Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-29-2005, 06:21 PM   #1
Suprano
5th Gear Member

Cohiba Esplendidos

I just got back from Cuba and I purchased a few boxes of Cohibas. The boxes are hand made, just as the cigars and each contains 25 cigars. These are the most expensive cigars you can purchase there and are sold for approx. 450 CUC (Cuban convertible pesos) which is equivalent to about $600 CDN. I didn't pay that much, as nobody should, but I am looking for serious offers or interesting trades.

PM me for pics. Also I am not selling singles.
Suprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 09:28 AM   #2
AMI Motorsports
3rd Gear Member

Just be careful you didn't get the Banana ones that are more common then the real thing down there.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:49 PM   #3
Suprano
5th Gear Member

here are some pics

Old 08-30-2005, 07:10 PM   #4
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Hey Suprano, may I ask where you got these from? I ask becasue I am a cigar aficionado. I go the Caigar festival every year in Havana and enjoy quite a lot of Cuban cigars. The positioning of the band appears to be off as well as the band number is not as crisp as it should. The band should have the crown of the shield at the edge of the lid. I showed this to a good friend who runs one of Toronto's largest cigars shops and he agrees. It's a shame, I was running out of Cohibas and didn't want to wait until the festival in Feb.
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 11:09 AM   #5
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
i have the same box, my sister brought it from Cuba last week...probably a fake but what do you expect for $50US

i'll sell you mine for cheap!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 12:53 PM   #6
EricTsang
2nd Gear Member

fake or not how much per roll?
EricTsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:26 PM   #7
Suprano
5th Gear Member

What I can say is that I am no cigar expert, however, I purchased these from the resort I was at from the assistant manager who was unable to secure me the holographic symbol that assures everyone of authenticity. This is because there is tight control on those holographic stickers, as well as the receipts which you now need to take the cigars out of the country. If someone has an expert than bring him/her when you come for the cigars and use them as a negotiaitng ploy.

I AM SELLING EACH BOX OF ESPLENDIDOS FOR $375 WHICH IS A BARGAIN BECAUSE THEY SELL THEM FOR $450 CUC IN CUBA NOW, WHICH IS EQUIVALENT TO APPROXIMATELY $600 CDN AT THE EXCHANGE RATE OF 1.33 , WHICH IS VERY LOW.

If anyone believes they are fakes then go to Cuba and acquire the real ones, but you'll be surprised at the cost now. Thank you.
Old 08-31-2005, 04:34 PM   #8
jeremy
6th Gear Member

no offense, but it sounds like you got scammed.
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:52 PM   #9
mirek
6th Gear Member

if you can, post pics of the band.. that will usually tell you everything.

if you have a box you've opened up...
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 01:08 PM   #10
Suprano
5th Gear Member

2 left

One box has been sold and there are only two more left.

Jeremy bro, how do you know I got ripped off if I haven't said how much I paid for them???
You must be one of JoJo's psychics, so tell everyone what's in the box!
Old 09-01-2005, 03:20 PM   #11
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprano
Jeremy bro, how do you know I got ripped off if I haven't said how much I paid for them???
You must be one of JoJo's psychics, so tell everyone what's in the box!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suprano
What I can say is that I am no cigar expert, however, I purchased these from the resort I was at from the assistant manager who was unable to secure me the holographic symbol that assures everyone of authenticity. This is because there is tight control on those holographic stickers, as well as the receipts which you now need to take the cigars out of the country.
sounds like the assisstant manager sold some guy from toronto fakes... i was in cuba not to long ago and in the dominican last may, i had no problems bringing cigars back with the holographic sticker ...those stickers are put there so you don't get fakes.. that "tight control" story is bull...take them to a shop and see what they say..even if they're the best fakes, a cigar smoker will know when it's lit.. JUST MY OPINION...maybe indeed they ran out of stickers at the factory and still pushed cigars out the door and said "trust me"..
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #12
Suprano
5th Gear Member

o.k since everyone seems to think I'm trying to sell fakes, I'll do this:

The price I have is for real cohibas, however, if it can be proven that they're fakes then a new price will be decided upon that will obviously reflect the quality. I'm not trying to rip fellow bimmer guys off, but I do want to sell these.

Rob
Old 09-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #13
bscarlett
2nd Gear Member

Rob,

I can say from experience, after having toured the Cohiba factory, which by the way is a by invitation only tour, that boxes do not leave the factory under any circumstances without the hologram. If you do not have the hologram, the cigars are seized at the airport if you are searched. As I put into my last post, the crown should be on the edge of the lid. They are precise on the placement of the band. The only cigars I have ever purchased that are not from the factory stores or Casa De Habanos are from our good friend who supervises the factory rolling floor at Partagas. These do not have bands or boxes. I too do not want to see fellow bimmer guys get ripped off or you for that matter! I would upload a pic, but there seems to be a problem with that right now.

Check the individual cigar bands against this
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/Cigar...,3390,,00.html

also, the bands should be uniform across the entire 25 cigars. All the cigars should be the exact same colour. There is a person in the factory whose entire job is to sort the cigars into different colour batches. They can differenient over 60 different shades in the wrapper.

Just my 2 cents worhs...OK maybe 4 cents.
bscarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 09:20 AM   #14
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
wow...pretty descriptive..thanks for that!
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2005, 03:51 PM   #15
ShaTR
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscarlett
Hey Suprano, may I ask where you got these from? I ask becasue I am a cigar aficionado. I go the Caigar festival every year in Havana and enjoy quite a lot of Cuban cigars. The positioning of the band appears to be off as well as the band number is not as crisp as it should. The band should have the crown of the shield at the edge of the lid. I showed this to a good friend who runs one of Toronto's largest cigars shops and he agrees. It's a shame, I was running out of Cohibas and didn't want to wait until the festival in Feb.
By any chance, was your friend Akil at Sleuth and Statesman???

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: