Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-13-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

95 Supercharged M3 vs Yamaha R1

Before any one tells me that this is BS. Please keep in mind anything is possible on the street.

I had to change the oil on the 540i and only having 4 ltrs of Mobil 1 oil on hand. Quick trip to Canadian Tire was warranted. Walking into my garage a decision had to be made, 540i or the M3. Since I had to change the oil on the 540i, M3 it is.
Leaving Canadian Tire with 16Ltrs of Mobil1 oil in the trunk dreading the thought going under the car and changing the oil. However this must be done.
Coming to a intersection and hoping to make it through before the light turns red. I donít like to sit too long with engine at idle at a light with outside temperatures over 32c.
Waiting for the light to turn green Iím watching the oil temperature needle climbing.
Glancing to my right I notice a blue motorcycle with a female passenger approaching the intersection. The bike runs the red light and who can blame him I would not want to be sitting at a intersection with all of that heat coming from the engine. After a few more intersections Iím sitting right behind the R1 admiring the rear of the bike and my eyes are focused more on the rear of the passenger.
We both turn right and are heading in the same direction. Switching into the right lane I pull up besides the R1, the driver glances at me. Being a motorcycle rider myself I glance back at him and nod my head, he replies. We come to the first of many stop signs. Looking to my left and right with no traffic I proceeded through the intersection with the R1 by my side. Holding the M3 in 1st gear a lot longer then I should and shifting into 2nd, letting the bike pilot know that there is some serious stuff lurking under the hood. He glances over at the hood wondering what the F*** is under his hood. The noises coming from underneath sounds like a Hoover on steroids, with a loud whining sound that of a jet fighter. Followed by an overwhelming ďTornadoĒ sound coming from the rear. He stops shifting his bike and holds her steady in 2nd. With a slight blip of the throttle the bike lurches forward.
Now Iím thinking to myself, being a motorcycle rider, the R1 is a very potent machine and is very wheelie prone in 1st, 2nd and sometimes in 3rd gear. My M3 is a very capable machine however itís no match for the R1. Approaching the last stop sign before the 400í entrance on the highway I thought if he is going straight why not.
To my delight he lined up beside me and his engine is revving higher then usual. Both he and the passenger are leaning forward. Exchanging glances we both nod and are anxiously waiting for the last vehicle to pass the intersection.
Glancing at my gauges all the needles are pointing in the right direction, click on my computer, everything reads fine. Both leaving the line at a slow roll, he is probably waiting for me to lead. Without hesitation Iím on WOT, the supercharger ramming air into the air hungry engine. I hear the R1 come to life, glancing into my right side view mirror I can see that the R1ís front wheel is of the ground. 5000 Rpm comes quickly I shift into 2nd the bike is now 1 car length back. 4000,4500,5000,5500,6000,6500,7000 shift into 3rd the bike is a good 2 or 3 car lengths back and not gaining any ground. Approaching to the entrance on the highway I glance in my rear view mirror with the bike still way back activating my flashers letting him know that Iím slowing down. Merging on to the highway the bike pulls up besides me honks his horn and proceeds to go on his merry way.

Now I know itís hard to believe that I beat an R1, however the race was in my favor.
How? You may ask.
1) Extra weight for the bike.
2) This is the most important one. The R1 is very prone to wheelies and with more weight over the rear wheel by the passenger this has multiplied the condition. The rider could not use more then 40% of his throttle in 1st and 50 % of his 2nd gear. 3rd gear he might have been able to use about 75% of his throttle. If we got into 4th and with WOT he would have passed.

I usually hate traffic on the QEW especially on Sundays. This time I was delighted to see lot's of traffic.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #2
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

maybe the guy didnt wanna book it too much cuz his girl would spank him for it later, he was prob jus doing it for shits and giggles

i dont know if anyone would start racing a modded m3 with their girl in the back

nice story btw
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #3
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeRb
maybe the guy didnt wanna book it too much cuz his girl would spank him for it later, he was prob jus doing it for shits and giggles

i dont know if anyone would start racing a modded m3 with their girl in the back

nice story btw
I'd race any car with my wife on the back. But that's just me.

Nice car btw
Old 06-13-2005, 05:23 PM   #4
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

who knows...
maybe the guy isnt as comfortable on the bike as you...

well if you were on a bike like that, u think u could take your m3 with a passanger in the back?
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:04 PM   #5
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeRb
who knows...
maybe the guy isnt as comfortable on the bike as you...

well if you were on a bike like that, u think u could take your m3 with a passanger in the back?
Nope.
Not the first 2 gears anyways. 3rd gear or once on a highway over 120Kmh I'd have a better chance. 4th gear there would be no more M3.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:12 PM   #6
erikIS
bigcock

wow..Unless you are making upwards to 750+HP this post is complete and utter BULLSHIT. .. he obviously wasn't even trying.. are you serious about even CONSIDERING beating an R1?? You are on crack... byt the time you even shift from 2nd to 3rd @ 7500-8000? whatever RPM it may be.. he'd still be in 2nd pulling STRONGER and STRONGER all the way up to 16 GRAND... How much HP are you runnin in that M3?

I have a IS300 putting close to 400 @ the wheels and my friends stock Yamaha R6 (frmo a roll @ 50km/h) rapes me like no tommorow... let alone from a STOP... those bikes with a good rider run low 10s... PLUS the fact the R1s faster!

ps - he also took my friends z06 Corvette..

from a stop - he was abuo 3 buslengths again (traction)
from a roll - he was WAY ahead (couldnt tell how much..) and he shut down @ 240km/h..

mind you this is an R6.....R1 is a DIFFERENT MONSTER~!

Last edited by erikIS; 06-13-2005 at 08:27 PM.
erikIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #7
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikIS
wow..Unless you are making upwards to 750+HP this post is complete and utter BULLSHIT. .. he obviously wasn't even trying.. are you serious about even CONSIDERING beating an R1?? You are on crack... byt the time you even shift from 2nd to 3rd @ 7500-8000? whatever RPM it may be.. he'd still be in 2nd pulling STRONGER and STRONGER all the way up to 16 GRAND... How much HP are you runnin in that M3?

I have a IS300 putting close to 400 @ the wheels and my friends stock Yamaha R6 (frmo a roll @ 50km/h) rapes me like no tommorow... let alone from a STOP... those bikes with a good rider run low 10s... PLUS the fact the R1s faster!

ps - he also took my friends z06 Corvette..

from a stop - he was abuo 3 buslengths again (traction)
from a roll - he was WAY ahead (couldnt tell how much..) and he shut down @ 240km/h..

mind you this is an R6.....R1 is a DIFFERENT MONSTER~!
Chill bud.
If you would look at my Avitar you might ask ďI wonder if thatís Darkness95M3?Ē The answer to your question would be ďYESĒ. If you look closely at the bike you will notice that it is a race bike, used for racing only. Thatís 1 of 7 motorcycles that I own. Taking that into consideration, when it comes to motorcycles I know a lot. Thatís why I decided to give him a go.
Read the entire post carefully.

1)Yes he was racing.
2)The extra weight he would loose close to over a second in the ľ mile.
3)The additional weight over the rear wheel would make him very prone to wheelies, therefore he canít use full power of his bike until at least 3rd gear, by then Iím ahead by 5 or 6 car lengths. Once we got close to the highway I slowed down, too much traffic. If we kept on going Iím sure he would have flown right by me.
4)I donít know where you get your information from, however the R1 does not redline @ 16,000Rpm but @ 13,750Rpm.
5) Last year my car had close to 600Hp. I'm hoping to get on the dyno this year to see what it produces.

Now back to the facts since you know about motorcycles and all of the facts are you really sure your car produces 400RWHP?

Last edited by Darkness95m3; 06-13-2005 at 09:18 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:31 PM   #8
6speedMaxSE
4th Gear Member

erikIS, you may want to read that story again.

1st off, I don't think darkness was trying to prove anything. He simply is telling a "need for speed" story. 2nd, Darkness covered all angles in this story. He gave the different weight issues, the proneness to wheelies, possible percentage of throttle given and that it was a "street" race. Lastly, he stated that if he was on an R1, he would take an M3.

If I beat an M3 in my Maxima, I would tell it like he did. I would be puzzled and give the other driver their due excuses...but the bottom line is I WON ON THIS DAY!
6speedMaxSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
eh?
Slow Member

I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder how much hp a supercharged E36 M3 makes?"
Now I know.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 06:40 AM   #10
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh?
I was just thinking to myself, "I wonder how much hp a supercharged E36 M3 makes?"
Now I know.
My car has more work done to the motor other then the supercharger.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:25 AM   #11
eh?
Slow Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
My car has more work done to the motor other then the supercharger.
I gathered as much. I'd guess that the average supercharged E36 M3 has 100 HP or so over stock.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:44 PM   #12
skillton
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to skillton
I Call Bs
Old 06-15-2005, 08:34 AM   #13
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillton
I Call Bs
You can't call BS without a reason.
Old 06-15-2005, 03:09 PM   #14
Zlatko
Pravi Jugosloven

Specs on the m3 please.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:12 PM   #15
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
^^

the blue M3 with BBS LM if I'm not mistaken.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: