Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Non-BMW Related
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2005, 12:58 PM   #1
Hibbing
4th Gear Member

Paradigm Servo 15 Subwoofer

One of the best subs made in the world. Excellent condition and a sub you'll never need to upgrade. Fairly priced at $850.

Design: Single-driver, Closed-Loop Servo system; sealed enclosure, built-in power amplifier
Amplifier: 400 watts RMS / 1200 watts
Amplifier Distortion: Less than 0.005% distortion
Amplifier S/N Ratio: Better than -120 dB
Bass Driver: 380-mm (15") KRC™ Kevlar® Reinforced Composite cone, 50-mm (2") Bifilar 2+2-layer voice coil, Aluminium / Nomex® former.
Low Frequency Extension: 14 Hz (DIN) *
Frequency Response: ±2dB from 17Hz–150Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.3%
Line Level Input: From Sub-Out / LFE-Out of receiver, processor or Paradigm® X-Series unit (included, see dealer)
Internal Volume: 97 L / 3.40 cu ft
Height, Width, Depth: 20 x 18 x 23in
Weight: 41kg / 90 lb each

The Servo-15, as its name implies, contains a BIG 15" servo-controlled bass driver. How BIG is it? Well, I’ll tell you -- it makes the 10" woofers in my InnerSound Eros speakers look like midrange drivers! Actually the Kevlar-fiber composite cone measures about 15", while its massive die-cast aluminum frame measures 16" to 17 3/4", making it appear more like an 18" woofer. The cabinet itself is a sealed enclosure, measuring a modest 20"H x 18"W x 23"D and weighing in at about 80 pounds. A pop-off black fabric grille with the Paradigm logo adorns the front baffle of the front-firing driver. Four large black plastic feet couple the subwoofer to one’s flooring and make the woofer easy to slide around the room (I wonder if the Vibrapod people know about this!).

Good products ask questions of their owners. The Paradigm 15 is that kind of product. Far from sitting there and doing it’s job quietly and predictably, the Servo 15 will spring a few surprises and highlight bass-sounds that you never knew were there.

This is not the sub necessarily to wind up and scare your friends, impress the kids, or scare the cat (although it did do that). It is however a sub to savour that will work its way onto your must-keep if the house goes up in flames list.

The Paradigm Servo 15 is a refined stunner of a product that deserves good room placement, a good system and great music or soundtracks to get the best out of it.

Give it some quality source material and some quality time and it’ll earn its keep and earn a fair amount of respect too!

Hibbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
tiger
2nd Gear Member

What Is The Bottom Price If It Is Right I Might Be Interested.
tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
Hibbing
4th Gear Member

Sold in half an hour.
Hibbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 03:24 AM   #4
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Since Hibbing has sold his, I have a Servo 15 also for sale at the same price if anyone's interested. Email me if interested @ eclipsems@rogers.com.

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: