Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 PM   #76
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
actually, according to that lil chart... Honda and Hyundai WERE close to Toyota.... while BMW was close to GM.
So that's a good thing, we're near the top. I wouldn't even put BMW down at this mark. But it only states problems per vehicle, not the specific problem. As vlad pointed out, it could be as small as a cup holder.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
not as sporty as bmw?!? remind me again, what bimmer is going to overtake an SLR.
CSL > SLR? Geeze, that's truly sad, u kno that? Mclaren developed it too.
On top of that, that's ONE car, almost every other car in their own class can be out handled by every bmw in its respective class. Power is nothing w/o control.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
....hmmm.... SRT-4 > then what? 90% of bimmers?
not to mention....

vette
viper
anything with SRT in the name
ford lightning?
you know as well as I do that there are a hell of a lot of faster domestics for half the price.
So, you've mentioned what? 2% of all american cars? Why don't you compare the a company to a company? So far, you've compared BMW the company to 1 car of another company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
oh really? try a wet track or a canadian snow storm...
Again, 1 car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
oh really?!? base 320i = MSRP $34,950
have you SEEN the specs on what that $35K gets you in a 320i?
do you REALLY want to contest my fact or just concede defeat now?
Honestly, u think that's expensive? Go to europe and try to buy your SRT-4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
correction, my E34 was a lemon. My 325i has been one of the most reliable cars I've ever owned.

I do look at both sides and I DID rebuy a bmw. Im not saying they are bad cars, but Im not saying they are god's gift either.

In all fairness, most of the people praising em blindly in this thread don't even OWN a bmw.
You don't say they're bad, but on every bmw bashing thread, I've seen you all over them.


You can't compare 1 car to the company, I could do that for any other company.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:49 PM   #77
SickFinga
Moderator
 
SickFinga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Location:
Posts: 16,602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
C'mon... give them a LITTLE bit more credit than that.
If you don't go by JDP who WILL you listen to before you admit it?

Im not gonna admit it, cause I said the whole concept or their rating is flawed.
Quote:
Very nice car, fast, good price, handles good, but tell me about luxury, rear seats, options.

Quote:
and exactly how MUCH faster was the bimmer than the WRX?
HOnestly I dont remember right now, I just remember about that fact, cause I was very surpriced.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:53 PM   #78
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
I agree there, Z06 is probably the best bang for the buck you can buy in terms of performance.

But the old Z06 interior was nothing less than stellar. Can't say anything for the new one.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #79
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
So that's a good thing, we're near the top. I wouldn't even put BMW down at this mark. But it only states problems per vehicle, not the specific problem. As vlad pointed out, it could be as small as a cup holder.
or as large as a tranny blowing at 60K?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
CSL > SLR? Geeze, that's truly sad, u kno that? Mclaren developed it too.
On top of that, that's ONE car, almost every other car in their own class can be out handled by every bmw in its respective class. Power is nothing w/o control.
CSL > SLR? I'd love to see specs back that up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
So, you've mentioned what? 2% of all american cars? Why don't you compare the a company to a company? So far, you've compared BMW the company to 1 car of another company.
I don't get your point?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
Again, 1 car.
...just an example
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
Honestly, u think that's expensive? Go to europe and try to buy your SRT-4.
that's no excuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
You don't say they're bad, but on every bmw bashing thread, I've seen you all over them.

You can't compare 1 car to the company, I could do that for any other company.
I think they are over-hyped... that's all.
__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 11:56 PM   #80
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner
 
Robb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North York
Posts: 2,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG_POWER
Way to go!!! Now you know how i felt when i had my 745i! Time to get a HOnda! PM rob he'll hook you up with CRX!
YEP... CRX RULES.. NOW IT HAS ANOTHER SIBLING.. A 1990 CIVIC SI.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #81
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
My point is, and was.

You can't judge an entire car company just because one car of one company is faster, or cheaper. No matter what you try to do as a company, there will always be one cheaper one faster, one better.

No of course, I totally agree with you BMW isn't the greatest car company, and I agree with you that some people here don't have a clue.

But what happened to just liking a car just because you like the car? That's why people are here, because they like BMW, of course we're going to have people who are here just because of simple reasons like that. and there's nothign wrong with it, they will learn more about the vehicle that they love.


But that's not why I posted, I posted because your post was totally ignorant. The point of having a company that is more reliable, a car that's faster, a car that's cheaper.. For every one of those points, there is a car company that's less reliable, slower, and more expensive.

Its not about if there's a car faster or what not, its about how the car compares with all the other cars, or how the company compares with all the other companies.

And on top of that, you can't just determine a company's worthiness just on one factor, like price or power. You have to have consider every factor. And that's why its the most logical to compare companies with the same criteria, eg. European luxury. Or luxury car (but price will depend on the location)

Honestly, if you put BMW as a company up to every other company available to you, how well do you think it will fair? as a company? Its hard to judge a whole company because every company has its lower class car, and its upper top of the line car. So what do you wanna judge by? All the cars? or just one?
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:08 AM   #82
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
YEP... CRX RULES.. NOW IT HAS ANOTHER SIBLING.. A 1990 CIVIC SI.
YAY!! Rob, u kno, you are so cool u kno that? Oh man, I wanna be just like you, But its hard to find a good CRX for me to buy.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:11 AM   #83
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
My point is, and was.

You can't judge an entire car company just because one car of one company is faster, or cheaper. No matter what you try to do as a company, there will always be one cheaper one faster, one better.

No of course, I totally agree with you BMW isn't the greatest car company, and I agree with you that some people here don't have a clue.

But what happened to just liking a car just because you like the car? That's why people are here, because they like BMW, of course we're going to have people who are here just because of simple reasons like that. and there's nothign wrong with it, they will learn more about the vehicle that they love.


But that's not why I posted, I posted because your post was totally ignorant. The point of having a company that is more reliable, a car that's faster, a car that's cheaper.. For every one of those points, there is a car company that's less reliable, slower, and more expensive.

Its not about if there's a car faster or what not, its about how the car compares with all the other cars, or how the company compares with all the other companies.

And on top of that, you can't just determine a company's worthiness just on one factor, like price or power. You have to have consider every factor. And that's why its the most logical to compare companies with the same criteria, eg. European luxury. Or luxury car (but price will depend on the location)

Honestly, if you put BMW as a company up to every other company available to you, how well do you think it will fair? as a company? Its hard to judge a whole company because every company has its lower class car, and its upper top of the line car. So what do you wanna judge by? All the cars? or just one?

/thread
__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:14 AM   #84
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
So what? Maybe you don't like E60. That doesn't tell me anything about BMW as a company.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:16 AM   #85
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
YAY!! Rob, u kno, you are so cool u kno that? Oh man, I wanna be just like you, But its hard to find a good CRX for me to buy.
__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:17 AM   #86
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
He never replies to me..





I wonder why...
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:20 AM   #87
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp
 
AlpWhitE46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 9,099
Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
He never replies to me..





I wonder why...
Because you got him in a deeeep hole....deep down he knows hes wrong, and doesen't want to admit it
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:24 AM   #88
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamite
So what? Maybe you don't like E60. That doesn't tell me anything about BMW as a company.
lol, I got you riled up didn't I?
__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:30 AM   #89
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner
 
Robb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North York
Posts: 2,482
ya ok .. lol

ps: hey bro, dude, Julian, if you want to get a miinnnnnnnnnt Crx bro, I know where to look.... alright braaa...

lmao
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 12:33 AM   #90
Gamite
Moderator
 
Gamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 21,082
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
lol, I got you riled up didn't I?
Yeah, for a min, but then Rob posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb
ya ok .. lol

ps: hey bro, dude, Julian, if you want to get a miinnnnnnnnnt Crx bro, I know where to look.... alright braaa...

lmao

SERIOUSLY? WHERE? I wanna get it so I can use it as my summer car, then I can use my Dekra 89 M3 as my winter beater.
__________________
www.gamite.net

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015