Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-17-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
JazzM
6th Gear Member

BigD (M5) vs TOMSBABY (S54 Z3)

Yesterday, just east of hurontario on britania

Very nice M5, (e34 version with 310hp stock). Running start with cars equally lined up. I was in 3rd gear at about 40 km/h. Didn't downshift to second just to see how the torque mesured up to that of the M5's 3.6L (3.8L if it were the euro version - 340hp). As soon as I hit about 4000 rpm, I quickly started to pull on him, at about 7000 rpm I was 2 carlengths ahead. He missed the next lights on hurontario, I waited for him and then we talked for a bit. Asked me about the exhaust (eisenmann) and if I was running boost (NA S54). It was a fun sprint with a fellow BMW enthusiast.

T.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:44 AM   #2
ChahalzBMR
6th Gear Member

Nice race. I have heard your car and damn does it sound sweet!!
ChahalzBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 09:55 AM   #3
JazzM
6th Gear Member

thanks, just had my alignment/corner balancing done... drives like a completely different car.

T.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
thanks, just had my alignment/corner balancing done... drives like a completely different car.

T.
Where did you get it corner balanced?? How much is it? Were you in the car when they did it?

I've been wanting to do that for a while.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:21 AM   #5
BigD
the misanthropist

Well not 2 car lenghts. Your rear bumper got ahead of my front, then there was a car infront of me so I changed lanes behind you and I didn't lose you after that. But if you started in 2nd it would have been a lesser match I'm sure. Oh and I know I said it at the time but I gotta repeat, man you car is loud as hell. It takes balls to drive a car like that in Sauga, cops here live for that, just ask Randy about his exhaust stories.
BigD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Hey man I went to UW as well... nice ride. did you do anything to it or is it stock?

That was a fun run. We'll do it again sometime

T.

Last edited by JazzM; 06-17-2005 at 10:27 AM.
JazzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:26 AM   #7
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Where did you get it corner balanced?? How much is it? Were you in the car when they did it?

I've been wanting to do that for a while.
Its a place in oakville... they do primarly Porshe cars but also BMW, Audi, etc... It's called Mantis racing - http://www.mantisracing.com - (905) 844-6219

Talk to Ernie, he's the owner, tell him that Tom with the z3 sent you...

T.

Last edited by JazzM; 06-17-2005 at 10:28 AM.
JazzM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 10:55 AM   #8
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzM
Hey man I went to UW as well... nice ride. did you do anything to it or is it stock?

That was a fun run. We'll do it again sometime

T.
LOL don't you remember me dude? I referred my ex to you for a job, I visited your place a few times.

My engine's been rebuilt with a little funk added. It's been bored out from 93.4 to 95mm with forged pistons, a few other things like an 8lb flywheel. It pulls damn good for an M5.

I'm not much for drag racing though, I even shortshifted at 7 with you when my power peak is closer to 7500. I'll abuse it on the track a little but after all that $ I don't want something going wrong during some silly street race, I'd eat a bullet. But thanks, it was fun. I haven't opened her up in a while, it was nice to feel all the ponies stretch their legs.

Dmitry
Old 06-17-2005, 11:17 AM   #9
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Yes, now I remember... didn't recognize you on the road haha. my bad.

That engine sounds nice. MarkD has the same M5 as you. but doesn't pull as hard as yours. Do you have a chip on it? if not, talk with Mark.

I also know a guy who put the same motor in an E30 M3.

r u going to Mt. Treblent next month? I'm planning on going up there. Should be interesting.

T.
Old 06-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #10
BigD
the misanthropist

NP man, I'm about 60 lbs lighter than when you last saw me so I look a bit different. I heard you pull out of your office (I was taking the shortcut, was turning left onto... crap... Tomken is it? Well where your office is. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have recognized you either with the beard.

Yeah I've got Mark's M5 chip in it but it needs a proper fuel map since displacement is larger, the rotating mass is lighter so it can spin up faster. The guys who sold me the racing components said with the mods I have they see bet. 370-390 hp when the engine is tuned properly.

I really want to go but it doesn't look like $ will allow it. I need new tires, brakes and some other junk, plus there's the cost of the school. I just came back from 2 months in Europe and banks want money that I didn't pay them while I was gone... ****ers LOL. But if there's any chance in hell for me to make it I'll be there. I loved it last time, not just the track but living in that little city. It's like your own private little car heaven.

D.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #11
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD
Yeah I've got Mark's M5 chip in it but it needs a proper fuel map since displacement is larger, the rotating mass is lighter so it can spin up faster. The guys who sold me the racing components said with the mods I have they see bet. 370-390 hp when the engine is tuned properly.

D.

I can measure the ponies and air/fuel ratio now with my friend's dyno.
I can also tune the chip for a 3.8l motor. I'll be at the dyno on Saturday afternoon, but already have 3 or 4 BMW's coming.

MarkD
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 04:16 PM   #12
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD
I can measure the ponies and air/fuel ratio now with my friend's dyno.
I can also tune the chip for a 3.8l motor. I'll be at the dyno on Saturday afternoon, but already have 3 or 4 BMW's coming.

MarkD
As soon as I get even with the banks and get new tires I'll be comin your way Mark. I'm moving to Vancouver late August and I want to get it done by then.
Old 06-17-2005, 04:59 PM   #13
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Mark, let me know when/where I'd be able to dyno my car. I'd like to get the AF readings as well to check the tunning of the software and get a baseline dyno established.

T.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: