Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-11-2002, 07:18 PM   #1
Cem
2nd Gear Member

M3 E36 Vs M3 E30

Hi everyone...

Just wanted to ask the people who has already driven a M3 E36... I was with my friend and he gave me the keys of his 3.0 286 hp M3 E36... I have to admit, the engine works very well... The car goes real quick... but IT IS TOO LINEAR... I mean compared to my E30 M3, the power goes at approx 3500 or 4000 but in the E36... Impossible to notice a difference... it just pull pull pull... I like the E36 but I think the E30's engine is more funny to drive...

Maybe did I miss something ??

Please let me know...

Cem
Cem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2002, 09:02 PM   #2
SickFinga

I would say e30 m3 also looks better than e36.
I never driven euro m3 or e30 m3.
But it seems forever to pass 3k mark in my car, but after 3k it pulls like a mofo.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 04:51 AM   #3
Rutger
1st Gear Newbie

I think the difference has to do with comfort. A friend of mine has an E30 and I raced him quite a few times with my E36 M3, (also 286pk). The E36 is much more comfortable and that's why you think it isn't pulling great, you don't get the kick in the back like the E30 does, but you actually have that kick in the back with the E36 constantly!

The E46 M3 drives like the E46 as well, torque all along the way ... If you want a real kick in the back you should get a Turbo engine.
Rutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
KLZ
2nd Gear Member

I used to drive a E36 (Euro) M3, I love it very much. I've driven all kind of M3s (I mean types of engines), I find the E36 (euro286hp) M3 is one of the best. IMO, it is more fun to drive than the new E46 M3!!!
KLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2002, 10:37 PM   #5
Gamite

The thing I loved about the E30 M3 is the fact that it looks totally different than the normal E30.

The E36 is almost identical aside from bumpers and sideskirts.

the E46 is a bit better, with the hood bulge and wider fenders, but its still not as noticable as the E30 M3.

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2002, 03:36 AM   #6
Cem
2nd Gear Member

Yep right Gamite !

I gonna keep my E30... In fact, it is my girlfriend who does not like much much the E30 because of its look to particular and aggressive...

Ahhhlala, these girls, I tell you...

Cem
Cem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 02:17 PM   #7
M3Pilot
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite
The thing I loved about the E30 M3 is the fact that it looks totally different than the normal E30.

The E36 is almost identical aside from bumpers and sideskirts.

the E46 is a bit better, with the hood bulge and wider fenders, but its still not as noticable as the E30 M3.

You can go out and spend $$$$$$ on your new E36 M3 and your neihbour could have a 316 that looks exactly the same. You just don't get that with the E30 M3. When was the last time you saw one?
Now when was the Last time you saw an E36 M3!!!

Yes the E36 is quicker more comfortable, better brakes, but your much less apart of the car. You feels so connected in the E30 M3 it is a race car 1st, road car 2nd.
The E36 M3 is more of a mile eater. If you want a fast comfortable car you get and E36, if you want to be a total hooligan and go out and for some real driving experiance and then it's the E30 all the way.
The car begs to be driven hard, take it buy the scruff of the neck and thrash the ass off it, and it will love it.
These cars run so much better after a good hammering it's unreal.

I am some what biased i know but, once you drive one it's very hard not to love the car, and every M3 since has had just a little to much to live up to.

I think that the cars huge sucess on the track goes a long way to the legend that is the E30 M3.
Plus times have moved on and people don't want such a purpose bulit racer, but want the speed.

The E46 CSL is much more like the E30 and along with the GTR , and the only "REAL" M cars since IMO.

" If it all seems under control, your just not going fast enough!!!"

Last edited by M3Pilot; 09-30-2002 at 02:20 PM.
M3Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2002, 03:46 PM   #8
Gamite

Quote:
Originally posted by M3Pilot

You can go out and spend $$$$$$ on your new E36 M3 and your neihbour could have a 316 that looks exactly the same. You just don't get that with the E30 M3. When was the last time you saw one?
Now when was the Last time you saw an E36 M3!!!

Yes the E36 is quicker more comfortable, better brakes, but your much less apart of the car. You feels so connected in the E30 M3 it is a race car 1st, road car 2nd.
The E36 M3 is more of a mile eater. If you want a fast comfortable car you get and E36, if you want to be a total hooligan and go out and for some real driving experiance and then it's the E30 all the way.
The car begs to be driven hard, take it buy the scruff of the neck and thrash the ass off it, and it will love it.
These cars run so much better after a good hammering it's unreal.

I am some what biased i know but, once you drive one it's very hard not to love the car, and every M3 since has had just a little to much to live up to.

I think that the cars huge sucess on the track goes a long way to the legend that is the E30 M3.
Plus times have moved on and people don't want such a purpose bulit racer, but want the speed.

The E46 CSL is much more like the E30 and along with the GTR , and the only "REAL" M cars since IMO.
The GTR is out of this world, is it for sale in Europe yet?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 01:46 PM   #9
M3Pilot
2nd Gear Member

Im think the whole project got dumped becase of the huge restrictions they put on the car for this years eries. So BMW didn't want to play anymore and dumped the project.
Would have been a sweet car.
I'm glad the CSL made it though

" If it all seems under control, your just not going fast enough!!!"
M3Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: