Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #31
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

My first Bimmer meet. Showed up around 2:00 or so, and there was some nice cars coming in and out of the entrance. Was with some buddies, saw lots of hot cars. Took a couple pics, will try to upload them tonight when Im at home.

About the show:

My cousin received a flyer/business card on his 92 M5, and he showed up. Him and his fiance came down, and he said he enjoyed it. So the flyers must have had an impact, ontop of my promoting skills

There should have been signs from the Winston Churchill to the meet area. Whether it be balloons, streamers, etc, it would have made it easier to find. Im sure some people may have gotten lost. Plus would have been more of a hype. Passer byers, might have taken interest, and swung by.

An indoor event may help in the event of poor weather, but as discussed, cost for it isn't worth it.

$20 show vs. $5 to park. I guess if you have a car worth showing its worth to pay $20, but I'm not paying $20 to park my stock 325i with a back seat full of stuff I had to haul back from the cottage.

Walked around, recognized some of the cars, EuroE30(Martin's) car looked sick, besides what we talked about . Charlie's car looked good as always, right at the beginning of the line, where it should be. Some old 5/6 series looked very sweet. Only 1 vintage (yellow 2002), guess we know who won that class. The 850 had me drooling. Overall, was WELL worth the $5.

Wouldn't really change anything major, lil things may have helped. I noticed kids running around, and I don't think the music was suitable for them. They weren't lyrics of choice of parents there.

I was trying to track down some Max decals, but came up empty.

I thought it was a great meet, even though I was only there for about 45mins-1hr.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:48 PM   #32
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
some guy was making fun of this car that had these 1-spoke rims. i tried to defend the rims. I got beaten up.

why would you defend anyone stupid enough to put those half-retarded rims on their car?!?

Those kinda people are just BEGGING to have their asses whooped.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:08 PM   #33
icu
3rd Gear Member

1st cruise

Great event met some very interesting people , lots o hot cars and hot babes , need more! thanks to Jason for the bimmer cruise sticker , and whilst on the topic how do I get a max bimmer sticker ? thanks also to Chantel for the great pose in front of my car!! also to the chap beside me in his 325 for the tips on rear clear oem taillights. Lots of info for future mods to be had , everyone I talked with was full of ideas that wil help me in the pursuit of upgrading my 328.This event is for all of us who share the same marquie , dont let an incident like a fight overshadow this fine cruise. oh yeah took the 401 to the event never again what a mess,is this called a highway? 407 home nice smooth no traffic dont care what the cost , lock on cruise an chill. looking forward to next meet.
icu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:27 PM   #34
///Maluco
5erholic

Thank you Randy and Bimmercruise staff for all your time and efforts in creating a gathering of Bimmer enthusiats.
I met a lot of people....unfortunately I forgot most of your names ...sooooorry.
I did appreciate all the kind comments on my old E12...THANK YOU!
Congratulations to all those that won. There were some great examples of clean and classy Bimmers on the lawn.

The cruise was great even though we drove through various rain clouds, but it was a very nice drive nonetheless.

BTW...I love the grass....so please don't change that!

///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:39 PM   #35
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

ok the only thing i didnt like was that this year ( didnt attend last year )
if bimmercruise was in a better area like 2 years ago close to the highway it would have gotten more attention but either at the show was realy great i liked it alot great show randy
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #36
hioctane
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital_325i

Wouldn't really change anything major, lil things may have helped. I noticed kids running around, and I don't think the music was suitable for them. They weren't lyrics of choice of parents there.
agreed.

"I never try anything; I just do it. Wanna try me?"
hioctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:21 PM   #37
Zim Zimma
3rd Gear Member

I showed up at around 2:30 I would say with my father in his 2004 330iM (black).. We stayed about 30 mins just did a nice tour around looked at the cars. Would have liked to stayed longer, but none of my buddies could make it and my dad had to get back to some work. Wouldnt mind meeting some of the owners of the cars, found that majority of them weren't really around there cars. Just wanted to chat with some owners about some of the cars. One other issue I felt I could mention on is the music. Even though the main portion of people attendeing were fairly young ( Im 17 myself).. I found that the music that was being played was totally inappropriate. There were kids around and adults and I just dont think having snoop dawg go on about slapping bitches and hos etc. was neccessary.

Other then that great show.

BTW...Who is the owner of the 94 euro M3 with the bbs rims and several mods.(stunning car)
Zim Zimma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:43 PM   #38
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zim Zimma
BTW...Who is the owner of the 94 euro M3 with the bbs rims and several mods.(stunning car)
That would be Charlie's (Bimmersport) car. I love it, super clean, quick, rare, etc, etc.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:23 PM   #39
V-Thang
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD
Justin, thanks for the info. We advertised in more places then just forums. I distributed out almost 5000 flyers over the past month, including parts/service counters of 7 GTA-based BMW dealerships. I personally handed out approx 50 flyers to modified BMW owners just driving around the GTA and flyers were included in the BMWCC mailing of it's 400+ members through "snail mail" aswell. The event was in the Toronto Star Autodate column for the past month too. I think timing is everything, 2 extra months of advertising would probably do it.
Yup he did advertise more than just the internet. When I was at my cousins shop a few weeks ago, I saw the postcards about the cruise... I was impressed about the cards... looked very professional!

Hopefully next year is as good if not better
V-Thang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:32 PM   #40
Ital_325i
Lost in a world of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by graham
Great event met some very interesting people , lots o hot cars and hot babes , need more! thanks to Jason for the bimmer cruise sticker , and whilst on the topic how do I get a max bimmer sticker ? thanks also to Chantel for the great pose in front of my car!! also to the chap beside me in his 325 for the tips on rear clear oem taillights.
I believe your refering to me. I woulda chatted a bit longer, but my gf was getting a lil antsy. She loves cars, and bimmers, but she doesn't share the same level of passion for them as I do. Either way, if you can get those tailights for the price you mentioned, jump on them. I believe thats your car peaking into the picture. Next time tell her not to be so shy, and squeeze into the pic.

By the way, if someone could photoshop the civic out, and possibly whiteout the license plate that would be great(No hate to the civic owner).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCAO0124.JPG (40.3 KB, 157 views)

Last edited by Ital_325i; 07-18-2005 at 08:35 PM.
Ital_325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 10:28 PM   #41
JS328
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ital_325i
By the way, if someone could photoshop the civic out, and possibly whiteout the license plate that would be great(No hate to the civic owner).
Bye Bye Civic..

Just a quick photoshop.. let me know if you want this done with a higher quality picture for printing..

Joe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg byebyecivic.jpg (47.2 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by JS328; 07-18-2005 at 10:31 PM.
JS328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:09 AM   #42
app
5th Gear Member

you were the guy that had a backseat full of groceries?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:29 AM   #43
Adriano
Who's your daddy now?

Send a message via MSN to Adriano
I can't believe I missed another Bimmercruise! Dammit. Sorry guys, I was really looking forward to come. Damn parts didn't arive on time and I would have had to use "air brakes". Well, I guess I will be looking forward to next year.

Agent BMW trailer
Adriano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:00 AM   #44
colin1944
1st Gear Newbie

This was my frst Bimmercruize and I have mixed emotions about whether I will be back next year. First big complaint was the music....inappropriate for that type of event. I'm not knocking anyones preference in music but if thats your style, keep it at home or in your car.

Grass is the best. Ashpalt is too hot. Great park, lousy location. Something a little more high traffic may have drawn in more spectators.

MORE FOOD and more choices. I think having a professional catering service would offer a larger selection and be on top of the supplies. You guys did a great job with what you had to work with but it was frustrating to have to wait. At least you weren't trying to rip us off with crazy prices.

Overall I had a good time and met some nice people. Certainly saw some interesting machinery and picked up a lot of great ideas.
colin1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 02:52 AM   #45
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin1944
This was my frst Bimmercruize and I have mixed emotions about whether I will be back next year. First big complaint was the music....inappropriate for that type of event. I'm not knocking anyones preference in music but if thats your style, keep it at home or in your car.

Grass is the best. Ashpalt is too hot. Great park, lousy location. Something a little more high traffic may have drawn in more spectators.

MORE FOOD and more choices. I think having a professional catering service would offer a larger selection and be on top of the supplies. You guys did a great job with what you had to work with but it was frustrating to have to wait. At least you weren't trying to rip us off with crazy prices.

Overall I had a good time and met some nice people. Certainly saw some interesting machinery and picked up a lot of great ideas.
Sorry to hear you have "mixed emotions" but:
What other type of music would be at a car show? CHUM FM?...
Food? This is a show, not a picnic...Most car shows have only a Pizza Pizza boot that charges $5 a slice!!! And the show was 5-10 min away fron most fast food places...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: