Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-05-2005, 11:57 AM   #16
GregD
2nd Gear Member

Get the *best* education that you can, as early as you can, depending on your situation eg, university degree or top-notch technical training...learn as much as possible when you are as young as possible, because that knowledge and the status that goes along with it pays off every single year thereafter...
GregD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 03:10 PM   #17
Slammed 3Series
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slammed 3Series Send a message via AIM to Slammed 3Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36er
i want to be a Mechanic...im still in highschool (GRADING IN A MONTH) and am very much still interested..im gonna goto BCIT and take the 4 years Apprentiship, and as a night course i want to take Welding and possibly body work (while im doing the working part of the Apprentiship)

Im hopping to Basically know how to Weld, Body work, Paint, And be a mechanic..i want to work in different shops for about 5-10 years and then start my own OR join up with a fellow Mechanic...and a Modification shop/Store would be the best thing i would want.

Anything with cars rules and im gonna keep it that way....so put it this way

BMW Mechanic in the making!
I wish you good luck now man. One of my best friend's did 3 of the 4 semesters of the auto. tech. program at Centennial College then discovered, this is something he can't spend the rest of his life doing. It almost destoried the passion he had for cars. He's looking for something else now.

So I hope you enjoy it enough.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:34 PM   #18
m3polack
3rd Gear Member

i couldnt do that shit either.. being all dirty, greasy......
m3polack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 04:41 PM   #19
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
I'm studying architecture, hoping to get into specifying or inspecting buildings....
Now working for a flooring distributer

I agree with m3polack, I don't want to be all greasy wrinkly or whatever being a contractor, or an architect, studying all my life and then maybe not even getting a job, but I want to try...I would really want to start my business though...

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform

Last edited by BMW_7; 05-05-2005 at 04:44 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:16 PM   #20
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD
Get the *best* education that you can, as early as you can, depending on your situation eg, university degree or top-notch technical training...learn as much as possible when you are as young as possible, because that knowledge and the status that goes along with it pays off every single year thereafter...

if only I listend to my dad when he was telling me this a few years back.

the only way you can become rich fast is if a) you have some amazing business plan b) win the lotery because otherwise, IT WILL require alot of work, school work and the such. Like GregD said the more degrees you have under you belt/ marks to back it all up the more money you will make when you graduate, thats saying if you find the job.. But if you have good grades and a good degree/ masters you are pretty much untouchable ..

Last edited by sirex; 05-05-2005 at 05:21 PM.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:39 PM   #21
e36chick
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to e36chick
I wasted my college time taking something of no interest to me anymore, and with not much potential for good pay. (Parents told me not to, I didnt listen, I wanted the easy program) I work now for my parent's export business full time. I get into trouble money-wise a lot because I shop too much, I have trouble limiting my purchases and not enough goes into savings. I waste also a lot of money on lottery tickets and moronic get-rich-quick schemes.
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 05:53 PM   #22
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Real Estate Agent
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 07:41 PM   #23
Slammed 3Series
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slammed 3Series Send a message via AIM to Slammed 3Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirex
Like GregD said the more degrees you have under you belt/ marks to back it all up the more money you will make when you graduate, thats saying if you find the job.. But if you have good grades and a good degree/ masters you are pretty much untouchable ..
Exactly. If you get get a cert. or license for something then get it.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:44 PM   #24
Slammed 3Series
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3polack
i couldnt do that shit either.. being all dirty, greasy......
Nah, my buddy just got tired of working on other peoples pieces of shit.

That's exactly why I didn't do auto tech. myself, I wanted to till I thought to myself; I don't wanna work on someone's piece-o all day long and then come home and work on my car. That's just me though.

Personally I don't mind getting dirty or greasy, that's why I'm in tool and die. I like being a blue collar worker. I could never spend all day in an office at a computer.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:27 PM   #25
m3polack
3rd Gear Member

face it.. youll never make any REAL money working a 'job' for somebody.. You gotta have your OWN THING, OWN BUSINESS..

I dont need any degrees or university dimplomas for that shit, NOR did my dad.. he came to Canada with $60 bucks in his pocket and a high school education.... worked contruction and operates his own businesses now....

sch00ls for f00ls...
m3polack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:40 PM   #26
Slammed 3Series
2nd Gear Member

Keep thinking that bud.

I'm gonna have my own business started in a few years.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #27
sirex
King Sirex

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3polack
face it.. youll never make any REAL money working a 'job' for somebody.. You gotta have your OWN THING, OWN BUSINESS..

I dont need any degrees or university dimplomas for that shit, NOR did my dad.. he came to Canada with $60 bucks in his pocket and a high school education.... worked contruction and operates his own businesses now....

sch00ls for f00ls...

yeah right, schools for fools.. Maybe you should look at all those people that had businesses that failed. Not everyone becomes super succesfull. Most people that own business make just as much money as someone in a profesion that doesnt require busting there asses 100 hours a week.

And most of those realy super rich people that own big businesses have been really educated. You think that if you dont have some smarts you can just open a business and make millions? no, you got to know how to talk, you got to know how to run numbers, you got to be educated. And no high school drop out can pull that of.

Sure they can open a business and be succesful, making the same that a teacher makes and maybe some more.

my dad is a professor, he makes just as much as his friend does who owns a business. The difference is my dad works 10 months a year. While my dads friends work 12 months a year, busting there ass off every weekend and working more then a normal 9-5 job.

so its all up to you, bust your ass reading, or bust your back running around. In the end, its all the same. Of course, you can still fail at school and end up empty handed but with an education, at least you know something, without one, youve got nothing to fall back on.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #28
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed 3Series
I just finished my first year of college for tool and die machining. Also getting my CNC machining diaploma once my tool and die is done, it's only an extra year so why not.
From there, apperantaceship then maybe back to school for mechanical engineering.
Also going to get into custom fab. stuff this year I hope.
hahaha good luck the manufacting industery is one ruthless buisness! expect to be treated like shit and layed off if someone drops a dime on the ground
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #29
jeffrie
Addict

LOL your all bickering....... Just like at work.... Welfare eliminates all, if you live in Canada. Cash (under the table) is the economy........Easy to get with time. GL you'll need it.
I'm a tax payer beleive it r not but then again you all pay my salary anyway."If you have to work in life your a failure".LOL.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.

Last edited by jeffrie; 05-05-2005 at 09:50 PM.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #30
Slammed 3Series
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
hahaha good luck the manufacting industery is one ruthless buisness! expect to be treated like shit and layed off if someone drops a dime on the ground
I know man.
This is why I'm looking at doing the Mech Engineering, I can get a job state side through family. Do that for 10yrs or so then come back here and start my own custom fab business.
That's my idea at least.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: