Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-15-2005, 04:33 PM   #16
coolhand
Banned

Your an ignorrant moron that refuses to be open minded. You don't know if ghosts exist or not neither do I we have no proof either way but I'm not calling you crazy cos you don't belive I'm just calling you an ignorant moron.

Someone ban this ****er.
coolhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #17
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by RO-bemve
theres no ****in ghosts...u dont see them unless u believe in them and even then they're in ur mind.
Prove it.

Exactly, to you, there are no ghosts, because you believe there are no ghosts, and even then, it's only in your mind.

Your belief that reality is defined by perception swings both ways. Meaning, it has no foundation. Try a more convincing argument please, and thank you.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:39 PM   #18
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekniq
Your an ignorrant moron that refuses to be open minded. You don't know if ghosts exist or not neither do I we have no proof either way but I'm not calling you crazy cos you don't belive I'm just calling you an ignorant moron.

Someone ban this ****er.
first, according to u: not being open minded = ignorant moron. second, ghosts cannot exists (check the laws of nature or open ur physics book if u even have one) and third, kill yourself (u can haunt me after if u want)
RO-bemve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #19
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin e36
Prove it.

Exactly, to you, there are no ghosts, because you believe there are no ghosts, and even then, it's only in your mind.

Your belief that reality is defined by perception swings both ways. Meaning, it has no foundation. Try a more convincing argument please, and thank you.
Reality is defined by what is possible according to the laws of nature, THATS what i believe. Prove to me that they CAN exist.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:41 PM   #20
Christina
MaX Groupie. <3

Quote:
Prove it.

sooo smart.
Christina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:42 PM   #21
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
first, according to u: not being open minded = ignorant moron. second, ghosts cannot exists (check the laws of nature or open ur physics book if u even have one) and third, kill yourself (u can haunt me after if u want)
You = Ignorrant moron.

Perception != reality.
Old 06-15-2005, 04:43 PM   #22
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
You = Ignorrant moron.
ur cool!

Quote:
Perception != reality.
come up with your own arguments, oh wait...u dont have any left so you just use other ppl's
Old 06-15-2005, 04:44 PM   #23
punnzzells
Banned

Send a message via MSN to punnzzells Send a message via Yahoo to punnzzells
E36 CHICK...

maybe you are like the kid in the movie the 6th sense? maybe these ghosts want to be your friend to get you to help them?

does anyone watch that show on LIFETIEM... Most Haunted.. that's cool!

mike.
punnzzells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:56 PM   #24
coolhand
Banned

RO-bemve:

What we know about physics and sience and just existence in general is very minimal compared to what is out there. Do you honestly think that those books explain everything and are 100% correct? These books are written by man and are bound to be wrong in one way or another. I'm not saying they are but your saying that they are not.

Think about this, 100 years ago if you were to go up to somone and tell them you can walk into a room and with the flick of your finger you can have light in the room, they would think you are crazy and that your full of shit.

I'm not trying to convince you that ghost exist. With more knowledge in the future we may discover the explentation for ghosts, weather it be somthing in our head that makes us belive or another dimention.

I belive that that is percicely what ghosts are, they are just regular people at their own time in space. The reason for our communication with them might be some kind of magnetic or otherwise feild that allows our dimention to communicate with theirs.

There are currently 9 dimentions that physics can identify. I only understand 4 of them. There might be millions of them, we don't know how many there are or how they work.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:18 PM   #25
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Reality is defined by what is possible according to the laws of nature, THATS what i believe. Prove to me that they CAN exist.
Yes sir... you ask, and I will provide.

We have scientific proof governed by the laws of nature that there are multiple dimensions (also known as astroplanes) which we can not physically interact with. Quantum physics and particle theory have both proven this on multiple occasions, although quantum theory is still in the air as there is no definiate way to prove the theory right, or wrong. The equations add up though. And quantum physics is already in mainstream use (i.e. x-rays, and quantum computers developed by Intel.) Ask the creators of these things how they work, and you run into a problem... they can't exactly explain it. Because a lot of what goes on, does not happen where we can monitor it.

Based on this knowledge of quantum physics and with an in depth understanding of how nature interacts on a subatomic level, we can safely predict that there is much interaction going on all around us that we can not see. This means, a human being on a parralel dimension can be right beside us, and we wouldn't know it. Fundamentally we share the same multiverse. We also know there are little holes that can sometimes allow interaction throughout the multiverse. For example, light photons can travel through the multiverse as proven in multiple experiements first theorized by Niels Bohr. We understand that there can be a subatomic wormholes (known as quantum foam) that can allow interaction between the multiverse as well. (this understanding has been exploited in science fiction for the past century, including, more recently, the TV series Quantum Leap, Sliders, and the movie/novel Timeline... but don't be confused, these fictional devices have a purely scientific foundation.)

From this, we can say that the potential for ghosts or other unexplained phenomenon can exist. If you haven't figured it out yet, this is your proof. What were you saying again?

If you are unable to understand this, then perhaps I should try a more humane approach at explaining this to you. More than half of the people in the world, regardless of religion, scienfic knowledge, race, or culture, have reported experiences with ghosts and the like. This is not a new phenomenon, as it has been happening since the beginning of recorded history. How can you explain this? Look at the responses on this forum, and it looks like the vast minority are non-believers. If you're one of the few who believe otherwise, you may have to stop for a second and double-think that perhaps your beliefs aren't as founded as you once thought.

To reiterate on a low level, the potential for ghosts to exist in ACCORDANCE TO THE LAWS OF NATURE (as you requested) exists. However, the proof that ghosts themselves exist, can not be proven... but the facts based on human experiences, suggests that they do. A prime example of these experiences are listed above, by e36chick.

I hope you can figure that out, I'm typing this quicky as I have to split from the office now, if you have difficulty understanding any of those, your friend google shall keep you on track.

If you still feel otherwise, feel free to state your opinions... just please, try to be mature about it.

Justin

Last edited by Justin e36; 06-15-2005 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:22 PM   #26
Justin e36
---

Quote:
RO-bemve:

What we know about physics and sience and just existence in general is very minimal compared to what is out there. Do you honestly think that those books explain everything and are 100% correct? These books are written by man and are bound to be wrong in one way or another. I'm not saying they are but your saying that they are not.

Think about this, 100 years ago if you were to go up to somone and tell them you can walk into a room and with the flick of your finger you can have light in the room, they would think you are crazy and that your full of shit.

I'm not trying to convince you that ghost exist. With more knowledge in the future we may discover the explentation for ghosts, weather it be somthing in our head that makes us belive or another dimention.

I belive that that is percicely what ghosts are, they are just regular people at their own time in space. The reason for our communication with them might be some kind of magnetic or otherwise feild that allows our dimention to communicate with theirs.

There are currently 9 dimentions that physics can identify. I only understand 4 of them. There might be millions of them, we don't know how many there are or how they work.
well said.. looks like we're on the same page here.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:24 PM   #27
coolhand
Banned

Quote:
well said.. looks like we're on the same page here.
Thanks but I'm not as smart as you.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:15 PM   #28
RO-bemve
2nd Gear Member

Ghost: the spirit of a dead person, sometimes represented as a pale, almost transparent image of that person, which some people believe appears to people who are alive. ( http://dictionary.cambridge.org/defi...2780&dict=CALD )

Now, please explain to me again how the laws of nature make clear the fact that human beings have spirits (or souls) for one and that we later see them as ghosts after they are dead?

And sure the laws of nature are very complicated as you just proved....and maybe not complete yet, but the quantum physics and particle theory is still just a theory just like any other one, it’s not a law. But wasn’t the law of gravity once a theory? Yes, but it was proven right and couldn’t be proven wrong unlike this theory which like you said “there is no definiate way to prove the theory right, or wrong”. Well why not?

“Physical laws are distinguished from scientific theories by their simplicity. Scientific theories have many of the same properties as laws, but are generally more complex than laws; they have many component parts, and are more likely to change as the body of available experimental data and analysis develops. “ – Wikipedia
( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_of_nature )

So theories are NOT part of the laws of nature. Sure there MIGHT be stuff around us that we can’t explain quite yet but I don’t like assuming things….

And as for the belief…pffft…come on…if half the world sees dragons does it make them real? 1000 years ago if someone told me they saw a stick that makes light without fire (flashlight), I would say I don’t believe them because its existence can’t be proven (at the time). Therefore if it can’t be proven, it doesn’t exist! If you think otherwise….then I own 3 million Ferraris FXX, care to prove me wrong?

Quote:

In other words, there is no proof that ghosts themselves exist
Old 06-15-2005, 06:36 PM   #29
coolhand
Banned

There is no proof that they don't exist.
Old 06-15-2005, 06:38 PM   #30
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

enough talk....we need a haunted meet where we check out a haunted site or something.

lets set something up guys...summer be comin
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: