Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-17-2002, 12:58 AM   #16
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

[quote]Originally posted by E46_lover
[b]

well now anything along those lines...ppl even say jeremy and randy's car are riced up bmw's!

WTF!!! Who would say Randys car IS RICED UP!!! Thats one of the cleanest looking BMW's arround!!! Everything on that car matches and flows well....I dont think I have seen a most striking yet conservative E30 anywhere....
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 07:41 AM   #17
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I heard the same comments aswell Filip (doesn't bother me).... I think it's the aggressive front bumper that really does it. Most BMW's stereotypically have a more business oriented color combo too (lots of silvers, dark blues, black, dark reds) so when people see one that has a brighter "in your face" color, they think RICE.... and the white wheels don't help either.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 08:37 AM   #18
Gamite

Hrm, The car looks much cleaner w/o it, but it looks much more agressive with it. I think the C/F suits the car, I would leave it.

Also I've seen the painted carbon fiber, maybe you can do that? tint it orange?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 08:52 AM   #19
jeremy
6th Gear Member

i like,well actualy LOVE the carbon fiber look as well as its function. although on the other hand i understand what everyone is saying regarding the color contrast. as far as it not fitting into the bmw persona (which is probaly so far off to begin with), screw that...i dont follow trends i set them...ha ha... ....i'll leave it at this, if someone is interested and gives me a good enough offer i will sell it (i could use the money for the sparco seats) if not i'll keep it..i dont think it looks that bad considering that my car is all red and black....i think i like it better, but cant decide... what to do, what to do
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 10:23 AM   #20
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy
i like,well actualy LOVE the carbon fiber look as well as its function. although on the other hand i understand what everyone is saying regarding the color contrast. as far as it not fitting into the bmw persona (which is probaly so far off to begin with), screw that...i dont follow trends i set them...ha ha... ....i'll leave it at this, if someone is interested and gives me a good enough offer i will sell it (i could use the money for the sparco seats) if not i'll keep it..i dont think it looks that bad considering that my car is all red and black....i think i like it better, but cant decide... what to do, what to do
Sounds good to me.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 02:16 PM   #21
gsbadbmr
4th Gear Member

Re: cf Hood

No offense Jeremy, but that "Hood" completely ruins the look of your car. It looks MUCH, MUCH better with the original hood On.

***Most "average" people who see these cars with different color body panels, think that you had some kind of an accident, bought a used one from a junk yard, and had NO MONEY to paint it the proper color. I find those hoods extremely "tacky" looking.
just my .02$, gsbadbmr

*Your car kicks azz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sep13198drside.jpg (142.3 KB, 68 views)
gsbadbmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 06:01 PM   #22
SickFinga

PAINT IT, or off.

Randy I don't think that carbon fiber hood will look good on the silver car. I think it would look better on your car than on Dave's car.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 09:44 PM   #23
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally posted by SickFinga
PAINT IT, or off.

Randy I don't think that carbon fiber hood will look good on the silver car. I think it would look better on your car than on Dave's car.
too much weed for u...i dont think it wud suite either cars...i think a c/f hood will look amazing on saj328's car since he already has black and silver theme on the car! but his isnt an e30...i think it looks sick on jeremy..but like me and gamite posted, that tinted c/f hood looks SICK

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:00 PM   #24
SickFinga

I agree it wouldn't look good on Randy's car.
I said it would look better on blue than on silver.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:03 PM   #25
RobRob
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to RobRob
I say keep the hood but get wheels that match it. That would look hot.

PBMW Feature
RobRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 12:57 AM   #26
Mryde
1st Gear Newbie

keep it and have it respray w/ clear lacquer same color as your car
I think if keep it black the offset is too much for your car color

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: