Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-03-2002, 11:34 AM   #31
WASABI
OG

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
cauyga is around 100 km from KK or an hour drive. maybe 45 min on the way back if u push it a bit harder.
damn Al ... 14.86 ... you've been practising eh. I still can't drive for shizz.

About the trip, I was thinking of taking Dundas from 403 to bronte rd to miss the rush hour traffic in oakville area. Probably save 30 mins. I'd like to get there early too.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 03:46 PM   #32
GimpZ3
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by saj328

About the trip, I was thinking of taking Dundas from 403 to bronte rd to miss the rush hour traffic in oakville area. Probably save 30 mins. I'd like to get there early too.
Hey what's up saj328? Are you heading to Cayuga for their T&T? Lemme know, i'd like to run a 328 with my hond-uh.
Old 10-03-2002, 03:59 PM   #33
WASABI
OG

Quote:
Originally posted by GimpZ3
Hey what's up saj328? Are you heading to Cayuga for their T&T? Lemme know, i'd like to run a 328 with my hond-uh.
Sup Gimp! Thought you sold yer roadster Yeah bunch of us are heading down to Cayuga on Oct 11 (check the events section) for some "Fast 'N Furious" action. The more the merrier.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 04:45 PM   #34
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

gimp..help me out i, lost with ur ride thing.... wats an ///M e36/7 is it the wagon or something???

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 05:00 PM   #35
GimpZ3
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

Sup Gimp! Thought you sold yer roadster Yeah bunch of us are heading down to Cayuga on Oct 11 (check the events section) for some "Fast 'N Furious" action. The more the merrier.
i'm storing the car until spring in hopes of getting more $...

As for Oct 11, i'll be there if the weather cooperates.

e46_lover E36/7 is the chassis code for the Z series BMW line-up. I just include the ///M to denote the model. Therefore ///M E36/7 = ///MZ3 or ///M Roadster. Hope that helps.
Old 10-03-2002, 07:01 PM   #36
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
Quote:

the 14.86 i have no idea but that night the car was flying i got it two times around the same time. but it was cool outside 12 degrees only. plus i was racing this guy who works with me in his jetta 1.8T chipped. the sound of that car is sweet. he was right beside me all the way. he might have even won if he new how to launch better.

and about the trip i was even thinking going on the 407 but i don't know how many people would be even willing to pay the extra few bucks to get there faster. i now there is now an exit from the 407 on the 403 where the QEW and the 403 splid but i'm not sure if the 407 also exits on the QEW after the qew and 403 split hope u know what i mean hehehe
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 07:55 PM   #37
moerom
6th Gear Member

I had the opportunity to see two Type-S' go at it (lol @ Dan). They are verrrry nice cars. Quick buggers too!
moerom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 10:15 PM   #38
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
I had the opportunity to see two Type-S' go at it (lol @ Dan). They are verrrry nice cars. Quick buggers too!

This thread is so old......someone has been trolling.....
Old 10-22-2002, 10:16 PM   #39
moerom
6th Gear Member

Doesn't anyone see the irony in mkgino's reply?

I'M trolling? What is your reply then?

Gosh.....
Old 10-23-2002, 12:41 AM   #40
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by moerom
Doesn't anyone see the irony in mkgino's reply?

I'M trolling? What is your reply then?

Gosh.....
Its because I came in here thinking it was a new thread. But if u noticed Im the one who raced him, any questions??
Old 10-23-2002, 12:42 AM   #41
moerom
6th Gear Member

I'll shut my mouth for the sake of peace on this board. Peace be with you brother.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:44 AM   #42
moerom
6th Gear Member

BTW, you have one sweet ride man.

Tu sei Italiano?
Old 10-23-2002, 12:44 AM   #43
mkgino
6th Gear Member

No man I wasnt trying to be rude, dont take it the wrong way

I really want to know if you had any questions? You seemed interested
Old 10-23-2002, 09:47 AM   #44
addbhp
3rd Gear Member

I got a chuckle out of this thread, as on Saturday I just test drove the RSX and then the RSX typeS. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about and find out, having seen how fast the older type R's were on the track. Two very different machines.

The RSX is a bore, nothing special at all, nicely finished but okay looks, again a little closer to average. Then I took out the type S, leaving Sherway Acura, up the West Mall to Bloor, onto the 427 south and off at Cawthra and back. Now this car had had it's first oil change so I was okay to get up to the 8,000 redline.

On the side streets, shifting before 6,000 this car is no different than the regular RSX, then stay in it above 6000rpm and wow, this thing total changes character. Pulls very strong. Once you get past the hesitation of not shifting too early this is a very nice package. The stiffer springs and shocks work very nice and provide a very nice ride as your speed increases. On the 427 south, I shifted from 4th to 5th at 180kmph, before traffic and the fear of a cop had me slow down. Don't forget this car still had 2 gears left, and I have no doubt the top speed of 150miles is bang on. Price on this car $31K, which makes it a pretty solid car to start with. Combined with the aftermarket on this car. Will make for some very fast track cars. And having been on the track with a Mugan massaged RSX Type S at Fabi and Nelson, very little could keep up.

Would I buy one. I doubt it, mostly because I love Rear wheel drive, but this would be a nice Front driver if I wanted to go that route again.
Cheers
2001 330Cic
addbhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:04 AM   #45
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
RSX?

You know... I was reading this thread and I was thinking to myself.... how can you compare a car that is made from recycled PEPSI cans (RSX and all hondas/acuras) to a vehicle that is designed for safety, luxury, sport handling, and power... how can you compare the two?

Who really cares how fast the RSX is...... let see that RSX get into a collision at 120km/h vs. any BMW... ya.... see you at the RSX drivers funeral!

A little story to back up my mouth.... a friend of mine had purchased the new 745i and was pulling out of a plaza @ Jane and #7.... he was on the phone and him and the passenger were yapping.... a MAC truck came as he pulled out, because he was not watching, and smacked into him @ a police and driver proven 95/100 km/h.... my friend woke up in the ambulance and asked the medic what had happened.... the medic was freaking out, as he did not know how my freind came out with only a small bump on his forhead from the accident and the passenger only had a cut/gash on his arm from the broken glass.... the medic said that the car was about the same size as a civic hatch back....

In short... you get what you pay for!

Mike.

punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: