Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-13-2005, 12:31 AM   #61
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythm
Just out of curiosity, what kind of dress code are at these places?

If anyones ever been to Bahama's, there is a place called club landor, next to the Atlantis. Its a high class yacht club. Anyways, once the guy came around with the butter tray to give my girlfriend and I butter, I paid my bill and shaded out of there fast! Not my kind of atmosphere. I don't mind paying a lot for food and service. But i'd like to drink beer, not wine. And listen to a live band, not a piano.

Plus, once you go out for dinner that costs $300, how do you top that?

You top that by driving up to Eigensinn Farm in Singhampton, which is near Collingwood. My wife and I have been there 3 times, but the price is now $250 /per person, and you bring your own wine. (we won't be going back in a hurry)

http://www.eigensinnfarm.com/

Dress Code: at most places, just don't wear blue jeans. At Eigensinn Farm, it doesn't matter what you wear.

MarkD

Last edited by MarkD; 07-13-2005 at 12:39 AM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:34 AM   #62
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinggonzo
Wow, that looks wonderful. I wonder if there's still seats available for Fri / Sat (doubt it)... FYI, I read an online review and the menu has changed substantially versus what's on the website. To me it sounds even better though.
There were some tables still available on Fri/Sat when I called today. We are going on Sat., 9:30 pm.

MarkD
Old 07-13-2005, 12:47 AM   #63
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

eiginsinnfarm by the looks of it sounds like its trying too hard to impress and at the same time to much work for someone to go through all that trouble to reserve 3 months away on the first day of the month etc etc etc

and then they don't even want to tell you the location untill you've sent them the cheque in advance. OOhhhh super secret location.... give me a break.

A perfect of example of just trying too hard to make it look too ultra exclusive. Thanks but Ill pass, rather spend my dough at Susur instead of that farm,
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 12:56 AM   #64
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

For anyone into steaks check out Hy's or Barberian's.

For atmoshere and service I found Hy's to be outstanding
Old 07-13-2005, 12:58 AM   #65
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadUpp
eiginsinnfarm by the looks of it sounds like its trying too hard to impress and at the same time to much work for someone to go through all that trouble to reserve 3 months away on the first day of the month etc etc etc

and then they don't even want to tell you the location untill you've sent them the cheque in advance. OOhhhh super secret location.... give me a break.

A perfect of example of just trying too hard to make it look too ultra exclusive. Thanks but Ill pass, rather spend my dough at Susur instead of that farm,
I didn't read the complete website so didn't know about them not telling you the location. We went in 2001, 2002 and 2003 and the prices were much lower, around $140 each in 2001 and I think it was $180 each in 2003. After Michael Stadtlander got voted as one of the 10 best in the world, he upped the prices to $250... We also decided there are enough other places to go in Toronto that we won't be driving up there again. But it sure was good. I think they are mainly in it for the money now.

MarkD
Old 07-13-2005, 01:05 AM   #66
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

I remember reading about that farm about 2 years ago in the Wednesday food section of the Toronto Star I believe but didn't give it much thought. I guess it's gotten quite a bit of exposure since then and hence the current price but I'm glad you brought it to our attention.

Without a doubt the food must be wonderful but there is a limit to what you can put up with nevermind the drive to the place.

Thanks for sharing the info though
Old 07-13-2005, 02:23 AM   #67
Gamite

Went to Susur last Saturday, I must say, it was more of an "experience" than anything else.

If you're not into cooking, or not a food critic, I probably wouldn't recommend u go there on a regular basis. But maybe once to try it out.

We ordered the 7 course meal, it was pretty cool, since my GF got different things than we did. My main course was Ostrich! It tasted pretty good too. Desert was awesome.

I'm not much of a fan of Fusion food, but like I said, it was an experience. The dress code there was actually pretty laid back, I actually felt slightly overdressed in a dress shirt and dress pants.

Going to North 44 for Summerlicious.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 08:58 AM   #68
super_namer
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadUpp
For anyone into steaks check out Hy's or Barberian's.

For atmoshere and service I found Hy's to be outstanding

I 100% agree with you on Hy's. Amazing place. Great atmospere. Hell, even the salad was amazing haha. I've been to the one in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Ottawa, and all were flawless.

BUT.... I must say,
F**K BARBERIANS..... bunch of bastards. They treated us like S**t because we were young and didnt "look" like we had money. Total attitude when we were ordering... 10x more attitude when we tried to get stuff that was MISSING from our original order.
Since the parking at the back is totally packed, we had to give our keys to the host. Upon leaving, we went and asked for our keys (volvo xc90 and mecedes clk 500), the man had the audacity to say "are you sure these are yours"....

whatever... they just wont get our visits anymore.
super_namer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: