Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #31
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilOnWheelz
How does BBB have anything to do with it. It is not the regulatory board for employement issues
My neighbour got me the money.

BBB investigated short cuts in the kitchen and stuff. Or so I was told, after I got my money I didn't care so much.

I do know he got fired, because my friend I was trying to get a job got it after I got the boot and kept me up to date. A few kitchen staff talked mad shit about me after I was vexed. When I went to get my last few cheques they were thrown at me (no joke) blah blah blah its over now no more kitchen for me.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 11:43 AM   #32
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

I say sabotage the Coffee! YOu would be amazed at what a lil dish soap in the coffee 'decanter' will do - makes a great froth on the espressos

Failing that.. if you wanna quit try to get laid off. Depending how long you work there you might end up with E.I payments (free money) for several months after. I got jerked around on an office job a couple years back and I was a very happy man during the following months of my E.I sponsored job search.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:48 PM   #33
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy
the boss didn't do anything wrong.. it is a HOLIDAY, he obviously dosen't have school and he will be making time and a half...

if you have a job, sometimes you are going to have to work when you don't want too... that's life... put yourself in the bosses shoes, he probably has 10 employee's who all only want to work certain hours.... i would fire all of you and get a staff that is willing to work when they are needed... a job isn't a right/conveinence for you...it's a privelage..

Um I'm not required to be available 24 hours a day to work for him. I put when I'm available, and he chose to hire me. Then he scheduled me to work outside of my availability hours without even confirming with me. If I was in my bosses shoes then I would try to find someone who SPECIFIED that they can work monday mornings (ie, not me), and then failing that CALL and ask other employees if by any chance they're free since it IS a holiday.

And I know that I will have to work when I don't want to sometimes, and as long as those times are WITHIN my availability hours then it's fine. He can't just schedule my anytime he feels like it.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #34
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

I agree with your boss. It's a holiday, and he knows you don't have school. You're being unreasonable.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:09 PM   #35
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix
Um I'm not required to be available 24 hours a day to work for him. I put when I'm available, and he chose to hire me. Then he scheduled me to work outside of my availability hours without even confirming with me. If I was in my bosses shoes then I would try to find someone who SPECIFIED that they can work monday mornings (ie, not me), and then failing that CALL and ask other employees if by any chance they're free since it IS a holiday.

And I know that I will have to work when I don't want to sometimes, and as long as those times are WITHIN my availability hours then it's fine. He can't just schedule my anytime he feels like it.

The only reason you are not available to work monday morning is because you have school. If you wouldn't have school or lets say would end at 12 for you then you would put down different availability and yeah you are being unreasonable. Would you rather work the monday afternoon shift and now have any plans of after work you can actually go out somewhere and have fun.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:49 PM   #36
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:

i can understand what you are saying... the bottom line is that you just don't want to work and you have no good reason not too.....you don't have school and being a part time employee, you don't have the rights/privelages that the full timers have...so suck it up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzsix
And I know that I will have to work when I don't want to sometimes, and as long as those times are WITHIN my availability hours then it's fine. He can't just schedule my anytime he feels like it
if they're in your "availability hours" why wouldn't you want to work...saying just because isn't an acceptable answer.... by YOUR standars, he could make you work mon-fri "4 pm - midnight" and weekends "6am - midnight" ... so you would have NO problem if he made you work these hours all the time every week...i didn't think so....you want him to be reasonable, but you won't be.... how many times have you had to work a holiday or during the day ??? just suck it up and go to work...or call some of the other employees yourself and see if they will cover you..
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:53 PM   #37
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
He can't just schedule my anytime he feels like it.
like hell he can't....if you have a legitiment reason why you can't work, then he can re-schedule you.....those "hours of availability" sheets you filled out are NOT binding... they are just a guidline..
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 06:59 PM   #38
sirex
King Sirex

yeah I agree with Jeremy.. you really are being unreasonable.. I didn't feel like bashing you in my post, but you keep responding and being a cry baby that doesnt want to work..

Let me see here, you dont want to work on monday. but when you finish school and are on your summer break you will want more hours??? well a cry baby princess wont get more hours.
If anything thats pretty nice of him that he scheduled you for Monday because a) you get more pay that day I beleive, b) MORE HOURS c) others who are not emplyoed would probably really like to work those hours.

Anyway you really are blowing this outa proportion..

if you want to hear what a real bitch is listen to this.
3 days in a row one of my places of employment calls me 2 hours before my shift, tahts right 2 hours before my shift begins to cancel a shift that starts at 5..
You are getting more hours and you a being a little baby.

Now wait till summer when you go to him asking for more hours he will give you less and less.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 PM   #39
GregD
2nd Gear Member

Its a Second Cup job... trust me bro, seems like a big deal now, but wait a few years till you are pulling in 60K+ and in will seem like a joke. Just roll with it, don't ruffle the feathers too much, but make a note to get even one day... thats how its done.
GregD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 07:26 PM   #40
Lennon
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Lennon Send a message via MSN to Lennon
I just canNOT believe what some people complain about. Its not a school day. What I can't believe is that you did not expect this. Get off your ass and get to work. Its a weekend..... your availible to work, whats the problem?

Don't like it? Quit, but guess what, your next job is going to do the EXACT SAME THING!

Unreal........
Old 05-21-2005, 12:00 AM   #41
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
I love how so many people assume so many things that are SO wrong.

Let's see:

sirex: I may or may not want more hours. That's really not important here. But I would not complain if I don't get more hours, it's not really much of a big deal to me.

"You are getting more hours and you a being a little baby."
I dunno about you but for me more hours isn't necessarily desirable.

"how many times have you had to work a holiday or during the day ??" (implying that I don't do so often).

Well let's see. I worked the day before christmas, the day after, and I opened (6 am shift) on January 1st. How's that for making me work EVERY holiday ?

"Would you rather work the monday afternoon shift and now have any plans of after work you can actually go out somewhere and have fun."

Well I don't know if you actually READ the things I post but I indicated that I'm working Sat morning, Sun morning, and Mon morning. And on tuesday I have school. So, I CAN'T go out anywhere at night. And to answer your question, yes, I would rather work the monday afternoon shift because then I would be able to do something on sunday night.

Also, you guys saying "you should be happy you are getting hours" etc, I'm NOT. I'm working at 6-10 am. WOW FOUR HOURS. I'm just pretty much waking up early (thus ruining my weekend) and then going home shortly.

Mystikal + others, even though it's a holiday it was still not indicated ANYWHERE that I would be forced to work if I didn't have school. I don't think you guys get the point that I don't NEED an excuse. This isn't like high school when you need to show a note from your parents to be able to miss class. I put 4 pm on for school reasons yes, but that does NOT matter. If I didn't have school I can still put 4 pm-midnight every time if I just did not want to work before that.

I don't see why it would be such a big deal for him to make a phonecall to ask me if I can work a shift that I'm specified as unavialable for.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 12:20 AM   #42
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Boo ****in-hoo you need to go out with friends the night before
I missed tons of maxbimmer cruizes 2 years ago because I had to work on weekends, but it worked out in the end, and I got more money. Honestly you need to stop being so selfish. I'm sure if you were the boss you'd appreciate if someone didn't give you headaches - because you would be more pissed.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 06:55 AM   #43
sirex
King Sirex

OMG, you are bitching over a 4 hour shift. Dude I work Saturday 8 to 5.
SATURDAY MORNING. That means I need to be up at by at least 6:30. (right now) So that I can get all ready for work.
Do you know what that means? My party night last night was cut short/ruined for me. YOU GOT TO DO WHAT YOU GOT TO DO. You dont hear me bitching to my managers

"Oh i cant come to work -even though you need me and I want to work here - because I need to go out and party and get shit faced Friday night, which means Ill be to tired to work"

IF YOU DONT NEED THE HOURS, THEN QUIT, because I assure you someone else does or is willing to take them without the agrivation...

Listen, if you really really CANNNOT make it, then call you boss and tell him - "look Im sorry but I cannot make it to work Monday morning, I have other business to attend to."
then if he says anything tell him you cant work any hours before 4 through monday to friday and if he thinks its because of school, tell him you have another job or something.

p.s. you can still party Sunday night, wake up go to work, come home and go back to sleep.

Last edited by sirex; 05-21-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #44
sirex
King Sirex

p.s.s I just found out today I dont get payed for my breaks... GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Old 05-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #45
Sleeze
4th Gear Member

oh god..stop complaining and work a real job.. WUSS!
Sleeze is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: