Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Al Qaeda responsible for London Bombing???

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/...1188265,00.html

A terror group linked to al Qaeda has claimed it carried out a series of terror attacks on London that have left a number of people dead and hundreds injured.

Two London hospital have reported a total of 185 wounded after a series of blasts hit locations across the city on buses and Tube stations.

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Ian Blair said there was evidence of explosives at at least one of the six sites.

Scotland Yard has denied reports they were warned of an attack by Israel minutes before the blasts.

Two people have been confirmed dead and at least 90 people injured in the explosion at Aldgate Station.

Prime Minister Tony Blair is returning to London from the G8 Summit in Scotland.

He said: "It's particularly barbaric that these attacks are designed to coincide with the G8 summit.

"It's important however that those engaged in terrorism realise that our determination to defend our values and way of life is greater than their determination to cause death and destruction to innocent people."

Witness, Angie, saw the bus explode in Russell Square. She said: "There were a whole lot of people around the bus. Next thing I was on the floor and there were a lot of people on me.

"I thought I was going to be crushed. The bus was ripped out at the back. It must have been a bomb."

The entire Tube network has been shut down following the blasts at Edgware Road, Kings Cross, Liverpool Street, Russell Square, Aldgate, Moorgate and Leicester Square.

One witness said the packed underground train he was on was 200 metres from King's Cross when there was a huge flash.

The train stopped and people were using umbrellas to smash windows of the trains. Passengers were led out of the train by underground staff.

He added people were milling around King's Cross covered in soot.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
http://apnews.myway.com//article/200...D8B6IHOO0.html

Myway claims 40 dead and over 300 injured.

"CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - A group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe" posted a claim of responsibility for Thursday's blasts in London, saying they were in retaliation for Britain's involvement in Iraq and Afghanistan."

"The group al-Qaida in Europe claimed responsibility for the last major terror attack in Europe: a string of bombs that hit commuter trains in Madrid, Spain in March 2004, killing 191 people. Two days after that attack, a video was found in a trash can outside a Madrid mosque with a statement purported to be from the group's spokesman, called by the nickname "Abu Dujan al Afghani."

"We warned the British government and the British people repeatedly. We have carried out our promise and carried out a military attack in Britain after great efforts by the heroic mujahedeen over a long period to ensure its success."

"We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all crusader governments that they will receive the same punishment if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan," the statement went on.

It was signed "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe."

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 AM   #3
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
latest from SKy and BBC is 45 dead, over 1000 injured.
numbers will continue to rise as debris and counts are made and reported... will take a solid week before it settles down.

they must've been planning this for months/years... coincidence it happens right after London's announcement of getting the Olympics... wonder if this will affect that.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

key word here is "CLAIMED" ... lets not spread false information before we actually know what happened.

RIP
Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
it's not spreading false information.. would be false if someone said aQ DID do it... but with the word "claimed" in there, it invalids that statement into speculation and possibility... that's why it's there.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #6
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

they are a bunch of cowards man, RIP those innocent lives everywhere.....our governments are so ****ed up right now its not looking good at all.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM   #7
digiital
5th Gear Member

France must be REALLY pissed for not getting the 2012 games.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #8
sirex
King Sirex

after I saw it on CNN I was like this is totally ****ed. Man what is it that these people want? to go around and blow innocent people up. I mean why do they target the average person, why dont they go for the big people.

Imagine something like this happened here in Toronto? It is a possibility that if it could happen in Londons metro stations, then what about here we have some pretty shitty security when it comes to our TTC and other landmarks where peoples lives could be devastated.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:19 PM   #9
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
after I saw it on CNN I was like this is totally ****ed. Man what is it that these people want? to go around and blow innocent people up. I mean why do they target the average person, why dont they go for the big people.
Unfortunately, I just can't feel any remorse for the "innocent" people, don't get me wrong, it's sad that the world is coming to this, but at a time like this, its an on going war - does any body feel bad for the innocent middle eastern people dying EVERYDAY? did you even know innocent people die everyday because of the problems between isreal and palistine??
these Al quda guys are extremists, but if wasn't for them the rest of the world would still be in the dark about how these palistines don't stand a fighting chance against american/british funded armies
I'm sure they they'll go for the big people soon . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
Imagine something like this happened here in Toronto? It is a possibility that if it could happen in Londons metro stations, then what about here we have some pretty shitty security when it comes to our TTC and other landmarks where peoples lives could be devastated.
this would never happen in Canada - our former prime minister did things right and did not back up the terror the US was inflicting on the arab countries.
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #10
chia
Keepin' It Fake.

i believe there's much more than 2 dead, there's approximately 20 dead i've heard so far. the 2 dead mentioned is just from the aldgate station incident.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #11
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

R.I.P. to the lost innocent lives.

I know 2 girls that left to go back home to London last night at 8pm from Toronto. Hopefully they weren't close to this area when they got back. Hopefully they were asleep from the jetlag!

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #12
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

[quote=AcidSnow]Unfortunately, I just can't feel any remorse for the "innocent" people

So why should innocent people die, what have they done. Those innocent people are someones mother, father, brother and sister. Thats not right.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #13
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

^^ I know, but its happens soo frequently in the middle east, its not even news any more when an entire village of men women and childern get wiped out in palistine by an israli tank. What I'm trying to say is 100's die in palistine every day, then 40 people die in London, and its all over the news . . . .
Old 07-07-2005, 03:14 PM   #14
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

maybe I'll feel more remorse when the same number of people die in London, compared to the number that haved died in Palistine. The shitty part is that the israils are killing the palistines with the weapons and arms supplied by the US and Tony Blair.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #15
Magma
2nd Gear Member

As a person from London, I can say that I'm not surprised that this happened. It was going to happen one day.

I'm a little pissed off because just before the Iraq war, a LOT of people marched and voiced their protest against Tony Blair. The only reason why he was re-elected in the recent elections was that the other political parties are just shit.

I can't speak for the US but I know that a lot of Americans are against the Iraq war. Then they re-elect Bush. At least Kerry was half-decent.

Now what impression do you think that must have made on Al-Qaeda and people in the Middle-East in general? It will seem that we are supporting the leaders that started the Iraq war...i.e. we are supporting the Iraq war.

P.S. Olympics are still on. Security will be stepped up, obviously. However, 2012 is quite a long time away and if more attacks happen between now and then....hmm...I don't know.
Magma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: