Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-24-2005, 06:14 PM   #1
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

E90

First to post What do you guys like/dislike about the E90?

"powered by passion and the equivalent of 900 horses"
Waterwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 06:18 PM   #2
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

read Randy's review
Old 05-24-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

not trying to be rude, but I'm really not interested just wanted to add some content to the post. Also I'm assuming not everyone shares Randy's opinion.

Old 05-24-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
Gianpaolo_E46
6th Gear Member

i went to the even at downsview and i must say that they are amazing and better than the E46. I like the styling and i might be alone on that but who cares. the only thing is that the dash is high compared to the E46 and the cars didnt even have the iDrive. I didn't like how the radio sat lower in the console than the E46's. And of course the lights need to be clear instead of amber. other than these problems the e90 is a step up in every other aspect from the E46.
Gianpaolo_E46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:33 PM   #5
85eta
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 85eta
While I still love the styling of the older BMW's, and think the e9 and e24 still have the most timeless, gorgeous styling of any BMW, the new e90 is much better looking than the new 5 or 7 ( which I still do not like ). I got the chance to drive one, and I was quite impressed with it. Now I am coming from a 327,000km e30 that I love, but it feels dated sometimes. The smoothness, power, and handling is hard to ignore on the new 3. From what I have heard they are more balanced than the e46, and a better drive. I am sure they will outsell the e46 though, just as it outsold the e36 which outsold the e30 which outsold the e21 and so on!

While I am sure I will have a new one in my driveway at somepoint, I will always have a couple old ones cause they don't make em like they used to!

Last edited by 85eta; 05-24-2005 at 07:35 PM.
85eta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:48 PM   #6
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
i like the new e90...i love how aggressive it looks.
the rear needs some clears or something...it looks unfinished or still being refined. but i've seen the car in person and looks great

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 07:58 PM   #7
KaschmirBeige3
Comfortably Numb

Send a message via AIM to KaschmirBeige3
I saw a few E90's on the road here in NYC this past weekend. One was a 325i and the other one was a 330. This car looks soo sharp in person. BMW did an awesome job on the 3's. The car has crisp clean lines and an aggressive stance. Overall a job well done by BMW
Old 05-24-2005, 09:39 PM   #8
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterwings
not trying to be rude, but I'm really not interested just wanted to add some content to the post. Also I'm assuming not everyone shares Randy's opinion.
not trying to be rude, but a lot of people did give their opinion in that thread already.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

You said Randy's review not Randy's and others reviews. Who cares anyway this is the E90 section so lets have it here, and like I said in my second post I just wanted to have some content (didn't know there was reviews out already or i would have made the content something else), not just being the first to post in the section.

btw thanks for mocking me it added that little extra kick to your post

Last edited by Waterwings; 05-24-2005 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

The 330i SP understeers too much with the massive 255's out back (horrible idea). The most fun to drive car in my opinion is the 325i non-SP. 140lbs lighter than the 330i, and the non-staggered setup actually shows what the chassis engineers wanted to accomplish. I had more fun flogging around in an automatic 325i with no options than even the 330i SP 6-speed.

The front is still ugly to me. A Touring may end up in my driveway before long though.

Oh, and the interior, climate controls, and all that other nonsense people care about seem to be there and work fine. As you can probably tell all I care about is how a car drives (and a properly equipped/modified E90 is a GREAT car to drive).

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 11:56 PM   #11
maxx318i
BMW Individual

Send a message via ICQ to maxx318i Send a message via MSN to maxx318i
i saw a few today stopped at a red light and turning. from far away, it looks super nice.
However, up-close and personal the front just doesnt say BMW to me.
The back is nice.
the interior is not what BMW used to be. it's used to be all turned towards the driver, now looks like the japanese trash out there.. the console is the centre, available for everyone's use.
the e36 and e46 is the best of BMW.

apparently, the all new, start-from scratch BMW design work is supposed to be launched in 2006.

SAFETY BY EDUCATION, NOT SPEED ENFORCEMENT
maxx318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2005, 01:43 AM   #12
E36er
West Coast Contact!

I honestly didnt like them from the pics, but ive seen a few in Vancouver too (parked next to one and checked it out) and i like it...i didnt think it was "bmw" but now that i look at it more and more..i like it....i just wana see what the 2 door will look like...
Old 05-25-2005, 10:41 AM   #13
Gamite

Exterior:

I like the new design, they went with a more angled design than the E46 which tends to go back to E36 roots, so in a way, you could say its a mix between E46, E36, and maybe some E60. The headlights definately need clears though, those orange markers on the ends of teh headlights are killin me. Keeping in mind that this is a stock E90, and not an M, I think its one of the nicer design's BMW has put out. The only thing getting to me is the tail lights. Hopefully BMW will introduce a better solution to those, and hopefully the coupe will fix them as well.

Interior:

The interior is following the new designs set by the E65 and E60, and I hate it. I used to love how bmw had a wrapped interior that tilted all the controls towards the driver. After all, its the driver who's important in a "Drivers car" correct? The only BMW to maintain this trait is the 6 series. Doesn't look so bad in black though.

my personal opinion of the car?

I think its going to maintain its status as one of the best sport luxury cars in its class.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 05:48 PM   #14
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I think it looks nice but the front bumper is kinda cheap...

Waterwings did u trade in your 328is?Nah?
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 06:07 PM   #15
Waterwings
6th Gear Member

naw i found a sick set of rims soooo, the car is in my driveway

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: