Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-23-2002, 07:57 PM   #1
jeremy
6th Gear Member

carbon fibre hood

this isn't for sure....i might need to get some money together for a new winter beater......i'm just trying to feel out what kind of cash i will get...the hood was made by BMP Design in texas..i will post more pics when i get some..or if anyone has pics they want to add, please do...thanks

i paid:

470.00us- for the hood (it lists at 1095.00us)
170.00us-shipping
120.00 canadian-duties

= 1170.00 canadian... this is what i paid so please keep it in mind
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carshowclose up.jpg (94.5 KB, 406 views)
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:46 PM   #2
Sim_Sima
The Sims

Its a really good hood but, Why pay soo much for it??
Sim_Sima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 11:51 PM   #3
Sim_Sima
The Sims

I was talking to some guys who came into my work and they were telling me about their carbon fibre company they started. I'm sure they'll make custom hoods and stuff for cars.
Old 09-24-2002, 11:17 AM   #4
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Sim_Sima
I was talking to some guys who came into my work and they were telling me about their carbon fibre company they started. I'm sure they'll make custom hoods and stuff for cars.
try and source a cf hood for a e30....everyone knows someone who knows someone who knows someone....there was supposed to be a guy in burlington that does them (he did gurl bmw's bf's old car) he's outa buisness... also i dont mind paying for something that carries a good quality name such as bmp..i know you can buy them from bc auto in markham, they import them from asia they take30-40 days to get and are 600.00 canadian wholesale,god knows what the quality is like...if your not a distribuitor for them who knows how much you'll pay..

Last edited by jeremy; 09-24-2002 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-27-2002, 05:24 PM   #5
Sim_Sima
The Sims

Thats tru about the everyone knows someone who knows someone, I see now, i respect that, sorry buddy thats a quality hood and BMP is a name i would trust too.

lates..
Old 09-27-2002, 05:27 PM   #6
Sim_Sima
The Sims

Hey could i get some pictures of the mounts for the carbon fibre hood for my own personal reasons. I wanna know how to build them if i get a CF kit, Is it O.E. mounts or did you have to make adjustments??
Old 09-27-2002, 05:44 PM   #7
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Hey could i get some pictures of the mounts for the carbon fibre hood for my own personal reasons. I wanna know how to build them if i get a CF kit, Is it O.E. mounts or did you have to make adjustments??
the hood uses the oem mounts from your old hood...you need to make the cf thicker where you are going to put the mounts and use thread inserts so you can bolt the mounts in hope that helps....i dont have that much access to a dc, but i will try to take some pics for you
Old 09-28-2002, 10:23 AM   #8
Sim_Sima
The Sims

thanx man, I'll tell my buddy bout this and i gotta take my hood off but i'm concerned cuz its not in perfect shape, Hey hows ytour old hood would you let me buy or borrow it for a bit maybe?
Old 09-29-2002, 08:32 PM   #9
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
thanx man, I'll tell my buddy bout this and i gotta take my hood off but i'm concerned cuz its not in perfect shape, Hey hows ytour old hood would you let me buy or borrow it for a bit maybe?
my old hood is in perfect shape...i would lend it too you but if the paint gets f-up i would be pissed (incase i decide to switch it back)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: