Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-30-2005, 08:34 PM   #16
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooner_dee
...I dont play that internet beef i just come to read learn and share not try and act like a cool tuff guy by typing big words.
I feel ya spooner_dee.

Anyway, the passing lane doesn't mean squat in North America. I've given up passing exclusively in that lane.

I just moved to Atlanta and for the first time, I've felt nervous driving on the Interstate due to the mass confusion. There are about five lanes and all are used for passing. Can you imagine being in the 2nd lane from the right and getting passed by someone doing 80+. It scares you a little because sometimes you don't pay as much attention to traffic on the right as you attempt to exit the Interstate. I think USDOT and Canada's traffic authorities need to re-evaluate how traffic is handled...similar to Germany (and I don't mean non-existent speed limits).

I will use the high beams to hopefully move those left lane hogs out of the way. Last resort is tailgaiting.

Last edited by 6speedMaxSE; 07-30-2005 at 08:38 PM.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 08:39 PM   #17
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by myndgone
i raced a badger once....
So have I!

http://www.corporatedump.com/badgerrace.html
Old 07-31-2005, 02:21 PM   #18
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6speedMaxSE
I feel ya spooner_dee.
I think USDOT and Canada's traffic authorities need to re-evaluate how traffic is handled...similar to Germany (and I don't mean non-existent speed limits).

I will use the high beams to hopefully move those left lane hogs out of the way. Last resort is tailgaiting.

I know exactly what you mean, things like its illegal to be passed in the passing lane, meaning if your in the far left lane and someone passes you or you dont move so they can pass, that person gets the ticket not you. See the cops i deal with every day on my commute, its law that you cannot ride in the passing lane for more then 2 miles at a time i believe. So cops come flying up on your ass and tailgate you till you move, or if your like me and give them the finger they pull you over and give you a ticket... ooppss lol..

But for the most part the cops just leave you alone so long as your not going over 80 and not flying around all traffic like a nut. But its idiots like in the duster that get us all in trouble by getting in the passing lane and sitting there for ever and making more traffic because people have to work there way around them using all lanes.... I wouldnt be in situations like that if people would follow the rules of the roads and cops actualy enforced them. but owell what can ya do .

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 05:56 PM   #19
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

I can't believe that the cops actually enforce that in your area. That would a blessing in TN and GA where I drive quite a bit. In ATL, they have an HOV lane that alwasys is used by someone going less than the speed of traffic. Therefore, it is pointless to ride in that lane. The only time the HOV lane should be used is 1st, if there are multiple passengers and 2nd if you are going faster than traffic (whether you are speeding or it is grid lock).

One thing that GA enforces heavily and works versus TN is that trucks with multiple axles (mainly semis) can not use the left lane for any reason.
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2005, 07:10 PM   #20
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
yeah we got the same thing here, no truck in the left lane, no hov lane though, there is a million commuters every morning and afternoon but its only one person in the car at a time so they dont bother with it... lots of traffic. would be nice if we had car pooling then i wouldnt have to fight so many jerks every day. lol not to mention the part of route 80 that i have to commute on... is the most dangerous part of that entire highway (which goes from NY to California) so theres more accidents and jerks on my section then anywhere

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: