic

You've hit it on the nose...serious power is what the Focus is really missing.

I drove a standard Focus in England on a trip and in the back roads...if anyone is familiar with UK roads you'll understand, they are very twisty.
I had a blast with this Focus and it held its own very well.
So, Ford did, believe it or not, create a nice handling small car!!!

I don't know if this base level Focus in the UK has a sport tuned suspension in comparison to the Mexican built Focus versions, but I couldn't tell the difference when I drove one in the US.
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 02:22 PM   #9
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound
around 200hp right? 180 seems to come to mind but i forget. would be an interesting car to whip around.
SVT Focus has 170 horsepower at 7000 rpm and 145 lb.-ft. of torque at 5500 rpm from a 2.0 litre 16-valve DOHC Zetec inline four-cylinder engine.

Not much power but there is always the aftermarket industry with forced induction ready for those in need.

If you don't fancy F/I, there is always the 5.0 V8 conversion that will be sure get you motoring alone nicely...I heard one on these monsters at last years SEMA show...and holy crap, it sounded very, very nice.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:59 PM   #10
Manimillion
Photographer

I took my Focus to the local autocross, car is completly stock, just Eagle F1 GSD3 tires... No suspension mods, stock diamater wheels. The layout of the course was pretty open and I still managed to beat the WRX's, a e36 328i (suspension, bigger wheels and tires, engine mods), e30 325i (suspension, and sticky tires, and prolly some engine mods)...

Old 09-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #11
Manimillion
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco
You've hit it on the nose...serious power is what the Focus is really missing.

I drove a standard Focus in England on a trip and in the back roads...if anyone is familiar with UK roads you'll understand, they are very twisty.
I had a blast with this Focus and it held its own very well.
So, Ford did, believe it or not, create a nice handling small car!!!

I don't know if this base level Focus in the UK has a sport tuned suspension in comparison to the Mexican built Focus versions, but I couldn't tell the difference when I drove one in the US.
Ford of Europe builds nice cars, Ford of North America builds all the crap. All the european fords are known to handle good. Too bad Cosworth never made its way to North America, but then again %80 of the people here have no taste in cars, thats why they drive 300C's and Sebrings, and they could market Nissan's as Infiniti's, Toyota's as Lexus's, Honda's as Acura's and make the poor suckers think they are getting an exceptional car.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:50 AM   #12
///Maluco
5erholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilOnWheelz
Ford of Europe builds nice cars, Ford of North America builds all the crap. All the european fords are known to handle good. Too bad Cosworth never made its way to North America, but then again %80 of the people here have no taste in cars, thats why they drive 300C's and Sebrings, and they could market Nissan's as Infiniti's, Toyota's as Lexus's, Honda's as Acura's and make the poor suckers think they are getting an exceptional car.
Hey ...I also drive a Sebring...although I enhanced it with my ground effects to add a sportier look for a 4dr. sedan. Mechanically and driving feel, it is not my cup of tea of course, but it still is a very reasonable A->B car with some style.

DaimlerChrysler is about the only company that has been coming out with more stylish vehicles. Ford is struggling with their Designs, and GM is making a recovery, but very slowly.

In terms of the manufacturers having a "premium line" brand, well it's all in the marketing. It sure seems to do its job really well!

My company car with the ground effects. I have no problem driving this!!!

Old 09-30-2005, 12:32 PM   #13
Manimillion
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Maluco
Hey ...I also drive a Sebring...although I enhanced it with my ground effects to add a sportier look for a 4dr. sedan. Mechanically and driving feel, it is not my cup of tea of course, but it still is a very reasonable A->B car with some style.

DaimlerChrysler is about the only company that has been coming out with more stylish vehicles. Ford is struggling with their Designs, and GM is making a recovery, but very slowly.
Some GM' are ugly some are not... The european brands under GM are doing good, but american makes are ugly as sin, Ford's syling is the same thing, Ford of Europe has really good looking cars, but generally I don't see anything wrong with the North American Ford's in terms of styling.
Old 09-30-2005, 02:32 PM   #14
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

I think ford is going in the right direction with their products in regard to design, The Iosis if it comes out with pretty much the same body style will be a nice car. http://www.thecarconnection.com/Auto...175.A9267.html

"powered by passion and the equivalent of 900 horses"
Waterwings is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: