Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-12-2005, 01:50 AM   #46
Miguel
...Delt Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
I said it wrong, not affordable, I mean well priced.
what you mean is Im right, you're wrong.
victory is mine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg giantg.jpg (88.9 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by Miguel; 05-12-2005 at 02:18 AM.
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 01:56 AM   #47
Furious
BMW again.

yeah i saw the latest chart that came out a bit ago, there really wasnt a huge difference as i recall.
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:01 AM   #48
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
what you mean is Im right, you're wrong.
victory is mine!

This means you are OWNED
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:20 AM   #49
felixthecat
Was touched by Micheal

Send a message via MSN to felixthecat
Echo is a nice car,ive looked at one aswell..now my eye is on the new chevy venture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lt_home.jpg (30.5 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by felixthecat; 05-12-2005 at 02:24 AM.
felixthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 05:43 AM   #50
ncmedia
2nd Gear Member

A few things I'd take with a bimmer over any other car:

* Lines, cosmetics, and curves on a bimmer are sexier than most women, letalone cars in this class.
* BMW=BringMyWallet is true, but with boards like this and others Bimmers are not that costly to mod, fix, or upgrade unless you go to BMW dealerships or ripoff shops, most don't.
* Enthusiasts that buy a bad apple from a dealer first year giving a thread this deep into an echo and trying to justify "BEAMERS SUCK" with "I NOW HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES" creates calls to action to defend the mediocre yet much loved middle upper class ride, especially on a bimmer forum, as far as I'm concerned, the ECHO can literally echo its way outta this forum, no relevance, no comparison, sorry no justification on why one is better. Infact, not sure why we'd be going this far into a debate on such a trivial/forum folding post - GUYS YOU"RE COMPARING AN ECHO TO A BIMMER, just thought I'd remind everyone, and agree with the first few posts, pass the cheeba seems you've redlined it...

* Getting bashed or creating debate is the only response you should have expected, and or sneaking feedback on what others think of your move to 'justify' getting one... $62K and a bad tranny, damn-sure I'd be pissed too... I'd also expect this with any other car, some just aren't built 100%, expect the echonocar to have the same shit if buying first year, and probably driving it tough too.... c'mon you can't drive a 7 softly, at least I wouldn't... None the less a baby/house/commitment is better justification pursuant to a slander on why on earth you would trade 7 for a low-ford...

* Bimmers are in a class on their own, and the mods/chips/tuner work available to each owner gives them way more play than most cars, and the ability to customize without going nutty on costs, how many bimmers you know that look exactly alike, to the W. Now how many CLK/ML black paint with chrome trim/stock rims do you see, not too many are different, and the echo, well nevermind.

* my long two cents but good two cents, long live bimmers, die ford die!
** Agree with members to go with Honda or Acura if you really must put your bimmer enthusiasm to an end, not an echo dude, just can't see the switch, and I personaly think you'll go crazy comparing the room/quality of drive/4x4 go cart handling alone.

Best of luck w/moves, hope to see your enthusiasm for bimmers come back someday, and I hope a few other people reem you out for the echo bit, seems you are after a controversial post, so there=you have it, Bimmers don't suck, but 1% of them might have enough problems to actually want a Ford Echonocar over a nice 7, just what ARE the chances...

NC.

ncmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 09:17 AM   #51
Betray
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Betray Send a message via AIM to Betray Send a message via MSN to Betray
when it comes down to it.. none of these new cars that come out of factorys are built good these days.. seems like the more options you get the more your asking to get ****ed over.

ncmedia, i really wont downsize that much, even still i dont think i will trade this car in. Only way i would is for another new 7 or some sort of SUV.

Its just worries me to know i have problems this early in a cars life.

when i get this car repaired im gonna sit in my car let go off the gas and have the biggest smile on my face. (untill something else happens )

Last edited by Betray; 05-12-2005 at 09:24 AM.
Betray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:16 PM   #52
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

this is nuts!!!! I love bmws, they are gorgious! But i am not financially ready to get one. In fact I am dropping off my Peugeot project and getting just a car to get around, until i m done school and have my life in order. I was thinking of an echo too, I want something small, but most importantly new and worry free. Can anyone suggest a cheap car like that? LOL When I am done my studies, and well off, then I ll pick up a bmw or whatnot, but until now, just basic transport is fine! I don't care if i borrow my dad's 380 000km on the clock caravan, I still get around, and it beats the bus!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:49 PM   #53
chromius
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncmedia

* Lines, cosmetics, and curves on a bimmer are sexier than most women, letalone cars in this class.
* BMW=BringMyWallet is true, but with boards like this and others Bimmers are not that costly to mod, fix, or upgrade unless you go to BMW dealerships or ripoff shops, most don't.
* Enthusiasts that buy a bad apple from a dealer first year giving a thread this deep into an echo and trying to justify "BEAMERS SUCK" with "I NOW HAVE RESPONSIBILITIES" creates calls to action to defend the mediocre yet much loved middle upper class ride, especially on a bimmer forum, as far as I'm concerned, the ECHO can literally echo its way outta this forum, no relevance, no comparison, sorry no justification on why one is better. Infact, not sure why we'd be going this far into a debate on such a trivial/forum folding post - GUYS YOU"RE COMPARING AN ECHO TO A BIMMER, just thought I'd remind everyone, and agree with the first few posts, pass the cheeba seems you've redlined it...

* Getting bashed or creating debate is the only response you should have expected, and or sneaking feedback on what others think of your move to 'justify' getting one... $62K and a bad tranny, damn-sure I'd be pissed too... I'd also expect this with any other car, some just aren't built 100%, expect the echonocar to have the same shit if buying first year, and probably driving it tough too.... c'mon you can't drive a 7 softly, at least I wouldn't... None the less a baby/house/commitment is better justification pursuant to a slander on why on earth you would trade 7 for a low-ford...

* Bimmers are in a class on their own, and the mods/chips/tuner work available to each owner gives them way more play than most cars, and the ability to customize without going nutty on costs, how many bimmers you know that look exactly alike, to the W. Now how many CLK/ML black paint with chrome trim/stock rims do you see, not too many are different, and the echo, well nevermind.

** Agree with members to go with Honda or Acura if you really must put your bimmer enthusiasm to an end, not an echo dude, just can't see the switch, and I personaly think you'll go crazy comparing the room/quality of drive/4x4 go cart handling alone.

Best of luck w/moves, hope to see your enthusiasm for bimmers come back someday, and I hope a few other people reem you out for the echo bit, seems you are after a controversial post, so there=you have it, Bimmers don't suck, but 1% of them might have enough problems to actually want a Ford Echonocar over a nice 7, just what ARE the chances...

NC.
Well said

How is gods name could anyone compare an echo to a bimmer...That has to be the most insane comparo I have ever heard of in my entire life.

Not to mention the echo has to be the ugliest car I have ever seen too. I can think of a hundred other econo cars that would be a better choice...but that brings along another question...why the hell would you buy a 7 series if you are looking for an econo box?

every manufaturer has reliability problems with some of their cars, thats just the nature of mass produced autos.

If you really hate BMW's so much, then why are you here?

If you want an econo crapmobile then go buy one, but if you like driving, and you want a car that has incredible user response and feedback, get a BMW
Old 05-12-2005, 01:06 PM   #54
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Quote:

NC.

Not well said at all. There are so many things that u say taht are wrong.
Oh well....
Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 PM   #55
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
you show me a new "affordable" porsche and I'll show you my white S2000.
show me an s2000 and I'll show you a girly man
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:50 PM   #56
ncmedia
2nd Gear Member

Just when I thought I was out.... they pull me back in!

Thats the spirit! I wish you and your 7 well, as a last thought, will they let you trade the 7 for another one? May have just been a few from that assembly session that went bad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betray
when it comes down to it.. none of these new cars that come out of factorys are built good these days.. seems like the more options you get the more your asking to get ****ed over.

ncmedia, i really wont downsize that much, even still i dont think i will trade this car in. Only way i would is for another new 7 or some sort of SUV.

Its just worries me to know i have problems this early in a cars life.

when i get this car repaired im gonna sit in my car let go off the gas and have the biggest smile on my face. (untill something else happens )

Old 05-12-2005, 02:52 PM   #57
ncmedia
2nd Gear Member

errmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKETMAN
Not well said at all. There are so many things that u say taht are wrong.
Oh well....
From your profile:
Your car: don't have my own. (Volvo V70, Chrysler Town&Country)

right.....

Old 05-12-2005, 03:01 PM   #58
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
I agree Porsche is prob the best bang for the dolar sports car you could buy and reliability is there better then any other car in the price range. They used the block for GT3 and GT2 and TT from GT1 thats why most porsches run without a hitch of a problem with 600+ HP and are daily drivers.
Ryousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:08 PM   #59
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

Quote:
From your profile:
Your car: don't have my own. (Volvo V70, Chrysler Town&Country)

right.....
Whats that got to do with anything?? Explain plz.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #60
Nascar318is
6th Gear Member

Quote:
May have just been a few from that assembly session that went bad...
I hate those monday or friday cars....They tend to break down the most often.

1994 318is-Sold July 13th 2010.. Sad Sad Day
Nascar318is is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: