Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-20-2005, 01:06 AM   #16
EricTsang
2nd Gear Member

why fear a boss who's probably making just a buck or two more per hour than you do. it's just a coffee shop job. call in sick then show up the next day with an attitude.
EricTsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:21 AM   #17
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
I totally agree with people with call in sick plan. I mean it's clearly that he had to put someone to work and he treats you like junk by not even informing you.I hate people like that that think they can just screw around for some reason.I have really short temper.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 01:44 AM   #18
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix
Yes but the point is that it wasn't specified that he would treat a holiday as a weekend. And just because he knows I have school doesn't really prove anything, I don't NEED to have a reason for choosing the hours I choose, when I applied if I put only after 4 then I think he should respect that, even if I don't have school. I don't even have to give him the reason for why I choose my hours that way, it's really none of his business I just fill out when I want to work and he can choose to hire me or not. Or at least ****ing check with me before just putting it on and not even mentioning it to me, that's all I ask...

Like what if I have a spare last couple periods and finish at 12, and he somehow finds this out then u guys are saying he can schedule me at 1 pm because I don't have school? No, that's bs, because I put after 4 and the reason doesn't matter.

I shouldn't have to call in because I'm not changing ANYTHING about my availablity hours as I submitted them when I got hired, *HE* should call me to ask me if I can work at that time because it's specified than I am NOT available monday morning. It does not say that there's an exception because of a holiday.

This is not true. I did NOT put after 4 on "weeknights" and anytime on "weekends". I SPECIFICALLY filled out each day of the week, and specifically put after 4 on monday. It did NOT say that any holidays will be treated as a weekend, and I was not aware of it, and he can't take 2 minutes to call me to ask about it.
He's your boss and if you don't like it quit, but he did it only one time and write him a note to not and try do it again he can do what ever the hell he wants and if you don't like quit otherwise suck it up work that 1 day and tell him to never do that again if he keeps on doing it quit, its not the end of the world get over it. The company does not revolve around you if you don't want to work that day I'm sure there are peopel applying for that job everyday and will be more then happy to do it for you. As I asaid aslong as it doesn't interfere with your school it shouldn't be a problem even though some things happened to me that were even more unfair then to you but I didn't go on here and ranted on about that. I specificly asked for 3 days off one day before my birthday and the other after my birthday I wrote the note to my boss well in advance of 2 weeks and when I checked my scheduel I found out that I was working the day before my birthday and the day after and I delt with it even though telling that to my boss and his reaction was I didn't see the note so find the people to take the shifts for you which wasn't a problem.

Don't take my reply as an offence I just can't word out properly whats on my mind and how I want to say it >.< But I seriously don't see whats the problem here of working 1 day on the day when you don't have school and what was the need to rant?

Last edited by Ryousuke; 05-20-2005 at 01:51 AM.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 03:51 AM   #19
e30bim
Banned

just kill him sunday night, then it won't matter if you show up in the morning. or burn yourself on something on sunday really bad and take a few weeks off paid...
e30bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 AM   #20
BlitzSix
6 Speed

Send a message via AIM to BlitzSix Send a message via MSN to BlitzSix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryousuke
He's your boss and if you don't like it quit, but he did it only one time and write him a note to not and try do it again he can do what ever the hell he wants and if you don't like quit otherwise suck it up work that 1 day and tell him to never do that again if he keeps on doing it quit, its not the end of the world get over it. The company does not revolve around you if you don't want to work that day I'm sure there are peopel applying for that job everyday and will be more then happy to do it for you. As I asaid aslong as it doesn't interfere with your school it shouldn't be a problem even though some things happened to me that were even more unfair then to you but I didn't go on here and ranted on about that. I specificly asked for 3 days off one day before my birthday and the other after my birthday I wrote the note to my boss well in advance of 2 weeks and when I checked my scheduel I found out that I was working the day before my birthday and the day after and I delt with it even though telling that to my boss and his reaction was I didn't see the note so find the people to take the shifts for you which wasn't a problem.

Don't take my reply as an offence I just can't word out properly whats on my mind and how I want to say it >.< But I seriously don't see whats the problem here of working 1 day on the day when you don't have school and what was the need to rant?

"but I seriously don't see whats the problem here of working 1 day on the day when you don't have school and what was the need to rant?"

The problem is that I put after 4 on mondays. It was not indicated anywhere that if I don't have school on a certain day that he can put me on whenever he likes. Like are you saying that if I have a day off on say Wednesday and he finds out he can make me work in the morning? No, because the reason for why I put my hours does not matter. The problem is that I believe he should call and ask me in advance if I can work since the timeshift was not during my avialability hours, holiday or not, instead of just changing my availability hours to his needs.

It's kind of like your sig. You don't like when people don't use their blinkers right, because they don't tell you their intentions before changing lanes, turning, etc. Now by YOUR logic that if I don't have school then he should be able to make me work in the morning without asking me and it's perfectly fine, then that implies that unless someone cuts you off it's fine. DOesn't really work like that. I expect him to call to indicate to me beforehand that he needs me to work on a time that I put I'm not available for.

And just because I don't have school doesn't mean I can't have other things to do you know. Maybe I made plans for monday before 4, since it's on my ****ing thing that I signed that says I can only work after 4.

I don't really see why you're being such an ass, I'm not saying it's the end of the world and that the company revolves around me. And yes if I don't like it I know I can get another job and I will. I was just ranting because of what he did, which I think was unfair. If you see "(rant)" in the thread they WHY would you go in it and bitch at me for ranting ?

BTW, I can't call in sick because I'm opening and for the first hour or so I'm the only person there. SO they would get owned.

Also this guy isn't a manager, he actually owns the store.

Last edited by BlitzSix; 05-20-2005 at 08:13 AM.
BlitzSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:18 AM   #21
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTsang
call in sick bro. what can he do fire you? no chance.
I got fired from Montana's for missing 1 shift in 1 year.

I then reported it to the BBB got the GM fired and a buncah money.

I win.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #22
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATALYST
Blitz,
Welcome to the real WORLD. Ppl like ur Boss are more concerned with their profits than with ur sched. If ur boss was a true leader he would have asked u to comprimise. But he didn't.
My advice is to concentrate on school, keep the boss happy and one day u will have enough $$ to fire HIS ass.
the boss didn't do anything wrong.. it is a HOLIDAY, he obviously dosen't have school and he will be making time and a half...

if you have a job, sometimes you are going to have to work when you don't want too... that's life... put yourself in the bosses shoes, he probably has 10 employee's who all only want to work certain hours.... i would fire all of you and get a staff that is willing to work when they are needed... a job isn't a right/conveinence for you...it's a privelage..
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:35 AM   #23
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer

I win.

that is jokes
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 08:43 AM   #24
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
It really was. I was a good employee, there from when it oepned trained mad people covered shifts all the time, worked my birthday etc etc, up for promotion (dish dawg/prep cook to just prep cook).

Booked the day off and the following week (leaving for montreal) told them repeadtly, looked for people to cover no one would so I did what most people on this board suggested and called in sick. Came back from my trip and got because of your actions there is no longer a position for you hear. I'm like what?

I know a top exec at the kelseys co (got me the job) so he helped he did not like the GM backed up my case (he had other compliants already) to the BBB I got like a month and a half pay for nothing.

Dude, work the shift, make the extra money and make it crystal clear to him that you can not work any mondays that are not holidays. In the mean time it's summer places are hiring find somewhere that suits you better.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:05 AM   #25
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
If you don't want that to happen then get a full time job, but in your case you need mornings off. So suck it up and stop bitching.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:18 AM   #26
Manimillion
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW BMXer

I win.
How does BBB have anything to do with it. It is not the regulatory board for employement issues
Old 05-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #27
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

It must of been the Labour Board
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 09:44 AM   #28
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricTsang
call in sick bro. what can he do fire you? no chance.
DONT call in sick if you want to keep the job. Anyone remember when I ranted about the Scabies thing at the group home I worked at? That's right...WORKED. I called in sick for the next shift saying i was not willing to take a chance and get the disease...I got fired for that.

You can get fired for anything really, and there are tens of people waiting for that job at any given time. The company will not be concerned with it.

I hear your frustration though, but really you can't do much about it. A decent manager would have called you to ask before you were scheduled.
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #29
sirex
King Sirex

yeah thats a bitch. I know what its like to have your schedule ****ed up when you specifically told them one thing.

the point is not that its aholiday monday. the point is you could have another job or other arrangements. Its unfair that he would do that.

but if you dont have other commitments for that day,then just go. At least you got an extra shift, and at least you brought it to his attention you cant work morning hours.

Last edited by sirex; 05-20-2005 at 10:26 AM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2005, 10:56 AM   #30
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzSix
"but I seriously don't see whats the problem here of working 1 day on the day when you don't have school and what was the need to rant?"

The problem is that I put after 4 on mondays. It was not indicated anywhere that if I don't have school on a certain day that he can put me on whenever he likes. Like are you saying that if I have a day off on say Wednesday and he finds out he can make me work in the morning? No, because the reason for why I put my hours does not matter. The problem is that I believe he should call and ask me in advance if I can work since the timeshift was not during my avialability hours, holiday or not, instead of just changing my availability hours to his needs.

It's kind of like your sig. You don't like when people don't use their blinkers right, because they don't tell you their intentions before changing lanes, turning, etc. Now by YOUR logic that if I don't have school then he should be able to make me work in the morning without asking me and it's perfectly fine, then that implies that unless someone cuts you off it's fine. DOesn't really work like that. I expect him to call to indicate to me beforehand that he needs me to work on a time that I put I'm not available for.

And just because I don't have school doesn't mean I can't have other things to do you know. Maybe I made plans for monday before 4, since it's on my ****ing thing that I signed that says I can only work after 4.

I don't really see why you're being such an ass, I'm not saying it's the end of the world and that the company revolves around me. And yes if I don't like it I know I can get another job and I will. I was just ranting because of what he did, which I think was unfair. If you see "(rant)" in the thread they WHY would you go in it and bitch at me for ranting ?

BTW, I can't call in sick because I'm opening and for the first hour or so I'm the only person there. SO they would get owned.

Also this guy isn't a manager, he actually owns the store.

But you see my Sig is a joke I don't mean it literaly, but you put down that on weekdays you can work only after 4 for a reason I know and the reason is you finish school at 3:15 and need to go home change and straight to work not to be late now if you would know that all through the year you would finish school at like 1:15 you'd put availability after 2 or 3 I'm pretty certain to get more hours you'd put that but since you kind of don't have a chouce now not to work then. And sorry that I'm being an ass =P
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: