Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-28-2002, 01:27 AM   #1
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Respect to the RSX type S

Well it finally happened, tonight after the woodbridge cruise I was on my way home on highway 7 just where the 80km/h starts and there was an RSX type S behind me. We were both at cruising speed and as fate would have it we lined up at a red light. I rolled down my window and he did also, and I asked if he wanted to go, and he said yup. We each had a passenger in the car. So the light turned green and my launch was flawless, he had a lot of wheelspin. Anyway, at first I was winning and had a big lead from 0 - 100km/h , I had about 2 cars on him at this point, but once I shifted into third, as he did also, he just started reeling me in. He passed me at about 120-130 km/h and I just shut down after that. I really must say that the RSX type S is a real nice machine. If that thing had some low end torque, it would me a menace on the roads, but luckily for me it doesnt! After the race we stopped at another red light, and he told me that he had an intake and an exhaust, I just have an intake. I must say, my car really needs to go on a diet
Old 09-28-2002, 02:36 AM   #2
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

You need a NOS kit to kick on the next time that happens

then you can goodbye to RSX S type RS thing
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 02:47 AM   #3
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Actually, next summer Im gonna get a higher Differential. Im looking for a 3.38 from the auto M3's. With that then 0-100km/h I will have better results, but if the race went up to like 200km/h, then Im toast.
Old 09-28-2002, 02:59 AM   #4
Slowered318
Stuck in the 90's

yeah that would help.. maybe a dinan chip or something to get it really working in the top of the RPM band
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:10 AM   #5
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Actually I dont really want to mess with the rev limiter of my car, I realize its there for safety so I should leave it the way it is. Im probably gonna get most of my power from bolt ons, like the diff, exhaust etc.
Old 09-28-2002, 03:12 AM   #6
Gamite

The chip is probably a better idea, you already had that car at the start, now all you need is some more top end.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:16 AM   #7
mkgino
6th Gear Member

The only way I would really beat him good is if 1) I shed some weight from my car, and 2) get a diff or something where I would win off the line by so much that he would wouldn't be able to catch up. The race was so amazing though, I wish you guys were there to see it, it was so close at the end, when we were ~over 100km/h, but he did get me at the end. His car weighs about 500lbs less than mine. Honestly, if our cars were the same weight, do you think that he would have caught up to me?? I dont think so. Its all about power/weight ratio.

Last edited by mkgino; 09-28-2002 at 03:18 AM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 03:24 PM   #8
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

mkgino, put an M3 diff on ur car for sure...mackiek's old car...now thinair's car has an m3 diff, intake, exhaust im sure thats all...its a 328is and it pulls like hell!! that wud definitly take an rsx type-s anytime. is urs 5spd or auto?

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2002, 05:23 PM   #9
mkgino
6th Gear Member

5 spd of course, and I already have the intake, the exhaust is sitting at my g/f's house. THe diff, well I just gotta find one next year in the spring! Oh and E46 Lover, an M3 conversion is out of the question!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:03 PM   #10
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
The only way I would really beat him good is if 1) I shed some weight from my car, and 2) get a diff or something where I would win off the line by so much that he would wouldn't be able to catch up. The race was so amazing though, I wish you guys were there to see it, it was so close at the end, when we were ~over 100km/h, but he did get me at the end. His car weighs about 500lbs less than mine. Honestly, if our cars were the same weight, do you think that he would have caught up to me?? I dont think so. Its all about power/weight ratio.

I'd think that Power/weight ratio makes more of a difference at the start of the race. Cuz when you're already moving, you would have momentum on your side.

Old 09-28-2002, 06:15 PM   #11
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Your probably right, man at the start of the race when I was winning I had a BIG lead, like 2 cars on him. I had a big smile on my face too. Then after 100km/h all I see is him getting closer, closer, see his cars nose next to my window then at 120-130 I see his rear lights. But in my defence just after he caught up I shut down cause I was too scared, of getting a ticket. At that point I was in 3rd at low rpm's, so that might be why, but I really cant be sure since since it all happened so fast. In any case I know that it was the BEST race of my life, the adrenaline is still pumping!!!!!
Old 09-28-2002, 06:33 PM   #12
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Your probably right, man at the start of the race when I was winning I had a BIG lead, like 2 cars on him. I had a big smile on my face too. Then after 100km/h all I see is him getting closer, closer, see his cars nose next to my window then at 120-130 I see his rear lights. But in my defence just after he caught up I shut down cause I was too scared, of getting a ticket. At that point I was in 3rd at low rpm's, so that might be why, but I really cant be sure since since it all happened so fast. In any case I know that it was the BEST race of my life, the adrenaline is still pumping!!!!!
Almost exact same thing happend to me with a red GTI, I got a good start on the guy, I was about a car and a half ahead of him the whole way, we were dead even, then at about 100 km/h (I dont know for sure because I wasnt really looking at the speed) the guy just zips past me!! I dont know if I let go of the gas, or because I didnt shift to 4th from sport mode (automatic) or what, but it was just so unbelieveable. But yea, things are moving so fast, you dont know what's going on.

Old 09-30-2002, 10:03 PM   #13
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

haha really eh??? good well sorta...
i had my first race tonight, i raced my buddy 2 times in his 2001 VW GOLF 1.8T, hes got an intake and exhaust, and i beat him both times by 3 cars.... and i wasnt pushing too too hard coz my cars only got 350km on it... i shouldn't even be racing.. but i can't resist.... next race for me will be an SiR which i should beat..
Old 09-30-2002, 11:30 PM   #14
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Well, I still wanna race you. I never said that I would beat an rsx but always stated that it would be a close race and it was. Once he passed me we I shut down cause I didnt want to get a ticket, but the race was really close. I had 2 cars on him at the beginning. But it was only after that he started pulling on me. But once he caught up I shut down anyways. Plus I think he had a carbon fiber hood too!
Old 09-30-2002, 11:31 PM   #15
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
haha really eh??? good well sorta...
i had my first race tonight, i raced my buddy 2 times in his 2001 VW GOLF 1.8T, hes got an intake and exhaust, and i beat him both times by 3 cars.... and i wasnt pushing too too hard coz my cars only got 350km on it... i shouldn't even be racing.. but i can't resist.... next race for me will be an SiR which i should beat..
I think I raced a VR6, not a 1.8, VR6 is faster from stock. Tell your friend to chip his 1.8, I hear it has huge gains.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: