Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-23-2002, 08:40 PM   #16
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,684
I think everyone is missing the point here, anything with four wheels can be made to go fast right?? With lots of cash any car, bmw's, honda's, lexus', mazda's, Toyota's, can go fast in a line. But I think I speak for most of the people on this forum, that we bought BMW's for other reasons than just speed, like the look, maybe the prestiege, quality, the luxury and the overall handling and performance that is really hard to be matched by the other competitors. Its really a stupid argument when one says "well if I put in an engine from an airplane then my car will beat yours in a race!!" Obviously it will, but compare the cars when they are stock, and overall, BMW's have little true competition. Right?? Anyway when I put a whole bunch of stickers, my car will be the fastest in the world, hahaha!
__________________

Last edited by mkgino; 09-23-2002 at 08:42 PM.
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 08:43 PM   #17
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,083
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
I think everyone is missing the point here, anything with four wheels can be made to go fast right?? With lots of cash any car, bmw's, honda's, lexus', mazda's, Toyota's, can go fast in a line. But I think I speak for most of the people on this forum, that we bought BMW's for other reasons than just speed, like the look, maybe the prestiege, quality, the luxury and the overall handling and performance that is really hard to be matched by the other competitors. Its really a stupid argument when one says "well if I put in an engine from an airplane then my car will beat yours in a race!!" Obviously it will, but compare the cars when they are stock, and overall, BMW's have little true competition. Right?? Anyway when I put a whole bunch of stickers, my car will be the fastest in the world, hahaha!
Who needs to turn when you can fly in my Rocket Isetta!
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 08:44 PM   #18
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,458
The egg is the only honda that I like

pure sleeper
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 09:54 PM   #19
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,780
see...vlad, how many hondas have u seen that are even done up nicely as a clean car? see thats the thing...as soon as u hear civic...every1 assumes huge body kit, altezza and a ractive exhaust with a ghetto fabulous lowering job and steelies...those are only a fraction of the honda guys...there are some people who go performance, and a clean look....but gamite is right, people are seriously gonna get killed...esp the guys with like 500hp street civics...with 18" rims and gutted interior...thats askin for trouble! but hell..its really impressive wat some of these honda guys can do. and not all honda enthusiasts are punk 16yr olds in a riced up car...there are some people who are 30 and do pro racing...like at mosport with those type-r's! i agree with every1 that randy's is a sick civic...for the sleeper effect...but jus watch who u pull up too...there a lot of guys in the gta who are hitting 13s and 12s with jus a motor swap and lightenned body, with an intake and exhaust....thats more than ur m3 can do sickfinga, and a lot fast than most e30 325is...
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 10:13 PM   #20
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite


Who needs to turn when you can fly in my Rocket Isetta!
This M powered Isetta is gunna rock this planet! LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg issetarace.jpg (15.1 KB, 105 views)
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2002, 10:16 PM   #21
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
I think everyone is missing the point here, anything with four wheels can be made to go fast right?? With lots of cash any car, bmw's, honda's, lexus', mazda's, Toyota's, can go fast in a line.
Now that is so true!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg drag2002#006.jpg (101.6 KB, 105 views)
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:39 AM   #22
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,458
Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
see...vlad, how many hondas have u seen that are even done up nicely as a clean car? see thats the thing...as soon as u hear civic...every1 assumes huge body kit, altezza and a ractive exhaust with a ghetto fabulous lowering job and steelies...those are only a fraction of the honda guys...there are some people who go performance, and a clean look....but gamite is right, people are seriously gonna get killed...esp the guys with like 500hp street civics...with 18" rims and gutted interior...thats askin for trouble! but hell..its really impressive wat some of these honda guys can do. and not all honda enthusiasts are punk 16yr olds in a riced up car...there are some people who are 30 and do pro racing...like at mosport with those type-r's! i agree with every1 that randy's is a sick civic...for the sleeper effect...but jus watch who u pull up too...there a lot of guys in the gta who are hitting 13s and 12s with jus a motor swap and lightenned body, with an intake and exhaust....thats more than ur m3 can do sickfinga, and a lot fast than most e30 325is...

yep that's what the honda gets, it is stereotyped now, and nothing anyone can do. And what do you mean with JUST engine swap???? Engine swap is not JUST a mod. intake is JUST a mod.
If bimmer were as cheap as hondas, you would see tonns of bimmers with swaped engines YOu can get sir engine for 750USD on ebay. and to be honest with you I always hated Japanese cars. I dunno why, but I like US cars more than european, after i moved here I started to hate US cars and switched to european cars. But still hate Japanese cars. IMO honda should be stock or a sleeper.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 10:58 AM   #23
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's
 
FastM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: -
Posts: 5,898
ok let me clear something up....i don't provoke people to race me, and yes most people with civic's act all hard, because every time i'm out driving around they think they can take my car, and they can't, thats what i am trying to say...not all people with civics are @$$holes but for example the other night, just last week, i was driving around and this guy in a civic told me to go f*** myself, why? because he is a loser and thinks his car is fast, and guess whatm, he left after i caught up to him....and the second part is, i actually did beat a type-r, i did beat a gsr tiburon, and i have never lost to a civic yet....and once again, i'm not trying to dis your cars or anything...
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 12:44 PM   #24
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway
 
tlaselva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Woodbridge
Posts: 2,695
Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
Some of those honda's really scare me, like my friends 300+hp Turbo GSR Civic..

Another fact that scares me, is these people put these powreful engines into cars which are like tin cans, people are gonna get killed.

Let's look at this.
300+ HP on a car weighing 2500 lbs, or likely less.
Older Civics, like you said Gamite, are tin cans, and they rip apart like one.
No TC, no anti-lock brakes, inheritant unstability with launching a fwd car with that much power. Sounds like if this guy doesn't display a heavy dose of restraint, this guy's gonna wind up on the Darwin site. Hopefully this guy doesn't take anyone with him.
__________________
2011 X5 M-Sport 3.5i

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 01:12 PM   #25
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,083
Actually he has a full roll cage with plexiglass windows and type R brakes (I think), so he's taken percautionary measures, to some extent.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:25 PM   #26
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,780
guys..i dont wanna sound stupid...but wats the point of launching ur car? is it to avoid shitty low rpm power?
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 04:58 PM   #27
mpower1226
6th Gear Member
 
mpower1226's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,902
Quote:
Originally posted by pasta325i
i actually did beat a type-r, i did beat a gsr tiburon, and i have never lost to a civic yet....and once again, i'm not trying to dis your cars or anything...
gsr tiburon?

the v6 6 speed one?
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 05:42 PM   #28
FastM3
is dreaming of ///M's
 
FastM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: -
Posts: 5,898
Quote:
Originally posted by mpower1226


gsr tiburon?

the v6 6 speed one?

ya man, i was suprised too...we raced about 10 or 11 times, it was funny, he only beat me twice out of all those races but everytime he got off to a great start...but i wasn't far behind at all and i caught up after hitting 3rd gear!
FastM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 07:36 PM   #29
niko_gt
6th Gear Member
 
niko_gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 2,206
hhaha JET powered ISETTA, that's straight out of family matters.. Steve Urkel raced with that thing.. it had a parachute and all.
__________________
niko_gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 08:02 PM   #30
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,083
Quote:
Originally posted by niko_gt
hhaha JET powered ISETTA, that's straight out of family matters.. Steve Urkel raced with that thing.. it had a parachute and all.
He did? I dont even remember that, I just thought it would be funny, remember, ROCKET powered, not Jet powered.. hehe..
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.