Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-06-2005, 12:49 AM   #31
Predator_e36
AKA:e36=m3square

Send a message via ICQ to Predator_e36

cn tower
Old 07-06-2005, 07:11 AM   #32
bubsy12
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to bubsy12 Send a message via AIM to bubsy12
Try "The Octagon" in Thornhill... very well known for their delicious prime rib.
7529 Yonge
Thornhill, ON L3T2B4
Phone: (905) 889-8989

Sassafraz is very good as well.
100 Cumberland
Toronto, ON M5R1A6
Phone: (416) 964-2222

2008 Toyota Rav4 V6 AWD Sport - Daily Driver -

www.SpoolnU.com - ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.
bubsy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:25 AM   #33
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Does $300 food taste better then $50 food?

If I had to spend $300 in one night with my GF, it'd be like a $50 meal, a dozen roses, some ice cream cones on the beach, and the extra $200 I'd buy something she could at least keep and remember and maybe even use.

In a year what are you going to look back to..."Remember last year we spent $300 on food and ate it? Yeah that was great."

Better I'd rather just get her like 100 $3 instant win scratch tickes, she'd be off my case for a couple days and if she won she'd feel obligated to share the wealth with me.

I could feed myself for two months at Dominion or No Frills with $300, that's a lot of cash for food.
yes!!! 100% agreed. Just out of curiosity i was browsing the websites of some restaurants mentioned, and checking out the menus...the food doesnt sound at all appetizing to me. Maybe that's just a culture/preference thing. Butoverall i'd prefer to spend 300$ and go out 10 or more times to average restaurants (east side mario's, boston pizza, stuff like that) than just one night.
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:28 AM   #34
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
$300 is overkill if you ask me (unless you've got the money to blow)....... $150 at a nice steak place (ie. ruth's chris) and i'm more than happy

Last edited by koncise; 07-06-2005 at 09:44 AM.
koncise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:14 AM   #35
WASABI
OG

Baton Rouge, Milestones, Alice Fazoolis, amongst the others listed, are quite good and reasonable. But it depends on the occassion. Nothing beats the element of surprise though.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:15 AM   #36
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
When you sprend $300 on a meal it is not just about the food (although that is a huge part) but it is also about the service. At Canoe the service was amazing like nothing else and I have been to some really nice and expensive resteraunts.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:26 AM   #37
328power
GAS GUZZLER !!

if you like Lobster.... id take her to Lobster Royale... yonge / steelies area....

Very well priced and EXCELLENT food .... try the lobster bisque soup !

Its not all PIMP like some of the other places but still nice

100 for 2 peeps is better than 300 !!
Old 07-07-2005, 07:27 AM   #38
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Go to Benihana of Tokyo about 200 bucks
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 12:28 AM   #39
flyinggonzo
1st Gear Newbie

Susur will be well over $300 with tasting menu and wine. I think he (Susur Lee) is one of the most talented chefs I've ever had the pleasure to sample, bar none -- however, I do not think it is worth going to Susur's unless you have already eaten at many of the top restaurants in the city and also wish to expand your palette. For example, someone I know had an awful time at Susur. Why? He only eats steak. He goes to expensive restaurants through expense accounts but only orders steak. Let's just say the tasting menu was a little too funky for him...

I don't go to expensive restaurants as much anymore, but I had a really good time at Splendido's the last time I went, and also like Rain. A meal at Splendido's was also quite a bit more than $300, but we both had the tasting menu and I asked the Sommelier to pair a glass of wine with each course (oops, but it was very good!). Rain should be well-within your budget.

I personally like to see a little creativity when spending around this level. For example, Avalon always gets top billing, but I felt the food was rather ordinary when I went. It was well prepared in the style that he was taught, but the tasting menu didn't expand my culinary horizons (sorry, now I sound like a bad iron chef judge).

(sold) 2004 Z4 3.0 - Toledo Blue/Black - CDV Mod, Streamline Engineering CAI, Dinan Exhaust, Alutec Struc Bars, etc...
(sold) 2002 GTI 1.8T - Black/Black - REVO, TT DP, Milltek Catback, Koni/Eibach, Autotech RSB, Carbonio CAI, etc...
flyinggonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 01:05 AM   #40
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

this is a special occasion for julian most likely...i personally love canoe and regina pizzeria on college st. regina pizzeria is a small place thats family owned and it's reasonably priced...i personally like to just go over to her house make her dinner(i can cook sort of... ) and just spend some real time with her n really just make it seem like it's just you n her n nothing else matters...i haven't had a solid g/f in a while tho so what do i know ..
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #41
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [BimmerBlonde
u guys must be crazy to spend so much money on food, it's just food (in and out) . My idea of a perfect date is grabbing some take out Lick's and going to a park for a nice quiet romantic picnic. I guess it's because I used to lead a very materialistic, high lifestyle and now I'm going back to the basics enjoying the simple things in life.

I don't think it's crazy at all. I'm glad to see that there are others here who appreciate really good food in a restaurant also. Just because you like getting Lick'd on a date doesn't mean we have to like it also.

Splendido has a special menu on till July 16, I'll be going in a few days...

http://www.splendido.ca/toronto_by_table.html

MarkD

Last edited by MarkD; 07-08-2005 at 10:58 AM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:20 AM   #42
koncise
all you need is one mike

Send a message via MSN to koncise
any nice places on yonge near dundas (or within a few blocks) that anyone wants to recommend? not an expensive place, just somewhere with good food
Old 07-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #43
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by koncise
$300 is overkill if you ask me (unless you've got the money to blow)....... $150 at a nice steak place (ie. ruth's chris) and i'm more than happy
It's not overkill. Why would you spend $150 to eat a steak in a restaurant, I can get a fantastic steak and cook it up on my BBQ for a fraction of that, with better wine than you will get with that $150 dinner in a restaurant.

When I eat in a restaurant, I'm willing to pay for food that is just too complicated to prepare at home. A steak is something so simple, I won't pay for that, as that is what I would call "having money to blow", not spending more for something I can't easily make at home.
So, spending $150 on a steak is overkill as you can cook it up at home for much less. I'm getting better value for my money by eating at a restaurant such as Splendido.

MarkD

Last edited by MarkD; 07-08-2005 at 10:37 AM.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #44
bubsy12
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to bubsy12 Send a message via AIM to bubsy12
Some decent restaurants taking part in this years "Summerlicious" event.

http://www.toronto.com/profile/88161...cs_generic_1_0
http://www.toronto.ca/special_events...merlicious.htm

2008 Toyota Rav4 V6 AWD Sport - Daily Driver -

www.SpoolnU.com - ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.

Last edited by bubsy12; 07-08-2005 at 10:38 AM.
bubsy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:31 AM   #45
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
yes!!! 100% agreed. Just out of curiosity i was browsing the websites of some restaurants mentioned, and checking out the menus...the food doesnt sound at all appetizing to me. Maybe that's just a culture/preference thing. Butoverall i'd prefer to spend 300$ and go out 10 or more times to average restaurants (east side mario's, boston pizza, stuff like that) than just one night.

Well my motto is "you are what you eat"

Gamite asked for suggestions on where to go with a $300 budget, not why you think that is crazy and what you would eat for $30...

Keep that in mind when replying.

MarkD

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: