Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-11-2005, 08:41 AM   #16
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Tom, what is your final drive ratio??

I have no idea how you guys can do the slalom in 1st without laying on the rev limiter.

I shift into second coming around the first cone, and shift back into 1st when I'm about parallel with the 400.
During the slalom part I was coming very close to the redline (9000) so I let of the throttle quite early on. I could see that shifting to second at that point would have benefited me slightly, but then I was concerned about downshifting back to 1st in a timely fashion. I'll try that next time for sure. My final drive is 4.10 LSD from an e30 M3 (rear end on the e30 is the same on the z3). Unfortutnly my rear end needs a rebuild, the bearings are making a lot of noise. Hopefully next week I can take care of that...

T.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:44 AM   #17
JazzM
6th Gear Member

The other thing I noticed was that I let out a bit too much air on my 4th and 5th run. What in turn happened was that my rear wheels got more tracktion compared to my fronts and we're back at square one (hence the reason for taking out so many pilons at the end)... My air pressure was perfect on the 1-3 at 29psi front and 30 psi rear. MInd you I'm running 235/275 setup.

T.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:07 PM   #18
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
I actually liked the course layout a lot. There have been way tighter courses then this (I know when they're too tight because my shoulders hurt from steering so much).

I really need to learn how to navigate myself around the course though. I find myself early apexing a lot of cones, which totally messes me up for the next cone, it's always been a problem of mine. I only think of one cone at a time, and not a section of cones, which is really bad. Which is why Randy never has a problem smoking me with my car (by a few seconds), he know's how to properly load the front wheels and apex the corners right.

At least I can't use my car as a scapegoat anymore. And yes, my fastest time is usually with someone in the passenger seat as well. It usually is, it doesn't make sense to me, but it's been explained as it helps neutralize the handling.

Also, Tom, with 29psi, you don't get any outer sidewall wear? Even with my street tires I ran like 38psi or so. Then again your car is lighter then mine. For curiosity's sake, what is the weight of your car??
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 01:37 PM   #19
JazzM
6th Gear Member

The door sais its 1475kg - most of it being the giant hood . e36 is about 1700 kg if I remember right with the 4 door about 80kg more. The e46 M3 is 2100 kg... (multiply by 2.20462262 for lbs)

T.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:20 PM   #20
LOBO M-COUPE
Turbo'd

2002 M-Coupe (s54 333bhp) FOR SALE!!

Much to my dismay (and my loving girlfriend's chagrin) I'll no longer be out at Trillium events. It kill's me though, as I read all the post race reports by Nelson and Tom.... it seems totally too responsible of me stop enjoying my new car. Having it to drive on weekends only (because I ride my bike to work and slave for 14 hours a day) doesn't seem to hardly justify the sort of financial strain required at this time to finish paying it off for the next couple of years either.

I'm faced with a dilemma, there's only 12 M-Coupes in Canada with the S54 engine (according to Bruce!)... and I'm tempted to hold onto this rare beast, but like I said... it's too much of a financial strain for something that I can only possibly put 5,000kms on in one year. It currently has 25k miles on it.

So here it goes:
2002 M-Coupe with the famous M3 s54 engine
0-60: 4.6 seconds (with sport mode modification and approx. 333bhp)
B&B Exhaust
Koni Adjustables all round
H&R Sport Springs
Clutch Stop
Heated Sport Seats
All black leather interior
Titanium Silver Exterior
Castrol TWS 10w60 oil every 3500miles/5000kmís.
Continential Sport Contact 2's (which I don't like very much but they are super quiet and great on the highway!)
Asking CDN$47,000 firm!
25,000 Miles
Two small chips on the bumper from normal use, paint is otherwise flawless. Wheels have a few small scuffs but are still beautiful nevertheless.

416-363-6228 office
416-704-7280 cell

No test pilots!

(No rush to sell it..ÖbutÖ.. I'm actually entertaining getting a pick up truck and having a downpayment for a house).
Old 07-11-2005, 02:37 PM   #21
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

It was my first time and it was fun as hell!!!! Too bad one of my bearrings is making more noise than usual, but that won't stop me. My best time was 1.06 no cones.(i think)

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:09 PM   #22
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOBO M-COUPE
Much to my dismay (and my loving girlfriend's chagrin) I'll no longer be out at Trillium events. It kill's me though, as I read all the post race reports by Nelson and Tom.... it seems totally too responsible of me stop enjoying my new car. Having it to drive on weekends only (because I ride my bike to work and slave for 14 hours a day) doesn't seem to hardly justify the sort of financial strain required at this time to finish paying it off for the next couple of years either.

I'm faced with a dilemma, there's only 12 M-Coupes in Canada with the S54 engine (according to Bruce!)... and I'm tempted to hold onto this rare beast, but like I said... it's too much of a financial strain for something that I can only possibly put 5,000kms on in one year. It currently has 25k miles on it.

So here it goes:
2002 M-Coupe with the famous M3 s54 engine
0-60: 4.6 seconds (with sport mode modification and approx. 333bhp)
B&B Exhaust
Koni Adjustables all round
H&R Sport Springs
Clutch Stop
Heated Sport Seats
All black leather interior
Titanium Silver Exterior
Castrol TWS 10w60 oil every 3500miles/5000kmís.
Continential Sport Contact 2's (which I don't like very much but they are super quiet and great on the highway!)
Asking CDN$47,000 firm!
25,000 Miles
Two small chips on the bumper from normal use, paint is otherwise flawless. Wheels have a few small scuffs but are still beautiful nevertheless.

416-363-6228 office
416-704-7280 cell

No test pilots!

(No rush to sell it..ÖbutÖ.. I'm actually entertaining getting a pick up truck and having a downpayment for a house).
Sorry to hear that your selling the beast.. if you decide to make it stock again, i'm interested in the exhaust and the H&R/Koni stuff.

Jeff

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #23
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
Here's my pics from the autocross.

Tom.. Btw, I just noticed that your 2 cars infront of me so I didn't get the chance to take some pics of your car. Maybe Terry have some pics.

Here they are
July 10 2005 Autox

Jeff
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:38 PM   #24
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
The door sais its 1475kg - most of it being the giant hood . e36 is about 1700 kg if I remember right with the 4 door about 80kg more. The e46 M3 is 2100 kg... (multiply by 2.20462262 for lbs)

T.
Tom, the weights on the door jamb is the gross max vehicle weight, not the weight of the car itself. My car is appearently 1415kg (3120lbs) stock, my door jamb says the GMVW 1865kg (which is 4112lbs), which is the weight of the car, 5 people and luggage.

When you got it corner weighted, they didn't give you an exact number??

And crusher, once again, great pics. Pic 41 (DSC_0174.JPG) and 196 (DSC_0019.JOG) of my car sorta scare me though, seeing the front tire to fender clearance. No rubbing yet though.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."

Last edited by thinair; 07-11-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #25
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Yes, just looked at the numbers... 2920 lbs with 200 lbs driver and 3/4 tank corner-balanced. Thats about 1327kg w the driver or ca. 1236kg without.

Jeff, thats ok... I looked through yours they turned out really good. Hopefully Terry has some.

T.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:50 PM   #26
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Mike, sorry to hear about your loss. And I know exactly how you feel, as its an expensive hobby for both of us. When I got my car in the early spring of 2000 I payed nearly 40,000 for it. Once again, its an expensive hobby. Well hopefully you'll change your mind Keep in touch regardless...

T.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:51 AM   #27
thinair
moderationistismingly

The results are up. Super fast turn around
Old 07-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #28
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Nice Great Job everyone...

T.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: