Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #16
ticoupe
2nd Gear Member

any one uses PBR or Pagid??? Which is better?? Thanks!
Old 05-17-2005, 08:01 PM   #17
moregothanshow
All Show No Go!

pbr is the same company as axxis, i am using pbr/axxis metal masters right now and i am not happy with them, pagid is basically replacement oem, or of the same qualities, very dusty.... but pagid has other pads also. i am not too familiar with pagid pads but i hear blues are decent pads....
there was a thread a while back also on brake pads, and someone mentioned williams f1/s2 pads. they are a local company and pretty reputable appearently, i think the s2's will be my next pads. i sent them an email a few days ago and have not gotten a response yet so i'll try again soon... gl with your choice!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:13 PM   #18
freniv
2nd Gear Member

just my 2 cents..

I got my car used 130,000Kms and it had pagid pads and rotors. I wasn't too happy with them but I didn't know what condition they were in. When I got all new rotos and pads I went with Brembo Extreme's (cross drilled and slotted)... I figured what the heck.... and Pagid pads. At this point my car had 168,000kms. I thought at first they weren't too bad but then as time went on I wasn't impressed. Light braking from stop sign to stop sign etc, well what can I say... I stopped. But when I had to come to a grinding halt on the Hwy 401 from about 120Kms/h this is when I wasn't too impressed. Fronts wore down at 201,000Kms and I put in regular ATE pads and rotors. Rear's are still in. Now I have about 210,000kms and so far I like them better. They stop fine in traffic and they'll grip when I'm on the hwy going from 120km/h to 0.

don't know if I got ripped but this is what I paid?
Brembo Extreme front rotors $150ea
Brembo Extreme rear rotors $140ea
Pagid pads $77 for front
Pagid pads $77 for rear

ATE front rotors $75ea
ATE front pads $75

Like I said... Just my 2 cents if it'll help anyone

Net time if I'm not sure I'll stick to ATE since history has proven to be OK with me. Mabey I'll go with Stainless Steel lines.
What have you found going to SS lines? harder pedal???
freniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 08:50 AM   #19
Extrinsic
1st Gear Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Extrinsic
Quote:
Originally Posted by j23chan
Has anyone ever tried or heard of EBC GreenStuffs or Redstuffs?
I have GreenStuff on my stock rotors for City Driving/Driving hard. I would say stopping is just as effective as OEM (if not better - memory fails me on what OEM felt like). However, brakedust is virtually eliminated! I'm planning on purchasing my second set soon (after 4 years of use).
Extrinsic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:22 PM   #20
freniv
2nd Gear Member

This is next time.

As it turns out I need my rear pads and rotors changed. My brake light went on so I'm guessing that my fronts are gone too.

I alreay purchased rear Balo rotors, but haven't installed them yet. I wanna try out EBC Greenstuff pads for front and rear, i've hear good things about them. Now for the front rotors I don't know?? Should I go with drilled or slotted or both or blanks?

Siince my last post (above) I now have 226,000kms. So provided that my pad change light is correct and my calipers are working correctly is 25,000Km's on my ATE's kinda short lived?

I've got a 1995 352iC, what do you think I should get?

Last edited by freniv; 04-19-2006 at 09:25 PM.
freniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 10:40 PM   #21
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally Posted by freniv
As it turns out I need my rear pads and rotors changed. My brake light went on so I'm guessing that my fronts are gone too.

I alreay purchased rear Balo rotors, but haven't installed them yet. I wanna try out EBC Greenstuff pads for front and rear, i've hear good things about them. Now for the front rotors I don't know?? Should I go with drilled or slotted or both or blanks?

Siince my last post (above) I now have 226,000kms. So provided that my pad change light is correct and my calipers are working correctly is 25,000Km's on my ATE's kinda short lived?

I've got a 1995 352iC, what do you think I should get?
Go with blank rotors. The EBC Greenstuffs is not a bad pad... I've heard mixed reviews from it. I'm cheap and someone gave me a free pair of Pagid rear brake pads... swapped them in on the weekend. They're not bad, similar to OEM, and so far there has been less brake dust.. but we'll see after a few weeks when they are fully seated.

Also, your front brakes will wear out much sooner than your rear brakes... when the brake pad lining light comes on, it's usually just a pair that needs replacing, not all four.
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: