Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-07-2005, 03:55 PM   #31
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMI Motorsports
You really can't compare the Miata and an S2000 to each other other then they are convertables. S2000 bred for tight race courses 50/50 weight distribution bare bones on the options list and are realy tail happy (look at any that have been in an accident the front ends are always damaged. Mazda Miata (without any aftermarket) is just a yuppy convertible car. I do however believe they both are good cars.

Thanks Adrian

By similar i ment really only on looks alone lol

she dont like minis and yeah she is a princess but all she cares about is new looks pretty and has a cd player so

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 04:20 PM   #32
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

LMAO, man i'd probably jump off a cliff if i had a girl like that. she doesn't like all those sweet arse cars Get her a friggn sebring convertible and remove the grille so therse a big hole in the front

and then rip out the stereo system and put in a cd boombox with 'antiskip' feature

that shud learn her...Miguel's post may be seen as a joke, but i htink it's the best idea posted YET. LoL...
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:17 PM   #33
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Here is my female two cents...

Make her learn how to drive standard she will kick and scream and fight you but in the end she gets the car she wants (S2000) and she will have so much fun driving it cause it isn't and auto!!!

I taught myself how to drive standard and it was the best thing I ever did cause now I'm not limited and it is just a much better driving experience. I really recommend that all women learn it is a good skill.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:45 PM   #34
spooner_dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by E30 Girl
Here is my female two cents...

Make her learn how to drive standard she will kick and scream and fight you but in the end she gets the car she wants (S2000) and she will have so much fun driving it cause it isn't and auto!!!

I taught myself how to drive standard and it was the best thing I ever did cause now I'm not limited and it is just a much better driving experience. I really recommend that all women learn it is a good skill.

Glad to have a female persepective on the matter, and your right she should learn, and when she first got her license her dad tried to teach her and well lets just say she never ever got the car to move more then a few jerking inches... i suppose i could try and teach her again but i think this one is a battle id never even come close to winning. I think if have more luck writing honda and telling them to make an auto model of the s2000 lol

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:22 PM   #35
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
it's very hard for some ppl to learn...male or female. i know i tried to teach my sister and she had a very hard time. she also has really poor concentration as a driver, so a manual is i think too much for her. i know sometimes i get frustrated with my car (5spd) when i'm wearing heels, and it's uncomfortable, or even rush hour traffic...its all preference.

has she picked a car yet?
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #36
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
You my friend are a patient husband to be... I would say listen woman weve been here and there and here agian. Thats it... Back to the chevette woman.

she dont like the mini vert.
and i didnt see your responce on the crossfire,

there not to many convertibles out there.. new and that she doesnt like... lol your on your own.
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #37
EuroSpectacle
88iS

Send a message via MSN to EuroSpectacle
Boxter... new ones are nice.. theres no grill and for sure there is a cd player/.
EuroSpectacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #38
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
paint the grills body color..
2006 Pontiac Solstice

Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 11:54 AM   #39
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
Ya you could get her that and then you could buy it from me I work for GM.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:06 PM   #40
BimmerBlonde
2nd Gear Member

maybe she's subtly trying to get you to teach her how to drive stick
BimmerBlonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 11:02 PM   #41
spooner_dee

well i told her id try and teach her to drive stick and she said ok but problem is i dont have one so id have to find a friend willing to loan me a car for a day...... lol i dont think... and keep in mind my friends are nuts, but i dont think i know anyone crazy enough to loan me there 5spd for that. But if i can ill find someone to loan me a car and teach her. As for the cross fire, i showed her a pic and she didnt like it cuz it had to many lines in the body... shes picky i know. She dont like the mini for a number of reasons, too small has a grill etc.. Anywho shes away for a while now so when she comes back ill run by all of your suggestions and when she makes up her mind ill let you all know what monstrosity she decided on lol I cant figure it out turning down so many sweet rides over a grill lol and as for all of you who said i should leave her, sorry but she means more to me then a car... which means shes lucky i love her other wise it would have been the curb im a serious car man so she must be special for me to look past this.

Old 07-09-2005, 11:15 PM   #42
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

good luck on teachin her bro....and i believe S2ks are 6speed..i know some sales guys if their nice enough will teach her for ya before you buy the s2k. s'worth a try asking
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 01:05 AM   #43
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
S2000's are pretty easy to stall.
I suggest you teach her on something with soft gas/clutch pedals and decent torque off idle.
Old 07-10-2005, 03:24 AM   #44
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Slk
Old 07-10-2005, 09:54 AM   #45
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Sunfire Convertible, Cavalier Convertible. We are starting to run out of convertables here.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: