Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-19-2005, 03:04 AM   #46
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle
What other type of music would be at a car show? CHUM FM?

I'm sorry but that was funny.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:37 AM   #47
addikt
addiKt

it was a great meet... everything went well except for the waiting of the results... took a large chunk out of my life that i'll never get back [tear] =)

i want to know... who was that (professional) photographer that was walking around and are the pictures he was taking going to get posted anywhere?
addikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:40 AM   #48
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addikt
it was a great meet... everything went well except for the waiting of the results... took a large chunk out of my life that i'll never get back [tear] =)

i want to know... who was that (professional) photographer that was walking around and are the pictures he was taking going to get posted anywhere?
What did he look like? Cuz I got mistaken for a professional photagrapher atleast 5 times yesterday!

Quote:
Old 07-19-2005, 04:03 AM   #49
addikt
addiKt

Uhm... he had 2 camera's i believe... and he was sitting right at the front with the children while the awards were being handed out....
addikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:18 AM   #50
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by addikt
Uhm... he had 2 camera's i believe... and he was sitting right at the front with the children while the awards were being handed out....
Oh okay! Not me!

Quote:
Old 07-19-2005, 11:29 AM   #51
colin1944
1st Gear Newbie

A note to Eurostyle:

Maybe you need to go to more shows.

The music containing phrases about bitches, ho's and profanity are NOT what car shows are about. Children, wifes, girlfriends and most people with good taste should not be subjected to that kind of garbage. Car shows are for enthusiasts and families, not gang bangers. A sad commentary but I have never seen a fight at a car show either.

FOOD......put me in a field for 6 hours, request that I not take my car out of the show and YES, I would like to have some decent food and drink. Having a Pizza Pizza Booth or any other type of booth takes the pressure of the organizer and provides far more choices at no cost to the organizer.
Thanks for your comments and advertising your facility. I think I know where not to look for my BMW stuff.

Last edited by colin1944; 07-19-2005 at 11:33 AM.
colin1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 11:49 AM   #52
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1944
A note to Eurostyle:

Maybe you need to go to more shows.

The music containing phrases about bitches, ho's and profanity are NOT what car shows are about. Children, wifes, girlfriends and most people with good taste should not be subjected to that kind of garbage. Car shows are for enthusiasts and families, not gang bangers. A sad commentary but I have never seen a fight at a car show either.

FOOD......put me in a field for 6 hours, request that I not take my car out of the show and YES, I would like to have some decent food and drink. Having a Pizza Pizza Booth or any other type of booth takes the pressure of the organizer and provides far more choices at no cost to the organizer.
Thanks for your comments and advertising your facility. I think I know where not to look for my BMW stuff.
ROFL....i think i have been to one or two car shows before this, to know what i'm talking about...

A lot of shows are not "family events", including activitys such as wet T-shirt contests (including nudity), burnout competitions etc...

In most indoor shows your car can not be moved from Thursday/Friday, till Sunday afternoon...so 6 hours was not a big deal...and as far as i know eveybody was free to leave as they pleased...

You should go to a few more events and see how it is....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #53
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Fil at a show? Never!

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #54
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
Bimmercruise 05'

KUDOS to all the PEEPS & STAFF!!

I am a sponsor and I was pleased with the event. Somethings may need to be changed and somethings need to stay the way they are, but to start arguing over family values and poor taste vs. good taste is just dumb. Everyone has an opinion and the ORGANAIZERS and SPONSORS should be the only ones who have the final word. If you are not happy with the event, voice your opinions and concerns to the right people. If you are not pleased with the outcome, then be patient and understanding. Keeping in mind that the best interests of all are taken into consideration.

I know that the BIMMERCRUISE staff and organizers have a lot to deal with... not to mention that they give up their time to do this... not getting paid.

Grass.... if it was not raining... grass would not have been an issue.... I was reluctant at first to park on the grass too, but that's the event location and that's what it is... take it or leave it.

Show N' Shine.... I agree with Ryan, there should be some type of parking assigment... there should be a spot desiganted for the sponsors - in order to set up their booths, and spot for spectators, and then the show... but that was pretty much done already. The other item, which I did mention at the show, is that a lot of people did not know that you had to sign up for concourse or the other classes.... but that should be taken into consideration for all the cars in the show... speaking of concourse in praticular.

FIGHTS... fighting should get the sponsor, person, car, whatever ejected from the property and the show... PERIOD! There should be no need for fighting at the show... even if you can not stand someone for whatever reason... take it away from the show.... I heard it was over a girl.. of all things.. but not my business... nor the business of anyone at Bimmercruise. We are all equal at Bimmercruise cuz we are there to see BMW's and nothing else...

CARS... we need more cars... the rain sucks..... it pissed me off too .. i drove in from cottage country and had to do a full detail again on my car... but it's nature... who knows!

INDOOR VS. OUTDOOR.... if you guys want an indoor event, then the $20.00 to register is going to have to have another 0 added on the end of it... who's going to pay for a 40,000 SQ FT plus facility... RANDY??? SPONSORS?? I think not... I have been out to 4 out of 5 Bimmercruises and they improve each year. It is an ongoing battle for the organizers to please all the various peeps that come to these events. Be patient and remember... you didn't start BIMMERCRUISE....it's not your show... be thankful that the organizers are asking for feedback.

and on another note... at the Grand Tuner event ( Molson Indy ) there was swearing in the music too...( not saying that I agree with it) .. just an
FYI..

just my 2 pennies..

mike.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #55
Amir PG
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Amir PG
i think in general the meet was great there was alot of ppl nice and just the weather and the fight was over one of te models there her boyfriend came and saw wat she was doing with some other guy but it was all good thanks randy for everything and if u guys still need some money to chip in for the flags just send PM i wanna chip in some money to0
Amir PG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:12 PM   #56
colin1944
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
ROFL....i think i have been to one or two car shows before this, to know what i'm talking about...

A lot of shows are not "family events", including activitys such as wet T-shirt contests (including nudity), burnout competitions etc...

In most indoor shows your car can not be moved from Thursday/Friday, till Sunday afternoon...so 6 hours was not a big deal...and as far as i know eveybody was free to leave as they pleased...

No doubt about it, and usually the participants are fully aware of the type of event they are attending. There is nothing wrong with those types of events but they are just not for me. Thirty years ago I would have been at the front of the pack, and probably still would be if the wife didn't have me on a short rien, for a wet T shirt contest. Unfortunately that is not what I associate with BMW enthusiasts. Guess I was wrong.

I have been to indoor shows and have literally had the car impounded for the weekend. I didn't drive the car to the show and depend on it for transportation to the donut shop or to get home.

Seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill here. It was a great event except for, in my opinion, the music. I don't care for every type of music but I don't find most types offensive. The folks at Bimmercruize did a great job and for the most part, as I stated earlier, I had a great time. If you don't like my opinion, tough.

BTW, I did state this was my first Bimmercruize but I have been attending car shows of all description both as a spectator and participant for forty years. Seems to me if anyone needs to get out more it is you.

Last edited by colin1944; 07-19-2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:22 PM   #57
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1944
I agree... this was a BMW show. I would expect that a Jaguar, or Benz show would have more family friendly music... BMW should not be any different. These are luxury-sports cars and enthusiasts, not sport compacts.

Would also be nice if the sound system was a bit better... oddly the yellow civic in the corner sounded cleaner.

J
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:27 PM   #58
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital_325i
I believe your refering to me. I woulda chatted a bit longer, but my gf was getting a lil antsy. She loves cars, and bimmers, but she doesn't share the same level of passion for them as I do. Either way, if you can get those tailights for the price you mentioned, jump on them. I believe thats your car peaking into the picture. Next time tell her not to be so shy, and squeeze into the pic.

By the way, if someone could photoshop the civic out, and possibly whiteout the license plate that would be great(No hate to the civic owner).
Hey I think I parked on the right of you?? A green e36.....You had lotsa stuff in the backseat...

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 03:01 PM   #59
colin1944
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:

From BIMMERCRUIZE website...FAQ

Can I leave early? -- Not competitors. Emergency circumstances are acceptable, but with good reason. 4 hours is not that long to stick around.
Spectators are free to leave... in & out privilages are okay.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:09 PM   #60
shimajer
loudddddd

I like how you guys park on the sides during the Cruise so we can take a break from driving and take a pist loll
shimajer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: