Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
JazzM
6th Gear Member

alignment/suspension specs...

I just had my alignment and corner balancing done. Please post your alignment/suspension specs. Here are mine:

Front:

Camber: (Max on adjustable camber plate)
Castor: Max (adjustable camber/castor plate + offset control arm bushing)
Toe: 3/16 toe out

Rear:

Camber: 2.2 deg.
Castor: n/a
Toe: 1/16 toe in

Corner balancing with 200lbs driver

Suspension:
TC Kline True Match Single Adjustable suspension
500/500 lbs springs (F/R)
TC Kline Camber plates
e30 M3 forged control arms
offset Mtech control arm bushing
H&R Sway bar (28mm) with urithane bushing
stock rear sway bar
Ireland Engineering Subframe urithane bushing
Rear trainling arm eccentric bushings (for adjustable camber/toe)

T.
Old 06-19-2005, 02:43 AM   #2
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
Where did you have it corner balanced, there are not to many places that do it. I had mine done at Mantis Racing.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
-2.1コ camber front
-2.2コ camber rear
6コ caster
0 toe front
1/16" toe rear

400lbs/in front
430lbs/in rear

Suspension:
Bilstein PSS coilovers (no helper spring)
Eibach Swaybars w/ urethane bushings (soft front stiff rear)
K-Mac urethane front camber plates
BMW Motorsport strut mount reinforcements
M control arms (96+)
Powerflex urethane control arm bushings (offset, set wide)
M3 rear trailing arm bushings (96+) w/ Ground Control Shims
Ground Control urethane rear shock mounts
BMW X-brace
Racing Dynamics front strut brace

upcoming:
Powerflex subframe mounts
2 adjustable swaybar links (one for the front, one for the rear)
2 solid swaybar links (not rubber or urethane)
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It痴 habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I知 Nelson, and I知 a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #4
app
5th Gear Member

thinair, is that setup more for the track, or it's great for every day driving too?
Old 06-19-2005, 04:33 PM   #5
thinair
moderationistismingly

This car is my daily driver. If it was a track car I'd have like -3コ camber all around, toe out up front, like 600lbs/in springs, and solid bushings (as opposed to urethane).

It's honestly not that bad of a ride on the street, but I might make it a bit stiffer. My goal has been to get the car to handle fairly neutral (not understeering like it was stock).
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. It痴 habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, I知 Nelson, and I知 a drivaholic."
Old 06-19-2005, 07:51 PM   #6
app
5th Gear Member

still using the springs that originally came with the pss setup?

I've debated stiffer myself. Didn't know how easy it would be to swap out or where to get "custom" springs.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:30 PM   #7
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by app
still using the springs that originally came with the pss setup?

I've debated stiffer myself. Didn't know how easy it would be to swap out or where to get "custom" springs.
Yep, original PSS springs, for me to get stiffer springs I'd need to get the shocks revalved, so I'm planning on just selling off the PSS's and getting a set of Ground Control/Koni track/school coilovers, about 550lbs/in front, 650lbs/in rear. But who knows when that will happen. With R-comps I'm actually fairly happy with the handling of my car now at the auto-x's, so I don't have the motivation to blow a bunch of money for the time being on another suspension setup.
Old 06-19-2005, 09:09 PM   #8
app
5th Gear Member

Fair enough. And it looks like (by your mod list) that everything else is nicely tightened up too.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:20 AM   #9
JazzM
6th Gear Member

that's the key... eliminate as much of the play in various components so that they do their jub properly.

T.
Old 06-20-2005, 09:42 AM   #10
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Im running GC coils and sways. 450 spring front and 500 rear, good streat and track combo. I have to find my alignment specs though, I had it corner balanced aswell. you guys don't find that you get to much inside wear running -2. I found that I was so for everyday I back it down to -1.5. Its easy enough to change with the GC camber plates.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
Old 06-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #11
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Yes, but if you change your camber up front you're also changing your toe. Less camber equals less toe out (or more toe in).

I got mine corner balanced and alignement done at Mantis Racing as well..

T.
Old 06-20-2005, 12:42 PM   #12
STALKER
6th Gear Member

If you dont mind me asking, how much did they charge you for the alingment/corner balancing?

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
Old 06-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #13
thinair
moderationistismingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by STALKER
you guys don't find that you get to much inside wear running -2. I found that I was so for everyday I back it down to -1.5. Its easy enough to change with the GC camber plates.
I have no issues with inner tire wear, that is why I run 0コ toe up front, it's the toe that wears out your tire, not the camber......within reason anyway. I'm sure if you ran like -5 to 6コ camber you'd wear out the insides no matter what.
Old 06-20-2005, 01:30 PM   #14
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Well, its more of a combo of the 2, if you ran --3 camber and 0 toe, you would wear out the inside.
Maybe I pump mine up to -2 daily then. I didnt adjust it to more than -1.5 last time I was at the track last month, and the udnersteer was not to bad at all, mind you that could also be from my sway bar package aswell.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
Old 06-20-2005, 01:33 PM   #15
TiredTI
1st Gear Newbie

I, like you, believe that reasonable front camber changes can be achieved without excessive tire wear, provided that an appropriate toe-in adjustment is made at the same time.

Any idea if there is a rule of thumb for the relationship between front negative camber and front toe-in? Something like: 妬ncrease negative camber by one degree (say -2ー to -3ー) and then reduce toe-in by 1/8 inch (say from -1/8 in. to zero) These numbers are for illustration purposes only.

I am currently running:

Front camber -2.4ー per side
Front toe-in 0 (zero)

S.
TiredTI is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: