Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2005, 09:36 PM   #16
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860


If you want a cheap sub compact (under $15k).........Honda Fit will be released in Canada in Spring of '06. I talked to the local dealership where my dad bought his Accord.

I'm hoping that I will have a deposit on one of those when they start taking them.

Hell with some mods it looks way better than the Echo hatch!
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:42 PM   #17
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
What a sad thread. the honda kids are gonna love this.

Should see links to this page popping up just about everywhere. "LQQK, the BMW BOYS FINALLY REALIZE HOW SHIT THEY'RE CARS ARE"


how sad.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:51 PM   #18
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
What a sad thread. the honda kids are gonna love this.

Should see links to this page popping up just about everywhere. "LQQK, the BMW BOYS FINALLY REALIZE HOW SHIT THEY'RE CARS ARE"


how sad.
Well when insurance rates and cost of gas consistantly increase.........there will be nothing but compact cars out there.....besides for the uber rich.
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:57 PM   #19
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by M50E30
Well when insurance rates and cost of gas consistantly increase.........there will be nothing but compact cars out there.....besides for the uber rich.

Still not a good reason to post this on here.

You don't have to be uber rich to drive a bmw. If you're an enthusiast, you're an enthusiast. The way I see it, I don't smoke, I may aswell put money into a car i'll enjoy.

Thats an abstract example, but I see some people dropping $50/month on cigarettes, and then complaining about fuel prices!
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:03 PM   #20
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
Still not a good reason to post this on here.

You don't have to be uber rich to drive a bmw. If you're an enthusiast, you're an enthusiast. The way I see it, I don't smoke, I may aswell put money into a car i'll enjoy.

Thats an abstract example, but I see some people dropping $50/month on cigarettes, and then complaining about fuel prices!
WTF does smoking have to do with this thread? BTW the reason i'm selling my car and looking for a sub compact is because i'm getting married and need an apartment/house.

BTW....how old are you and do you still live with mom and dad?
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:10 PM   #21
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by M50E30
WTF does smoking have to do with this thread? BTW the reason i'm selling my car and looking for a sub compact is because i'm getting married and need an apartment/house.

BTW....how old are you and do you still live with mom and dad?
Read what I just wrote. People spend redicules money on stupidity (smoking) and still complain about things like gas prices and insurance.

I'm 20 years old, paid off my own car, paying for maintenance and insurance on my own, aswell as other expenses (phone bill, gym bill, internet etc)

I go to UofT and work full time.

Its all about priorities. I'm already putting money aside for a downpayment on a house. Just don't think that its appropriate to have a thread like this on a BMW website. If you can't afford to keep one because of other priorities, thats fine. Infact thats great because you have your head on straight.

But coming on maxbimmer and making a thread like this is not cool. Some enthusiast site this is. No wonder its a joke to so many other forums.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #22
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
But coming on maxbimmer and making a thread like this is not cool. Some enthusiast site this is. No wonder its a joke to so many other forums.
So you are saying it isn't right to bitch/rant about over priced parts just because it is a BMW and just because it is a 7 series.

What a bunch of crap......it is just a well built car.....thats it. BMW's shouldn't be expensive to maintain since Mercedes Benz's are cheaper to fix!

Don't get me wrong I love my car and i'm trying to keep it but in the long run there will be a tonne of sub compacts on the roads just like when the gas/insurance went up in the mid '60's.
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 10:37 PM   #23
sirex
King Sirex
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 9,832
mmmm gasoline
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:08 PM   #24
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!
 
Mitch555's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 3,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
What a sad thread. the honda kids are gonna love this.

Should see links to this page popping up just about everywhere. "LQQK, the BMW BOYS FINALLY REALIZE HOW SHIT THEY'RE CARS ARE"


how sad.
Who cares what anyone thinks or says bout this situation. It's the Internet. Who are Honda kids anyhow? They are dumb ricers. They are nobody's. Who cares what they have to say. Let them talk their shit. This is a BMW forum and Betray is expressing how he feels bout his BMW cuz it is giving him a problem just after purchasing it. You want everyone to hold out if they have something wrong with their BMW because their post will make it to a ricerboard and we'll be made fun of? It was a joke when he said he wanted to get a Toyota.
__________________


MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:44 PM   #25
d12
3rd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 336
i just prey i will be able to afford bm's and benz's for the rest of my life... it would sux big time to go back to honda
d12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #26
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?
 
bmdbley'sBro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: in your attic!
Posts: 4,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Lamb
I say go with the Echo. Every BMW board I have been to is riddled with countless threads where people have justify owning a BMW. Because it has become a car that needs justification. Can you say the same about the Echo? I don't think so; built for a purpose, and it fulfills it. End of story.



Here's to BMW:
ROFL URINATING WILDLY IN EVERY DIRECTION

I think you got it ass backwards dude.. the echo is a echo of a real car.
BMw's are built for a purpose and need no justification
echo's & washing machines have a purpose to; to be used as appliances.

if you have to ask you'll never know..



Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
Still not a good reason to post this on here.

You don't have to be uber rich to drive a bmw. If you're an enthusiast, you're an enthusiast. The way I see it, I don't smoke, I may aswell put money into a car i'll enjoy.

Thats an abstract example, but I see some people dropping $50/month on cigarettes, and then complaining about fuel prices!
"may aswell put money into a car i'll enjoy" which isn't a BMW..

when are you getting 1 man..?
__________________
bmdbley'sBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:21 AM   #27
Raging Lamb
?
 
Raging Lamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro
ROFL URINATING WILDLY IN EVERY DIRECTION

I think you got it ass backwards dude.. the echo is a echo of a real car.
BMw's are built for a purpose and need no justification
echo's & washing machines have a purpose to; to be used as appliances.

if you have to ask you'll never know..
Wow, that almost resembles an arguement. Why don't you try again.
__________________
NWS Signature Removed
Raging Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:38 AM   #28
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdbley'sBro

when are you getting 1 man..?

After the Jetta... I was very close to picking one up, but the vr6 was an offer I couldn't refuse.
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:39 AM   #29
Miguel
...Delt Smash
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Dudebridge
Posts: 10,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Lamb
I say go with the Echo. Every BMW board I have been to is riddled with countless threads where people have justify owning a BMW. Because it has become a car that needs justification. Can you say the same about the Echo? I don't think so; built for a purpose, and it fulfills it. End of story.

Here's to BMW:
I agree 100%.

BMW... not as reliable as Toyota, lexus, etc.
BMW... not as luxurious as mercedes...
BMW... not as fast as domestic cars in a straight line
BMW... not as good in the twisties as a subaru
BMW... not as cheap to buy as *.ahellofalotofcars

Bimmers are OK at everything and top of the class at nothing.
__________________
Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 12:40 AM   #30
A~G
Car Payment Free
 
A~G's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,581
Send a message via MSN to A~G
"justification" to drive a bmw?

This board is seriously suffering. Why the hell would you need justification to drive a BMW???
__________________



A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015