Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-14-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
spooner_dee
Has no idea whats goin on

Send a message via AIM to spooner_dee
A praise to Bimmer owners

As some of you may know (prob not many or anyone for that matter ) I came to the BMW world from the "ricer" world I owned a mitsubishi eclipse for about 4-5 years and loved the car with out a doubt. But the car was slow it wasnt a turbo model so it had the look the sound the handling but lacked in the power catagory. But despite that, i loved the car, what i didnt love was the dsm community (dsm is diamond star motors or some dumb shit like that which is what mitsu falls under). I joined the community on there site became a member in hopes of meeting other people that shared my love and respect for the car as i did, and in hopes of help with fine tuning my particular machine to its utmost capabilities, not to race but to make me happy and to have fun with it. What i found instead was a bunch of immature self richious self indulgent wise ass morons. No one ever got along, everyone always fought about whos car was the best and why. Turbo guys ranked on NA guys and NA guys ranked on NA guys.... The only thing any of them could ever agree on was.... Hating honda, which was the only part i agreed on. Dont get me wrong there are a FEW and i mean like 1-2 models of honda i some what respect but thats all. ANYWAYS. in almost every forum all they did was fight and bicker and try and prove who had the bigger ego ( i think they used there cars to compensate for something else ). It became very old very fast and it helped to slowly but surely kill my love for the eclipse and improving it. So when the time came i gladly said good bye and moved on to something new and something better. So i bought a 97 328i loved it from the start... then came time to find somewhere to go but i didnt know where. So i hung out on the dsm site a bit longer and posted up my new car. AND SURE ENOUGH all the egos came out to play all the jealousy and bruised manhood made alot of them lash out (not all but a good percent). It seems to be that no matter what you own.... an eclipse is the best car in the world But well i dont think so lol and im sure alot would agree with that. So by some quirk one guy said i should come here (he was trying to get rid of me) so i said ok let me look. So i came here and i was AMAZED!!! So much respect so much class so much maturity. I dont see what i saw there, no one seems to be out to prove they have the best fastest nicest car. Infact whenever someone does somthing they get praise for it, and encouragment to further mod there car. Everyone gives real honest opinions and doesnt really fight over dumb petty shit. I find that very inspiring to continue on with my car for a long time and to improve her to my full liking. The dsm world and the BMW world are like night and day and i must say im glad to be here and i give kutos to all of you fellow members in making a person feel welcome respected and all of that good schtuff. I love BMW's and i love the imput you guys have and the directions you take your cars in. I havent seen one persons car on here that i didnt think was totaly amazing. And thats rare for me cuz im very picky. So to end this i say keep up the class and respect and dont stop modding.

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
spooner_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 10:59 AM   #2
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Welcome
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:15 AM   #3
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

welome to the family,
mike
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:17 AM   #4
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Hey welcome to max.

You shouldn't let what people say on the internet influence what car you own, i wouldn't sell my car or stop liking it because of other people.

You got urself a nice ride, post some pics!
Old 05-14-2005, 11:18 AM   #5
Miguel
...Delt Smash

you type too much.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #6
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
Welcome to Maxbimmer, it becomes an addiction

Although I must agree with you on some points, I do feel there is still some needless bickering and post whoring on this board( mind you I'm sure it's not nearly as bad as ricer boards lol). The technical info is somewhat lacking here ( in comparison to bimmerforums.com) but I would say max is a much more tight net community, and it's truly a benefit in having a local GTA forum. Welcome and enjoy your stay haha

Last edited by Paul540/m3; 05-14-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Paul540/m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 11:29 AM   #7
mirek
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
you type too much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg para.JPG (48.2 KB, 178 views)
mirek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 12:15 PM   #8
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

thsi thread sounds like a support group.
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 02:04 PM   #9
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Welcome to the Max community
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 03:20 PM   #10
spooner_dee

i posted up Pix b4 of my car a few months ago when i first joined but for you others who havent seen it yet heres a look at my ride. These few were taken right after her first wash and wax.

A tip for those of you with stock head lights if you have that faded look like so much of us do, use ARMORALL wipes. After you have washed the car and dried it, use the wipes (the ones for your dash) and wipe down the lights and let dry. It works wonders, for about 2 weeks your lights will look clearer and shine more like new. Careful not to get it on the car itself, it wont damage it but it makes it look hazey and dirty.

current mods are front signals cleard fender signals cleared, pioneer head unit installed, air box debaffeld. Piaa star white headlights low beam, APC super whites highbeam. white led bulbs in both fender turnsignals and front markers.

comming soon is strut tower bars, custom air intake with heat shield, projector foglights, exhaust, new wheels and brake upgrade (better rotors and pads not big brakes)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmw1.jpg (147.0 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg bmw2.jpg (118.1 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg bmw3.jpg (141.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg bmw4.jpg (124.8 KB, 31 views)

As I was walking up the stairs, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish I wish he'd go away.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:44 PM   #11
Alezone
Capitalism

How come you have custom name under your screen name already!?
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:00 PM   #12
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

how many inches are those wheels?....
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #13
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

I didnt read what you wrote but welcome, and yes use space and paragraph somtimes, its way easier to read.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:38 PM   #14
spooner_dee

i just changed the 2nd gear member thing to say what i wanted under the user control thing. and the wheels now are stock 15's the size i want to go is 17 inch

as for the no paragraph thing, i tend to ramble on when trying to make a point lol sorry

Old 05-14-2005, 06:44 PM   #15
munichman
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to munichman
welcome, just stay away from the E30 forum
munichman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: