Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 22 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 05:17 PM   #1066
E30isKing
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Lisbon
Posts: 7
I will gladly order my 225/50s then...they should have more grip and 'sporty stance' than the 215's...
thanks for the input
I will get back to you with the results.

All the best,
Paulo
E30isKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:28 AM   #1067
ClayMan
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,610
17x8.5 ET13 ... any chance on E30 or E30 M3?
Will 215 or 225 (stretched tires!) be required?
ClayMan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #1068
dmracingz
Tuyot
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 6
Thanks Jay, and some more questions, is re drilling this wheels to 4x100 will not hurt it or does it makes it weak, and also will i need to get hub centric rings for this also? And how about 17x8 et45 17x9 et53, does this will work on my 89 325i? Coz this is the offset of the wheel im trying to get, thank you so much...

Last edited by dmracingz; 11-24-2011 at 01:00 AM.
dmracingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #1069
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClayMan View Post
17x8.5 ET13 ... any chance on E30 or E30 M3?
Will 215 or 225 (stretched tires!) be required?
E30 stock 4-lug: 205/40 unrolled fenders, 215/40 rear roll
E30 M3 stock 5-lug: 215/40 unrolled, 235/40 front roll
E30 w/ E30 M3 hubs: 205/40 rear roll

Reads like gibberish but I know you understand this stuff, Clay.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 11:27 AM   #1070
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmracingz View Post
Thanks Jay, and some more questions, is re drilling this wheels to 4x100 will not hurt it or does it makes it weak, and also will i need to get hub centric rings for this also? And how about 17x8 et45 17x9 et53, does this will work on my 89 325i? Coz this is the offset of the wheel im trying to get, thank you so much...
The safety of a re-drill is dependent upon many factors, including the shape of the wheel backing, the original bolt pattern, the desired bolt pattern, the original centerbore, and the desired centerbore...then you have to find someone who actually does it properly.

You'd need 30mm spacers all around to mount those wheels. If that's the RS' offset what you want are 30mm whatever-bolt-pattern-they-are to 4x100 adapters.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 11:25 PM   #1071
2furiousd
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 2
Hi Everyone, I will start by telling you that I am a newbie, so I must apologize if these questions have been asked. I have been reading for about 30 minutes +/-, so I thought that I would just ask.

I have a 91 e30 m-tech II convertible, 4 lug. This week I'm installing Bilstein Sports and an H&R Sport spring kit. The lowering springs are 1.45" front and .75" rear.

My questions are: I want to use my e36 snowflake rims 5x120 16x7 40et, to replace my factory 4x100 14x6.5 30et basket weaves. Any recommendations on 4 to 5 lug adapters? Any recommendations on the spacing needed front to back? My goal is to fill the wheel arches, aesthetics and handling improvements with out rubbing or grinding. I'm not going to track or race this car, I just want it to drive nice and look good.

I know a lot of peeps are against these lug adapters. I found a company in NV (motorsport tech) that will custom make them for $350 for a set of 4. This is a lot cheaper than me purchasing a new set of rims. The rims that I would like to use are currently on my 96 Z3, and I will put the 5 stars back on it if the snowflakes will fit my e30.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been repeated.
2furiousd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 AM   #1072
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2furiousd View Post
Hi Everyone, I will start by telling you that I am a newbie, so I must apologize if these questions have been asked. I have been reading for about 30 minutes +/-, so I thought that I would just ask.

I have a 91 e30 m-tech II convertible, 4 lug. This week I'm installing Bilstein Sports and an H&R Sport spring kit. The lowering springs are 1.45" front and .75" rear.

My questions are: I want to use my e36 snowflake rims 5x120 16x7 40et, to replace my factory 4x100 14x6.5 30et basket weaves. Any recommendations on 4 to 5 lug adapters? Any recommendations on the spacing needed front to back? My goal is to fill the wheel arches, aesthetics and handling improvements with out rubbing or grinding. I'm not going to track or race this car, I just want it to drive nice and look good.

I know a lot of peeps are against these lug adapters. I found a company in NV (motorsport tech) that will custom make them for $350 for a set of 4. This is a lot cheaper than me purchasing a new set of rims. The rims that I would like to use are currently on my 96 Z3, and I will put the 5 stars back on it if the snowflakes will fit my e30.

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been repeated.
Adapters are safe, no worries there. I would suggest 20mm front and 25mm rear adapters, along with 205/50 tires. It will sit as close to flush as possible without rubbing.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #1073
2furiousd
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 2
Thanks for your quick reply! I'm going to email the company today to suggest the spaces needed. 205/50 are the tires mounted now. I will let you know the end result.
2furiousd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #1074
mx425
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: ct
Posts: 1
Looking to put 15x8.5 et17 wheels onto my 325e. Can I make these work? I have no problem with stretching if need be. And the car will be low once finished.
mx425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:09 PM   #1075
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by mx425 View Post
Looking to put 15x8.5 et17 wheels onto my 325e. Can I make these work? I have no problem with stretching if need be. And the car will be low once finished.
Very nice specs. Stretch 205/50 on them and roll the rear fenders as necessary (shouldn't be much with your early arches).
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #1076
Tekals
DIYer
 
Tekals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gatineau, Qc
Posts: 112
Hi,

I'm thinking about putting some new wheels on my e30. I'm looking at the style 65 of the M5 e39 17 inches. I know i will need adapters 4x100 to 5x120. Would it fit, if yes, what thickness of adapters will i need and tire size? Thank you
Tekals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:14 PM   #1077
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekals View Post
Hi,

I'm thinking about putting some new wheels on my e30. I'm looking at the style 65 of the M5 e39 17 inches. I know i will need adapters 4x100 to 5x120. Would it fit, if yes, what thickness of adapters will i need and tire size? Thank you
There was no OEM 17" Style 65, so you'll have to tell me what offsets the replicas are available in.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:13 PM   #1078
Tekals
DIYer
 
Tekals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gatineau, Qc
Posts: 112
What about the OEM 18, or a replica with +20 offset?
Tekals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:41 PM   #1079
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Stance
Posts: 12,754
To simplify a bit, you'll need a high offset replica (E36/E46/E90 offset i.e. +35 to +45) for the setup to work. Once you know the exact offset, I can help with adapter thickness and tire size.
__________________

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:29 AM   #1080
chiropter
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 1
ET29, 15x7?

Hi - I'm eyeing some 15x7 rims with ET29 offset. I was happy to come across this thread but I didn't find that anyone had asked my question yet. I've read that ET27 is the outer limits of ideal fitment, is ET29 pushing it? It's only two mm, one would think it'd be ok.. Also, given that different e30s (i, is, ix) came stock with different wheels/offsets, was the suspension geometry set up for each model individually for the OEM wheels, or was it all close enough that one setup covered all? Thanks in advance.
chiropter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.