Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-16-2005, 01:55 PM   #61
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

Theyres a ghost in your bed right now sleeping in it
when u go to your bed tonight it will sat BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:28 PM   #62
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
I know i'm impressionable. I get spooked very easily. But i'm not senile and am able to remember things I did, items I placed here or there. One time in the new house, we went out and came home to find the light in the garage on. No one had even been in the garage or laundry room (where the switch is) for a couple of days. We didnt even want to go in the house, we thought someone maybe was in there or had broken in. Finally called my boyfriend to come take a look, we checked out the house and it was empty of course. But the light was on, the switch had been flicked on. The only people in the house at the time were my sister and I, and we hadnt done laundry or gone to the garage for anything.

Maybe memory fails sometimes and your mind can play tricks on you. But when there is absolutely no doubt in your mind that you did/did not do something, there just might be another explanation...
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #63
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Lamb
The answer to that is no and no.
What about dowzing? The ability to be able to detect water underground with a pice of wood/metal shaped like a wishbone.

Me and my uncle are the only people in my entire family with this ability. How is it explained? I have no clue. Maybe when our bodies were in development some chemical imbalence caused us to be able to have this ability. Just like people who have the ability to see or communicate with ghosts.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 05:35 PM   #64
Raging Lamb
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
Maybe memory fails sometimes and your mind can play tricks on you. But when there is absolutely no doubt in your mind that you did/did not do something, there just might be another explanation...
People have gone to jail for over 20 years because someone had absolutely no doubt in their mind that they had witnessed them commit murder. And what happened after 20 years? DNA evidence set them free, proving it could not have possibly been them.

Memory is extremely flexible, and more importantly it's reconstructive. Psychologists Elizabeth and Geoffrey Loftus have done a lot of research (since the 80s) to confirm this. <-- if you're interested in how fallible memory is I highly suggest you look up their work.

And if you ever study Psychological tactics used by Police during interogations; they take a suspect and assign guilt. By exerting high psychological pressure over a prolonged period, they can convince (some but not all) individuals that they are in fact guilty of what they are being accused. And by doing this, they change the persons memory of what took place. In the case of the mentally fragile, even after they're proven innocnet, they still believe that they were in fact guilty and often commit suicide.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #65
Raging Lamb
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq
What about dowzing? The ability to be able to detect water underground with a pice of wood/metal shaped like a wishbone.

Me and my uncle are the only people in my entire family with this ability. How is it explained? I have no clue. Maybe when our bodies were in development some chemical imbalence caused us to be able to have this ability. Just like people who have the ability to see or communicate with ghosts.
I don't know how you and your uncle do that. But I don't see what it has to do with the existence of 'ghosts'.

You're assuming that you and your uncles abilities are infact 'abilities' <--Sure I'll give you that.

You're assuming that these abilities are caused by chemical imbalances during development. <-- that's a mere guess at best

You're assuming that maybe people who say they communicate with spirits have had the same supposed developmental 'imbalance' <-- a far fetched maybe based on a guess

Because you and your uncle can detect water, then those people must really be able to detect ghost <-- ?

Therefore ghosts exist <-- ?

I'm sorry, I'm not convinced.
Old 06-16-2005, 06:00 PM   #66
coolhand
Banned

I'm not saying that they exist, I'm just illustrating how it is possible for humans to communicate with them.

If you once told somone you could fly they would think your nuts.

If you once told somone you could communicate with other dimensions they would think your nuts.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: