Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #1201
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmo View Post
Anybody gone wider than 205's on stock 14' Basketweaves? I gotta start shopping around for new tires and would rather not change my wheels yet. I'm thinking I'll get some studs and spacers and a fat, fat set of tires. You guys sell some of that hardware right Mystikal?
There are no worthwhile 14" tires wider than that. A 195/60/14 extreme summer tire would be the best option by far. We don't carry 4x100 spacers, sorry.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:07 PM   #1202
Bimmer Guru
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Huntsville Al
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
That pic tells me...well nothing. Nice wheels though.

Width, offset, suspension setup please.
sorry, should have given more information. The wheels are 16x8.5 et16 up front, and 16x9 et12 rear. Its the turner motorsport suspension setup. TMS springs and revalved bilsteins. I ended up buying 225/50r16 all around. I definitely think there's gonna be some fender rolling :/
Bimmer Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #1203
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Guru View Post
sorry, should have given more information. The wheels are 16x8.5 et16 up front, and 16x9 et12 rear. Its the turner motorsport suspension setup. TMS springs and revalved bilsteins. I ended up buying 225/50r16 all around. I definitely think there's gonna be some fender rolling :/
There's no way that's going to fit. 205/45 all around is the recommend size.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:48 PM   #1204
zig553
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: alberta
Posts: 6
http://www.403drift.com/productview.asp?ID=726 Any Idea if these wheels would fit without spacers? I can get them in a number of different offsets.
zig553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #1205
RS6
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PL
Posts: 3
Wolfrace TORQUE GM 4x100.00 17"

Hi!

Will this work on stock '89 E30 body?

They have ET17 and ET37 versions.

http://www.felgi.pl/Temp/Photo/wolfr...f-l880-sk3.jpg


thanks !
RS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:48 AM   #1206
The Twin
3rd Gear Member
 
The Twin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: ontario
Posts: 559
Hey all, looking at a beefy setup...

Staggered sizes
Fronts: 16x9 et15 looking at 215/40/16
Rears: 17x10 et14 looking at 255/35/17

All my fenders are rolled, but not pulled.

Do you think I'll rub in the rear with the 255's?
E30 vert with 1"drop...
The Twin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #1207
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by zig553 View Post
http://www.403drift.com/productview.asp?ID=726 Any Idea if these wheels would fit without spacers? I can get them in a number of different offsets.
Yup, get the 15x8 +15. Use 205/50 tires. Perfect.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #1208
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
Hi!

Will this work on stock '89 E30 body?

They have ET17 and ET37 versions.

http://www.felgi.pl/Temp/Photo/wolfr...f-l880-sk3.jpg


thanks !
Yup, +17 version is ideal. Use a 215/40 tire (assuming the wheel is 7-8.5" wide here).
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1209
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Twin View Post
Hey all, looking at a beefy setup...

Staggered sizes
Fronts: 16x9 et15 looking at 215/40/16
Rears: 17x10 et14 looking at 255/35/17

All my fenders are rolled, but not pulled.

Do you think I'll rub in the rear with the 255's?
E30 vert with 1"drop...
Front setup will only work with a small (3-5mm) spacer. Rears will only work with a serious fender pull as well as extremely stretched tires (225/35). Look up ZiMMie's old E30 on 17x10 Keskins, those were actually 6mm further IN than what you're looking at fitting. They poked an inch outside each fender.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:18 AM   #1210
RS6
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PL
Posts: 3
235/40-17 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Yup, +17 version is ideal. Use a 215/40 tire (assuming the wheel is 7-8.5" wide here).
Thanks a lot. Would 235/40-17 be ok for rears? While 215/40-17 for fronts? Rims are 7". Thanks!

Last edited by RS6; 07-06-2012 at 09:39 AM.
RS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #1211
RS6
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PL
Posts: 3
Calibre Vintage - 17x8 ET35.

Will this work in stock E30 with 215/40-17 front and 235/40-17 rear?

My mechanic says that 8" is too wide for front especially that I have changed front brakes to the ones from Porshe Cayenne rears....

Can you please comment on this? Thanks !

http://www.alloywheels.com/Calibre_Vintage_Alloy_Wheels

Last edited by RS6; 07-06-2012 at 09:40 AM.
RS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 11:57 PM   #1212
zig553
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: alberta
Posts: 6
Hey guys, I was thinking going with these http://www.imageinmotion.com/XXR07-52267082.htm Now they can be bought in 15x7 or 16x7 with ET25, I was thinking 16 inch with 205/50/16 tires, I'm on H&R Sport springs and Bilstein sports, would the fitment be okay without rolling my fenders? Would I experience any rubbing on full lock turn.
zig553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 PM   #1213
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
Thanks a lot. Would 235/40-17 be ok for rears? While 215/40-17 for fronts? Rims are 7". Thanks!
235 is too wide for a 7". The offset is also too low, they would rub.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #1214
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
Calibre Vintage - 17x8 ET35.

Will this work in stock E30 with 215/40-17 front and 235/40-17 rear?

My mechanic says that 8" is too wide for front especially that I have changed front brakes to the ones from Porshe Cayenne rears....

Can you please comment on this? Thanks !

http://www.alloywheels.com/Calibre_Vintage_Alloy_Wheels
You need spacers, 10mm all around is ideal. I can't speak for caliper clearance though you need to research that. Rear fender roll is necessary.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:06 PM   #1215
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,820
Quote:
Originally Posted by zig553 View Post
Hey guys, I was thinking going with these http://www.imageinmotion.com/XXR07-52267082.htm Now they can be bought in 15x7 or 16x7 with ET25, I was thinking 16 inch with 205/50/16 tires, I'm on H&R Sport springs and Bilstein sports, would the fitment be okay without rolling my fenders? Would I experience any rubbing on full lock turn.
Yup, that's about perfect. No rubbing should occur unless you're using front control arm bushings with E30 M3 geometry.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014