Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-19-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Gsr Vs Grand Prix Gt

The other night a GSR and a grand prix gt raced on the 1/4 mile and the GSR won. The owner of the GSR claims that he has nothing done to the motors except for reactive headers and intake. Now i am not to sure on the horse power of a stock GSR but i know that a grand prix gt has about 200 horses stock. The owner of the grand prix has a stage 3 shift kit, eurehtyne motor mounts, intake and a breather. so roughly he is running maybe 20 more horses than a stock one.

At the take off the grand prix gives the GSR a nice zap but then when the GSR starts picking up it flys by and just rapes the grand prix. Is this possible? Can a 96 acura integra GSR zap a 2000 pontiac grand prix gt? Was the owner of the GSR bullshitting and could he have some other engine mods? I have seen a GSR run before but this one would just fly. Any comments or feed back on that one guys?
Woofer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:49 AM   #2
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

GSR would be lighter and times are reported to be low 7's. I used to own a 94 GS-R and they are quick for their generation but i would think it would be the other way around with the teg getting a jump on the Grand Prix and then getting overtaken by it.

The guy from what your telling me must have a few more goodies in there like maybe valve job, bigger throttle body,etc but no turbo and no supercharger.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:55 AM   #3
Woofer
6th Gear Member

Yea that's what i was thinking when i saw the grand prix zap it on the jump i was like wtf? every time the gt would beat it on the line but then the GSR would just eat it. The type R is faster then a gsr right? How much HP does a GSR have?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:57 AM   #4
Woofer
6th Gear Member

there was no turbo or super charger at all. They lifted both of their hoods up to show their mods. The GSR looked bone stock but it was to quick to be just "stock" their must of been something else like you said Whaddup. I was just shock to see that the GSR didn't just beat it but it SMOKED IT hands down.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:01 AM   #5
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

GS-R has 170 Hp and 129 ft/pounds of torque while the Type-R has 195 Hp and 132 ft/pounds of torque

Type-R time 0-60 are in the low 6's

Yeah I couldnt see the GS-R totally smoking it like that either.

Last edited by WhadUpp; 05-19-2005 at 01:04 AM.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 02:22 AM   #6
Woofer
6th Gear Member

The Gsr is lined up next race a honda civic with a ZC motor with spray. The ZC civic threw a ZAP and a half to a civic with a GSR motor in it by 4 cars.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:19 AM   #7
moregothanshow
All Show No Go!

maybe hes spraying....
Old 05-19-2005, 08:59 AM   #8
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

wow. ok let me tell you guys a few things.

"The owner of the grand prix has a stage 3 shift kit, eurehtyne motor mounts, intake and a breather. so roughly he is running maybe 20 more horses than a stock one."

1. i dont see one thing in there that would give him more then 5hp let alone 20. If he said computer reprogramming or cams, sure, a intake exhaust? lol common that doesnt do shit all.

2. now onto the integra, off the line its obvious the pontiac is going to shine its got the torque to pull it, however, perhaps the integra did have cams, depends... if the Vtec was much louder then normal or similar to every other honda with I/E? If it was very loud, chances are he had a cam in there. But anyway integras are all top end, so obviously they will pull more as the RPM climbs.

lastly both cars are wood and id be suprised if either could beat a stock 325
Old 05-19-2005, 10:20 AM   #9
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbore
lastly both cars are wood and id be suprised if either could beat a stock 325
I walked on a GS-R when my car was stock.

The Grand Prix GT is slow guys. Like barely getting into 15's slow. The GS-R isn't much better, but it is measureably quicker.
Old 05-19-2005, 11:38 AM   #10
bubsy12
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to bubsy12 Send a message via AIM to bubsy12
Walking a GS-R Jay? I'm guessing he didn't know how to drive it.... GS-R's run low to mid 15's stock w/decent drivers, mind you I don't even know what model or year your car is.. even if you had a 1989 325i it would be good for the same as the Integra at which point it become a real drivers race.. even though you may have more torque off the line, the vtec in the top end will catch and probably pull you.. But if you have a 1992 325is it may be a different story.
Grand Prix GT's run low 16's (almost as slow as my car stock LOL), GTP's on the other hand can run low 13's with very few mods and they weigh in @ 4000lbs.

2008 Toyota Rav4 V6 AWD Sport - Daily Driver -

www.SpoolnU.com - ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.

Last edited by bubsy12; 05-19-2005 at 11:41 AM.
bubsy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:02 PM   #11
myndgone
..... kLaSSe~1 .....

Send a message via MSN to myndgone
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy12
Grand Prix GT's run low 16's (almost as slow as my car stock LOL), GTP's on the other hand can run low 13's with very few mods and they weigh in @ 4000lbs.
Right on the money!

i've owned both, GT and then GTP after that..GTs stock ARE slow, but not "raped by GSR" slow...

GTPs on the other hand...for a heavy ass 4-door family car, not too bad. few hundred bucks gets you into high 13s.

Last edited by myndgone; 05-19-2005 at 01:33 PM.
myndgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #12
Woofer
6th Gear Member

The guy in the integra said he smoked a GTP aswell. He wants to race my buddies 2002 325i. What do you guys think will happen? the 325i is bone stock. All it has is factory bmw rims. Its atuo with the triptronic shifter aswell i think. Who would win?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #13
bubsy12
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to bubsy12 Send a message via AIM to bubsy12
I'm thinkin if the integra claims to beat a GTP he should have put bus-lengths on the GT and will most likely take your buddies 2002 325i easily.

2008 Toyota Rav4 V6 AWD Sport - Daily Driver -

www.SpoolnU.com - ALPHA. SIGMA. BOOST.
bubsy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
Woofer
6th Gear Member

therefore proving my point that he has more then just cheap headers and intake right? He claims that against my buddies gt he didnt even really try. I have never seen a "bone stick"" GSR go that quick and the vtec scream that loud. This guy has not lost a race yet and he says he will take anyone on.
Old 05-19-2005, 02:08 PM   #15
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsy12
Walking a GS-R Jay? I'm guessing he didn't know how to drive it....
Wasn't much of a driver's race, highway pulls from 100-180. I had about a car length on the GS-R, and we repeated it.

Step 325i's are slow, the GS-R (hell, the Grand Prix GT) will beat it.

I once raced a modded GTP from an on-ramp, around 60-170. I could see the exhausts and gauges, but I have no idea what was in there. He pulled about 1.5 car lengths on me. I was expecting worse, I have a feeling their gearing must really suck. When I heard him shift it just lost all momentum.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: