Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #1081
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
15x7 +29 is fine with a 205/55 tire.

i/iS/e/eS - share geometry
iX - unique
M3 - unique
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #1082
dmracingz
Tuyot
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 6
Hello there guys, needing some help here on choosing the correct size of barrel for my BBS RS 17", right now i have 7" wide barrel but it is hitting the front struts and the rear as well, what is the perfect size of barrel for my BBS RS on my e30 325i? should i use 6" or 5.5"? I know i can put spacers to clear that out but i don't want any spacers so i can put wider lips, thanks....
dmracingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #1083
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
I need the offsets, as well as the hub setup of the car (4-lug? 5-lug?).
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #1084
dmracingz
Tuyot
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 6
It's 4 lugs. 17x8 et40 17x9 et 43. Its been redrilled to 4x100. The front wheel the back of the face is not flat. The rears the back of the face is flat. Thanks.

Last edited by dmracingz; 01-06-2012 at 01:26 PM.
dmracingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #1085
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
Take away a half inch from the front barrels and a full inch from the rears. This will (just barely) give you the strut clearance you need.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #1086
chanceton14
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Mo
Posts: 1
Im running esm 002s 16x7.5 et20 and Im not happy with how far they stick out(want pass fender but not fender rolling)....What size of spacers do I need to run? Thanks
chanceton14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #1087
3rotore30
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2
Mystikal,

Looking at buying a set of 15" Work Meister wheels as they seem to be quite a nice style and they come in the 4 x 100 pattern.

I run standard suspension but will look at getting some BC coil overs a bit later on. Fronts will have a big brake kit with a 280mm rotor and 4 piston calipers.

I would like to run something with an agressive offset, the lower the better just for looks more than anything else. Not too fussy with width at the front but back is important (as wide as possible).

Would you know the limits of offset and width I can run with a 15" rim?

Thanks
3rotore30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #1088
dmracingz
Tuyot
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
Take away a half inch from the front barrels and a full inch from the rears. This will (just barely) give you the strut clearance you need.
Thanks Jay, just got new information about my wheels, the original size of the fronts is .5" lips and 7" barrel, the rear is .5" lips and 8" barrel. We try to fit 6" barrel in the front and rear, the front clearance in the strut is about 8 or 10mm and we put 1.5" lips, and the rear has a lot of room and we try to put some 2.5" lips but it seems its poking a bit, i just have some concerns that i would like to ask you, if i will run GC coilovers later on, if i will run 2" lips on the fronts and 3" lips on the rear, do you think it will poke that much even i rolled and pulled my fenders. thanks.
dmracingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:12 PM   #1089
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanceton14 View Post
Im running esm 002s 16x7.5 et20 and Im not happy with how far they stick out(want pass fender but not fender rolling)....What size of spacers do I need to run? Thanks
You won't be able to space those much if at all without rolling the fenders. Making 7.5" wheels flush is difficult.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:18 PM   #1090
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rotore30 View Post
Mystikal,

Looking at buying a set of 15" Work Meister wheels as they seem to be quite a nice style and they come in the 4 x 100 pattern.

I run standard suspension but will look at getting some BC coil overs a bit later on. Fronts will have a big brake kit with a 280mm rotor and 4 piston calipers.

I would like to run something with an agressive offset, the lower the better just for looks more than anything else. Not too fussy with width at the front but back is important (as wide as possible).

Would you know the limits of offset and width I can run with a 15" rim?

Thanks
I have less data on 15" non-track setups than 16" and larger, but I think I can still get it close. This is a very aggressive setup, and would look amazing IMO. You'll need to roll and maybe slightly pull the rear fenders for this depending on height and spring rates (go 12-14K R for best results).

F 15x8.5 +15 (R-Disk) 195/50 or 205/50
R 15x9.5 +15 (O-Disk) 215/45 or 225/45
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #1091
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmracingz View Post
Thanks Jay, just got new information about my wheels, the original size of the fronts is .5" lips and 7" barrel, the rear is .5" lips and 8" barrel. We try to fit 6" barrel in the front and rear, the front clearance in the strut is about 8 or 10mm and we put 1.5" lips, and the rear has a lot of room and we try to put some 2.5" lips but it seems its poking a bit, i just have some concerns that i would like to ask you, if i will run GC coilovers later on, if i will run 2" lips on the fronts and 3" lips on the rear, do you think it will poke that much even i rolled and pulled my fenders. thanks.
Okay, are the original offsets still +40/43? I'll assume yes for the following. All offsets have a 1-2mm margin of error due to rounding (I'm doing this in my head, cut some slack!).

Fronts:
6" barrel 1.5" lip = 17x7.5 +15
6" barrel 2.0" lip = 17x8.0 +7

Rears:
8" barrel 2.5" lip = 17x10.5 +18 (possible but extremely aggressive)
8" barrel 3.0" lip = 17x11.0 +12 (starting to get outlandish)

The other problem with going past 10" is available tires. 225/35 will just stretch onto a 10" and with skill will just fit onto the 10.5". Going any wider requires stepping up to a 245/35 which will make fitment much more difficult.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:54 AM   #1092
3rotore30
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Gold Coast
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
I have less data on 15" non-track setups than 16" and larger, but I think I can still get it close. This is a very aggressive setup, and would look amazing IMO. You'll need to roll and maybe slightly pull the rear fenders for this depending on height and spring rates (go 12-14K R for best results).

F 15x8.5 +15 (R-Disk) 195/50 or 205/50
R 15x9.5 +15 (O-Disk) 215/45 or 225/45
Thanks for that, some of the oz=racing Leggenda wheels look nice too but they are the wrong offset for the e30 and only available in pretty limited sizes too.

I also quite like the look of their new CR 01 range too, very nice and a few more options available for colours.

Decisions....

Last edited by 3rotore30; 01-19-2012 at 06:00 AM.
3rotore30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:19 AM   #1093
E30isKing
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisbon
Posts: 7
Need advice, dreaming out loud

Hi there,

First of all thanks for this amazing thread and your support.

These are the wheels in question. I just found them and they are gorgeous.
I have an S38 engine as well so the extra rubber would help.

http://povoadelanhoso.olx.pt/jantes-...-iid-190240504

These are 15x8j ET 10 Front
15x11j ET 35 Rear

Of course I would roll the fenders, if that helps
Thanks,
Paulo
E30isKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM   #1094
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by E30isKing View Post
Hi there,

First of all thanks for this amazing thread and your support.

These are the wheels in question. I just found them and they are gorgeous.
I have an S38 engine as well so the extra rubber would help.

http://povoadelanhoso.olx.pt/jantes-...-iid-190240504

These are 15x8j ET 10 Front
15x11j ET 35 Rear

Of course I would roll the fenders, if that helps
Thanks,
Paulo
Not going to fit 11's under an E30, sorry. With fender flares and around +0 final offset (maybe even lower actually), maybe.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 01:49 PM   #1095
E30isKing
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisbon
Posts: 7
Thanks, I was just dreaming out loud.

However they would look ace on an E30.

In your opinion, among all the possible sizes and shapes, whats the grippiest size tyre the E30 can take, assuming fender rolling isn't an issue?

Thanks
E30isKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.