Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-15-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Arrow Looking for Summer Job (student)

Hey guys, i know many of you work fulltime and are done school so i was hoping maybe you'd be able to help me out with a summer job.

I'll be graduating this year so i need money to pay for my next year @ university. If you've got something at your workplace or know of some place hiring for the summer....or any sorta spot a newbie can do(e.g data entry, etc etc)
I'm not looking for any specific work in particular...just need to make a few bucks during the summer...i'm very flexible for hours as i won't be going on vacation or anything.

So if you've got something in mind let me know via private message or e-mail/msn. And i will provide you with my resumé.

bassment123@hotmail.com

I really appreciate it guys!

Bobby
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:02 PM   #2
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I got one word for you. SECURITY
I did it for a bit, I hated it, but I made some decent cash.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec Modded
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #3
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

^^how much per hour did you get, and why did you hated it so much???
Old 05-15-2005, 03:30 PM   #4
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Security Guards start at $9 - $12 an hour and work HORRIBLE hours if you are a NOOB. Expect working from 10 at night till 7 in the morning when you start working security, and you can;t fall asleep. I was thinking bout becoming one recently cuz it is a good foot in the door when I want to apply to become a cop. Instead I got a job doing roofing for the summer and now make $20 an hour on a salary. I get paid $150 a day and my day ends around 3 in the afternoon. Sometimes 1 or 2 if we are quick. We are on the job site around 6:30 to 7 in the morning. If you want to make some decent/good coin for the summer then try and get a job doing some sort of construction or a Government job.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:35 PM   #5
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Yeah I did lawncare at Dr. Green, but I was just a helper - I got $10 bucks an hour but I worked from 6 AM to 5-6 PM pretty much every day, plus I made some decent money....But now I'm just too lazy for that stuff...heh

But If I had a job like you Mitch, I'd stick to it, plus for the summer it's good cash. It's just that I don't want to do physical labor anymore...

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 05-15-2005 at 03:40 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 05:21 PM   #6
Understated

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover
Security sounds cool, but you know me man i'm a skinny bastard 5'10 and only 145lbs not exactly one of those 'club bouncers'

ALso, i hear u have to be at least 19 to get into security. I conveniently don't turn 18 until november anyway

So yeah, construction would be cool, i mean i'm in tip top shape but all that heavy lifting everyday for weeks on end would probably put my scrawny a$$ outta commision

So yea any1 have any direct hookups or something?...maybe i should ask Chris(chrome m3 dude) cuz his dad does own a construction company or something to that effect no?...

any other thoughts guys?>....Doing valet would be cool...and hey i could finally learn how to drive stick for free
Old 05-15-2005, 06:00 PM   #7
SpoolinS6
6th Gear Member

where can i apply to do security i got the body for it
SpoolinS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:53 PM   #8
digiital
5th Gear Member

I did security back int he EARLY 90s when I was going to school, did the security job and school at the same time. I really enjoyed it and I was a TOOTHPICK, I mean 155lb on a 6'1" frame. Did it for like 3.5 yrs. Mostly in a condo, where I ended up meeting my wife .
In those 2 yrs I was at the condo there was about 6 deaths. 3 in one shot, one car into a support pillar, not a pretty sight.

Back in 1990'ish I was making about $10.00ahr. And of course you can do ALL the hours you want since they are ALWAYS looking for people to cover other sites. Did a few hospital jobs, one of the easiest was at Honewell babysitting some tents with BBQ's. Did a few 24 hr shifts at the condo when one of the guys didn't show and they couldn't find a replacement until 6 hrs after my shift would have finished, I figured I worked 18 hrs might as well finish the other 6 and get a few days off.

And you can sleep, if you get the right site. At the condo I was still have to knock off 2-3 hrs of sleep. There were two people on site and we would cover for each other, he would get some sleep and so would I.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Mark Twain

Last edited by digiital; 05-15-2005 at 07:56 PM.
digiital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #9
Understated

ok i think that settles it....M_powered lets go find some security jobs bro and we can cover for each other while we sleep during our shifts
Old 05-15-2005, 10:36 PM   #10
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Count me in for Security I want to GTFO of my current job... or better yet I quit and you take over it Superman .... expect to get paid under 7$ cuz you are not 18 yet and you'll be a bitch to most people since you are new... I work in a grocery store btw =(
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 11:13 PM   #11
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Do some light construction like guys told ya.

I used to work security and it was pretty good.My shift was 11-30pm till 11-30am (12 hrs).
It was 440 Unwin avenue site,The very last street when you drive by cherry down in Toronto port area.Every one sleeps from midnight till about 7 am. It was pretty good the only thing was that at 2 am the patrol comes in to check those tall towers in port area because the airplains have to land safe in city island airport so those tall towers need to have lights flashing all the time.
it was crazy, one co worker locked the gates at midnight when came for his shift ,he changed his clothes and went clubing down to Richmond...Man those were the days...
I love unwin avenue because it's so dark and spooky,also couple movies were made there."The child star" it's called ,something like that.It was party all night long.

Last edited by lvan; 05-15-2005 at 11:37 PM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 10:17 AM   #12
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
http://www.jobpostings.ca
Old 05-16-2005, 11:24 AM   #13
sirex
King Sirex

oh man you are a little late.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #14
grossi
3rd Gear Member

I'm working at a company called Roofmart Ontario Ltd. for the summer. My zio (uncle) is the president and he mentioned that they are looking for a student for July and August. You'd be getting $11/hour and it's EXTREMELY easy work (filing payables, data entry, sorting mail, answering phones, etc.) If you are interested, let me know and I can speak to my zio or the CFO that I work for. The CFO is also an awesome guy so I'm sure he'd consider. He asked me to ask my friends if they need jobs, but none of my friends are willing to work July and August only because we are all university students and finished our exams at the end of April. Anyways man, if your interested shoot my a PM. Take care bro, goodluck with the job search.
Old 05-16-2005, 12:02 PM   #15
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Did you apply for FSWEP....first summer I did that 6 government departments called me...ranging from 11-20$ an hour.

http://www.jobs-emplois.gc.ca/fswep-...nt/index_e.htm

Or try

http://www.jobs-emplois.gc.ca/menu/home_e.htm

You can look for jobs on that site. All government...

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: