Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #1
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

fs: mirt mounting hardware

in the midst of cleaning my room, and i found the swivel base and the suction cups as well as the screws for mounting a mirt in your vehicle.the mirt slides on, and can be removed from this. its good for aiming the mirt at an exact 15 degree angle for optimum use.

going in the trash if someone doesnt want it
Old 08-19-2005, 04:18 PM   #2
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
PM Randy he might be interested
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:37 PM   #3
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I have my swivel collecting dust in the shop.

(on a side note)... if anyone is interested in buying my MIRT, i'd let it go for $450. If you don't know what a MIRT is, google it.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:38 PM   #4
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD
I have my swivel collecting dust in the shop.

(on a side note)... if anyone is interested in buying my MIRT, i'd let it go for $450. If you don't know what a MIRT is, google it.
new small one or old chunky one?
Old 08-19-2005, 04:41 PM   #5
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Chunky one that car easily (and quickly) ripped off the dash for RIDE programs. hehe. I've heard stories that the small one doesn't get the same reception because they require mounting in the front bumper (obstructed by other cars in traffic - too low) and dirt from the elements.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 04:48 PM   #6
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
anyone have an old dead MIRT kicking around? I'd like to open it up and see if it's possible to have the electronics hidden behind the dashboard, and just a single IR bulb hidden somewhere on the dashboard or behind the rearview mirror... ?

J
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:06 PM   #7
niko_gt
6th Gear Member

justin, u can prolly make ur own, its simply a strobe light, running at 14 hertz, very bright and very fast, and u need an IR lens... and if u manage to make one that works , u better get me one too, for the information lol, definately wont be as powerful as the mirt, but worth a try...

but 2 thumbs up for randys mirt, it works wonders , definately worth it if you want the godly powers that randy possesses

that small mirt would be gold to mount in a lightbar, on top of a towtruck or something.

Last edited by niko_gt; 08-19-2005 at 05:11 PM.
niko_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #8
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
looks like I will be making one. .. wouldn't mind grabbing that mounting hardware off you.. will give me something to mount the test unit on. This looks tough for me... I really need to pick up a few books and maybe take a course or two on electronics. schematics takes me so long so figure out. :S

I will do it though... and it'll be a stealth install inside my centre rear view mirror behind a piece of tinted glass... should be fun!

Last edited by Justin e36; 08-19-2005 at 05:48 PM.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:35 PM   #9
Justin e36
---

niko.. you still have this?.. I'd like to start working on my MIRT. let me know if its still available.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: