Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-17-2005, 11:46 PM   #16
app
5th Gear Member

The fight provided some amusement, I saw it start, go for about 2 minutes of them yelling at each other, throw 2 punches, then the staff stepped in.

I think the park was a great idea, was nice to spread out if you wanted to and the "barns" were nice for shade or shelter from the rain. Maybe a way to keep out the tards, like there was some guy doing donuts in a new charger on the baseball diamond.
Old 07-17-2005, 11:46 PM   #17
Slowered318
Powered by Budgies

I agree an indoor event would be amazing.. but i doubt it's cheap unless anyone has a hookup! like a warehouse maybe?

Ryan's crazy ideas:
-Rented above ground pool w/ strippers?
-Car mod plaks (spelling) would be cool guys it only takes a majic marker and some $1.69 bristle board.
-Running water for bucket touch up washing (a must for me )
-Visible from major roads
-Replace "MADD" old ladys with a beer tent?

Last edited by Slowered318; 07-18-2005 at 12:11 AM.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:54 PM   #18
digiital
5th Gear Member

Some guy claiming that his E30 was faster then the guys M5 or something stupid like that.....

No really not sure what happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
wait a sec... I missed a fight? cliffs?

What in the hell would anyone have to fight over at a bmw meet? someone dissed another dude's rims or something?

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 11:59 PM   #19
digiital
5th Gear Member

I was watching buddy not sure what happened, but all of a sudden BANG, something just didn't sound right and he went stumbling out of the park.

What that the guy who started the fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by app
Maybe a way to keep out the tards, like there was some guy doing donuts in a new charger on the baseball diamond.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:04 AM   #20
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Fight? That sounds silly. I was at work hoping you guys had a good time.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 12:15 AM   #21
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
christina - if you came it could of been so much better.

i thought the turn out was great but there are a lot of cars missing that should of been there...z8's and z4's also the new 6ers and 7ers...and the one and only new 5 series seemed lonely with it's older siblings.....besides some mishaps it was a good meet, and a lot could be learned from this meet, more food and drinks and sorted car parking. but other then that you can't really do much, either weather didn't co-operate until the end and some people could come...but the sponsers, staff and everyone who came really made it a good meet....it was my first and definitly not my last.
est 364 days until bimmercruise 2006

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:12 AM   #22
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
I went there it was great saw all the nice bimmers .... as I was told the show was better then last year... so yeah gonna make sure to come back again... oh and Miguel why did you park all the way out back and not with others and I was about to take a pic of Randy's smart and call it the star of the show but then got too lazy
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:18 AM   #23
///Milk
BangSentra

Send a message via ICQ to ///Milk Send a message via AIM to ///Milk Send a message via MSN to ///Milk Send a message via Yahoo to ///Milk Send a message via Skype™ to ///Milk
i have a little question
how much has the number of participants grown since BC04 to BC05

///Milk

2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S
2009 Ford Focus SES Sedan
///Milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:09 AM   #24
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Hey Randy,

As I mentioned at the end, I thought things went pretty good.. however, this was my first bimmercruise show so only have videos/pictures to compare against. So I'll provide from generic comments based on promotional experience... (though no car show experience, so what I say may not fully apply... but hopefully will be somewhat useful...)

1 - I have a lot of friends with BMW's that have never heard of bimmercruise and aren't fully interested in coming. They're not internet people, or a part of "forum culture".. but do love their BMW's very much. Many of them are older individuals. These are the people who really need to be targeted. Some flyers distributed to maX members... (send through snail mail even, for those who don't go to the weekly meets.).. and let them distribute it amongst their non-internet savy friends, or any other bimmers they see in parking lots. I did manage to convince 2 other guys to come down, but most didn't really see the big deal... those little advertisements go a long way. Internet has a limited target market and is reflected in the cruise... lots of younger kids, e30's and e36's... the higher end / classier car owners don't really know about the cruise.

2 - There are others who visit the bimmercruise.com website, but not these forums... they don't know about next year's cruise and can easily miss out on it. It would be nice to add a "mailing notification" feature to the website where anyone who signs up is notified via e-mail about the following year's cruise once details are announced.

3 - Find out if you can work something out with BMWCCA or similar to have flyers at the parts desks of BMW dealerships. A lot of die-hard BMW fans visit those parts desks regularly. (not sure if BMWCCA has this type of pull or not...) If anything, you can perhaps push for the next level which is actually the BMW of Canada, ask them too put the flyers and in turn they can park some of their newest BMW's at the park promotionally. (I'm sure everyone would like to see some of the newer e90's, 6 series coupe, 7ers, etc. parked there... even if they are stock.) Your push could be that BMW owners are often repeat buyers. Good advertising opportunity for them.

4 - I love the grass idea. Although my car was dirty as hell from the cruise. I find it MUCH classier than a parking lot and adds a nice atmosphere. Seeing the M3's lined up at the end on the hill, and the cars on the rolling grass. Plus it helps people think of the "BBQ" theme and make more sales. Parking lots don't exactly scream "hey, let's go get a hamburger!"

5 - the cruise itself was very well done, scenic.. even though the guys I were following got lost for a while. however, it would help if a few more "public" places were seen... it's an eye turner, and if a few cars had www.bimmercruise.com banners on them, well you've just got a whole lot of awesome free advertising.

6 - while the park was nice, and offered the nice indoor areas for vendors... the cars were not visible from public roads, which could really help with getting more people in there... not necessarily BMW owners, but people interested nonetheless. If it was off a major road, and there was a big banner on stakes in front of the show facing the road which said something to the effect of "Bimmercruise Car Show" in big letters... that would draw in a nice crowd.

7 - Advertise on forums where there would be an interested crowd. (i.e. VW and Audi forums)... just advertise the show part, not the actual cruise.. and be clear that they're there to spectate only... can't run their cars in the show. Spectators really make the event. And really, the more people that show (even to view) can potentially mean more $$$ sold from the BBQ, and for the promoters. The more spectators, the more companies would be interested in coming to advertise their magazines / products... which also helps add to the culture and provide publicity.

8 - free media advertising. there's that ricer tv show that comes on Saturdays... canadian based. they can come and do some video footage.. get the word out publically and have a few clips shown. lots of canadian car magazines that would be interested in coming to snap some pics, maybe feature a car or two. it'd be good to send out a mass notification to them about the event, and provide some photos of past events to ensure them this isn't a "mickey mouse" event.. but something big that could provide some good photo oportunities. All of this cascades to help make future cruises into bigger events. And bigger, in this case, is better.

9 - not much you can do about people fighting.. it happens. you just want to make sure that if anything does happen, you're not accountable. a disclaimer on the bimmercruise website could help in the future in case something more serious does happen. you never know... what if there was a serious accident on the premesis, at your event. make sure it's stated somewhere that people are really accountable for their own safety and belongings.

10 - as far as BBQing goes... you really only need one person, just need to learn how to half-cook the food and keep it on the warming tray until an order is placed, where it is finished off for the next 2 minutes or so. Being one step ahead is not enough, gotta be 10 steps ahead for these things. (I've helped host a lot of BBQ events in the past w/ professional caterers, this is usually how it's done.)

11 - the food (and especially water!) in a more visible place will help with sales too.

that's all I can think of now... but hope it helps some.
was nice meeting you too, btw.

Justin
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 02:12 AM   #25
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Also, why are people with very modded cars not entering? There were a bunch of beautiful cars there that decided not to enter, I don't get why. $20 isn't a lot I don't think.
I don't think everyone is there to enter... I know my car isn't done yet (in my eyes), so I'm there more to be a part of the atmosphere, and to check out the other cars. Also some people aren't sure if they'll be around, might have to leave early. Might be other reasons too though... but those are my excuses. (I left around 2pm and came back when you guys were closing up... I was the guy in the blacked out sedan that drove by you and waved on my way out...)

J
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 AM   #26
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
What in the hell would anyone have to fight over at a bmw meet? someone dissed another dude's rims or something?
some guy was making fun of this car that had these 1-spoke rims. i tried to defend the rims. I got beaten up.

Old 07-18-2005, 07:48 AM   #27
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Justin, thanks for the info. We advertised in more places then just forums. I distributed out almost 5000 flyers over the past month, including parts/service counters of 7 GTA-based BMW dealerships. I personally handed out approx 50 flyers to modified BMW owners just driving around the GTA and flyers were included in the BMWCC mailing of it's 400+ members through "snail mail" aswell. The event was in the Toronto Star Autodate column for the past month too. I think timing is everything, 2 extra months of advertising would probably do it.

Having the park off a "not so busy" road allows the busy cruise to come in all at once without disturbing the flow of traffic. I count on enthusiasts attending the event, not so much general public.... but every little bit helps I guess.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 08:28 AM   #28
JazzM
6th Gear Member

This was my first bimmercruise event that I attended. I personally liked it being staged at a park vs a parking lot which I heard was the previous setting. This allows for a lot more parking and you don't need to worry about leaving your car unlocked. I've met a lot of great people, saw a lot of wonderful cars and had a really nice time.

Judging though was a bit of a long wait, but I can understand that with such a number of cars. However close to 1/3rd of the cars/owners disappeared before the results were anounced???

I loved it when it was raining, hot and cool at the same time. But wiping the car 3 times over was not that much fun

Great job all organizers and Bimmercruise staff for pulling of yet another successfull event! Randy, I think you'll need to clone yourself or something

T.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:48 AM   #29
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
Great event, great show up, and nice cars!

-grass sucks, wet grass sucks.
-very hidden place (good and bad)
-not enough food choices, or places to go near by.
-awards took too long to begin.
-point system for cars
-More Prizes!!!!!!!
-7 series class (cancel luxury, cause that doesnt make sense!!!! lol)

btw that e30 M5 was killer, same with that alpina ...

all fun tho and really enjoyed it!

Last edited by Betray; 07-18-2005 at 10:51 AM.
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 11:29 AM   #30
BMWF1

No mention of the fight will be brought up, common guys grow up, me and jay took care of it within a few minutes nobody really saw anything anyway. GROW UP GUYS

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: