Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #1
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

545 and a bike

So im driving on the way to work late at night when i see a nice new 545i behind me, the paint on this baby is so fresh its got no swirl marks, only a car thats brand new has that specific "look". At the first red light he pulls beside me and im listening to music, i have the windows open because i have no air, and i can hear the music comming out of his car thru the windows. To my suprise he revs his engine, rev rev rev rev, i look over hes laughing and his girlfriend is laughing too but kinda embarassed so her hand is over her face. I laugh, give it a blip and then im like what the hell, WHIIIIRRRR VROOOM T<T<T PHSAAA, the BOV i have makes this rattle snake sound before it goes off when there isnt enough boost or vacume to set it off.

His girlfriend is snapping her fingers and im like haha its on, at the same time some dude behind us in a crappy old bike revs his engine!!! at that point i didnt know anything other then that its a bike and that its a carb`d bike because it doesnt have that nice fuel injected sound like the new ones have.

Now the lights are changing and im only getting into gear so we get off the line and he and i push it and we let off a little, then punch it again, both at the same time so that was ok. I dont think hes got gears, its probably an SMG or auto, but i bascically have to switch to second gear right away and @45kph we are side by side and the bike is whining away just waiting to go beside. As i hit 45kph two things happen, #1 my turbo gets loud and starts to give me a noticable boost it takes about 5-600rpm for it to give me full boost, at this time i didnt really leave the 545 but i already had a car on him, #2 boost hits...

50kph - 97kph in literally 1sec, i lose both of them by at least 4cars, the bike is losing the 545 and im up ahead. I hit 3rd, boost again hits after about 3-400rpm and the torque steer is alittle easy to fight but you need to be alert. I gain a few more cars on the 545 but the bike seems to be gaining nothing on me, maybe a car but they are so far away by now its not even a race anymore. I turn onto the highway and continue on my way.
Old 06-30-2005, 07:26 PM   #2
crusher
OMGHI2U2

Send a message via Skype™ to crusher
man i wish i could afford a turbo hehe sounds fun to fly away when the boost arrives

Sold/Traded-in
2006 M5
2003 M3
2003 Civic Si
2000 M Coupe
1999 M3
1999 323i
crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 02:12 AM   #3
S3 SPORT
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to S3 SPORT
545 and a bike

hey, just wondering what color of 545 did you race?
S3 SPORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:10 AM   #4
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

either black or a very dark blue, the lighting was yellowish so its hard to distinguish between dark colours

i dunno why people complain about the looks of these new cars, IMO they look great!
Old 07-01-2005, 01:28 PM   #5
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Nice run.

What's your best et in the 1/4 with your machine?
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #6
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

well i havent taken it to the track to be honest. I did dyno a few times, and bascially on a very poor tune when i first got this car assembled i made 246whp/225pft. Since then we trimmed down the fuel which promoted some better spoolup a little off the top and some more timing, on top i dynoed @18psi but i run just under 20psi daily... so its not too bad on 94 oct, not to mention race fuel

Id be happy with a few low 13sec passes i think.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 AM   #7
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
ill bet he had SMG by the way u described it, i know that in sport mode on the smg it shifts so fast that it doesn't look like i have gears, and in normal it doesn't look like it but the shift time is way to slow for me. nice run sounds like fun. i also really like the new styling of the 5's although i still love the previous gen styling.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

is the SMG any faster then the auto?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: