Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-17-2005, 05:59 PM   #1
8500 RPM
BMW = Big Money Wasted

Holman Insurance Is The Worst...period

I signed up insurance with Holman, and 2 weeks later I decide to cancel because it was time for me to buy a car. I sent in a fax to them to cancel my insurance, but didn't receive confirmation from them. In the meantime, I bought a car and wanted them to give me a quote so I called and was put on hold for 20mins until they finally forwarded me to someone's email. I left a message asking about my cancelled insurance as well as getting a new quote. I then fill out their online form since no one bothers to call me back, and 3 days go by and no one calls me back or emails me back.

So, then I call them and speak to a guy named Jesse in customer service and he was RUDE and kept interrupting me with, "whats your policy number?!" when I wanted to just tell him what my name was first. It was like speaking to a machine. Then, upon finding out that I cancelled my insurance so soon, he tells me that, "Yes, you have cancelled your insurance and a refund may take up to 4 to 6 weeks" and when i ask him about getting a new quote he says,

"I'm not interested in helping you. I don't want to waste my time. Who knows if you're going to buy insurance and cancel the next day".

I was so shocked at his attitude that it did not sink in what was happening at the time. To clarify, I wanted to ask him what he was saying and he kept interrupting me by saying, "I'm not going to waste my time with you."

All through this, I was calm and polite, because I could not believe what was happening.

HOLMAN INSURANCE is the WORST. period.

I left a message with Avi Singh and the customer service manager.

Imagine what you have to go through if you make a claim!
8500 RPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:19 PM   #2
Gullwing
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Gullwing Send a message via Yahoo to Gullwing
Man that really sucks, I dunno how u were able to keep your cool...I would go ballistic. Try going to their office in person and give them hell.

Also make sure u file a complaint with the better business bureau and the insurance board of canada/ontario ( not sure of the correct name ).

Best of luck.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #3
Gamite

that's horrible, I would have done exactly what u did, taken it to upper management.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 06:43 PM   #4
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Call Johnson's Insurance...i cant find my card right now, but www.johnson.ca . If that doesnt work, Google it. they're really good...great rates and service.

good luck!
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:38 AM   #5
8500 RPM
BMW = Big Money Wasted

Being rude and not welcoming new business along with business of my associates, family, friends, etc. is just bad business. Also, the fact that I am switching from a bike to a car should give him an indication as to why it was cancelled so early. It's not like I bought 3 cars within 3 weeks and cancelled all of them. What a knob.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:44 AM   #6
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
that's horrible, I would have done exactly what u did, taken it to upper management.
Just what Julian said........everyone has a boss.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:59 PM   #7
GregD
2nd Gear Member

Insurance companies are funny like that because they are the one type of company that occasionally it is in their best interest to turn away customers, if they are likely to be a liability or a bad risk. If they seem to think that you will be a bad gamble, they will do their best to route you elsewhere... why do you think all those companies offer the service where they tell you that a competitor will be cheaper? It's because they want you the hell out of there and they dont want to gamble on you.
Not saying that you are a liability or an insurance risk, I just wouldn't expect them to be very forthcoming following this incident - probably by cancelling early you set off some kind of internal automated flag - thats most likely why they were so rude... just something to think about.....
GregD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:17 PM   #8
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

set their building on fire.
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:31 PM   #9
8500 RPM
BMW = Big Money Wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD
Insurance companies are funny like that because they are the one type of company that occasionally it is in their best interest to turn away customers, if they are likely to be a liability or a bad risk. If they seem to think that you will be a bad gamble, they will do their best to route you elsewhere... why do you think all those companies offer the service where they tell you that a competitor will be cheaper? It's because they want you the hell out of there and they dont want to gamble on you.
Not saying that you are a liability or an insurance risk, I just wouldn't expect them to be very forthcoming following this incident - probably by cancelling early you set off some kind of internal automated flag - thats most likely why they were so rude... just something to think about.....
Still, it was from a bike to a car. There should be some understanding to that. Even if they find me troublesome based on that one transaction, they can do it another way by being polite about it or just giving me a high rate. This guy was very insulting. So blatant that I couldn't even absorb what was happening. I am a guy with a very shirt temper and the guy was so direct that it didn't even set off my alarm. When it kicked in, I left long messages with his manager. He called me back but I missed his call. I'm going to have a long chat with him after. I will not die a happy man until I get this guy fired.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:56 PM   #10
8500 RPM
BMW = Big Money Wasted

Response to an email written on my behalf...

Hi Jonathan,
I don't know who you are or what relationship you have with the customer that posted this message, but I can assure you this type of attitude is certainly not tollerated at Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd. Unfortunately unique situations like this do not look good for us but we have thousands of satisfied customers, excellent insurance companies and a 25 year history of providing service to satisfied customers. This will not go unnoticed.
If you or this customer have any further concerns, please contact me personal.

Paul Holman
Vice President
7050 Woodbine Ave, Suite 400
Markham ON L3R4G8 Canada

Tel: (905) 886-5630
Fax: (905) 886-5622

Email: paul@holmanins.com
Old 05-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #11
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8500 RPM
Response to an email written on my behalf...

Hi Jonathan,
I don't know who you are or what relationship you have with the customer that posted this message, but I can assure you this type of attitude is certainly not tollerated at Holman Insurance Brokers Ltd. Unfortunately unique situations like this do not look good for us but we have thousands of satisfied customers, excellent insurance companies and a 25 year history of providing service to satisfied customers. This will not go unnoticed.
If you or this customer have any further concerns, please contact me personal.

Paul Holman
Vice President
7050 Woodbine Ave, Suite 400
Markham ON L3R4G8 Canada

Tel: (905) 886-5630
Fax: (905) 886-5622

Email: paul@holmanins.com
Nice! - BTW: Who's Jonathan? I thought you spoke with a guy named Jesse?

Deep
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 12:25 AM   #12
8500 RPM
BMW = Big Money Wasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep 323
Nice! - BTW: Who's Jonathan? I thought you spoke with a guy named Jesse?

Deep
Jonathan is a guy I know on Club DSM who wrote in an angry email to Holman. I posted my experience in about 10 forums in Toronto so word is spreading and ppl are calling in on my behalf.
Old 05-19-2005, 01:30 AM   #13
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
It's crazy how people go through hassle with all this insurance bull s_it...

I heard good stuff about JOHNSON but you need to have licence for long time in order to hook up with them.Good luck.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 02:42 PM   #14
8500 RPM
BMW = Big Money Wasted

Paul Holman called and was rude and wasn't apologetic at all on the phone. He said,

"Maybe you're related to this Jonathan guy."
"Maybe you are working with your insurance company and trying to badmouth Holman."
"Maybe you were rude to Jesse first."
"What do you want from me?"
"We take libel and slander very seriously."
"You're wasting time and I don't know why you have so much time to waste".

Paul Holman was trying to intimidate me and I have him on our recording system.

So, apparently I cannot express thoughts on my incident in a public forum?

Clearly, the more he says, the more he justifies the behaviour to be expected at Holman.

I have it on tape.

My experience is backed up by facts, and libel and slander is considered so if it is not grounded in anything but conjured facts. What I am demonstrating is my experience with them and it is up to people to judge them based on it.

Problem: When people disrespect me, I never let go especially when they call me and try to intimidate me. All they are doing are justifying my complaint. Now, I have it on tape.

I rest my case.
Old 05-24-2005, 02:45 PM   #15
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8500 RPM
Paul Holman called and was rude and wasn't apologetic at all on the phone. He said,

"Maybe you're related to this Jonathan guy."
"Maybe you are working with your insurance company and trying to badmouth Holman."
"Maybe you were rude to Jesse first."
"What do you want from me?"
"We take libel and slander very seriously."
"You're wasting time and I don't know why you have so much time to waste".

Paul Holman was trying to intimidate me and I have him on our recording system.

So, apparently I cannot express thoughts on my incident in a public forum?

Clearly, the more he says, the more he justifies the behaviour to be expected at Holman.

I have it on tape.

My experience is backed up by facts, and libel and slander is considered so if it is not grounded in anything but conjured facts. What I am demonstrating is my experience with them and it is up to people to judge them based on it.

Problem: When people disrespect me, I never let go especially when they call me and try to intimidate me. All they are doing are justifying my complaint. Now, I have it on tape.

I rest my case.
Holman's a douchebag.
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: