Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
G2 ^ Full G differences ? Road test

I am going next week to get my full G and I know this topic was here so I have d Questions.

What is different from G2 oppose to going for G? I know about some high way part but I am wondering in the city. When they test you on the streets do they ask you anyhting different or many times to do ceratins things? Is it similar like G2 but highway part? Was G test easier for you and more relaxed?
Any info would be helpfull.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:12 PM   #2
Shuller1458
2nd Gear Member

Some extra parking and that's it. Just relax, it is the same.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

dunno as i remember, they asked me to do 3 way turn, then we went from one exit to another... and that was it... i got off easy.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:44 PM   #4
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

From what I remember G2 exit test is longer, highway portion. I just did M2 exit last week must be simillar... You have to do Emergency stops.
Old 04-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
sirex
King Sirex

bah this questions been asked a dozen times
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:56 PM   #6
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

^agreed but i understand it must be hard to search for it since it's just a one letter term he's looking for
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 10:37 PM   #7
lvan
6th Gear Member

^^^^ hahah ya man honestly but not many people mention like is it that harder then G2(G1 exit)...

Amg I think you ment 3 point turn.

I read the last thread about G but only one person actually said that he found G test easier...Anyhow All good.....

It's just that you expect some high science and then it's like a joke...IMO
Old 04-30-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

well from what i've read and from what frenz tell me.....G is the hardest where they break ur balls hardcore...a lot of ppl fail the first time....but then again JUST as many ppl say it's a breeze same shiat as g2 except u gotta merge ontothe highway which isn't difficult at all. so yea basically i reccomend just hoping for a coo person markin u...just be in control...be confident and make them feel safe. You will pass no problem

i am eligible for my G this july but i will not book it until november or dec. because i am quite busy
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:28 PM   #9
sirex
King Sirex

man, the driving instructor has nothing to with whether you pass or fail. And if there is a quota that has to be met, as in x ammount of peopl ehave to be failed, then just make sure you dont become part of that number. I had a pretty hardcore dude for my G tests, he didn't say much and seemed grumpy, regardless I only had one mistake.
Just do what you know is right, keep the bad habbits to a minimum, check your blindspots and you should be good to go.

the key is to make the instructor feel safe when he is in the vehicle with you.
sirex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 11:38 PM   #10
lvan
6th Gear Member

ya that is very true BUT I have the instructor that takes me at 10-00pm at night before the test. He drives the car and tells me the details and where I should pay attention.
Like there are certain spots that they test you on. My instructor knows every route where they take you .Like for example: on Vp and Lawrence they test people on two routes ,so basically He just took me for a spin to let me know what i should look for - for both of the routes.

That was pass from 1st time and most pepole pass 1st timer even for G test.That makes a huge difference.Like for the fact when you go for G2 I know where they will take you on vp/Law.There are chances that you can fail I mean but after doing that it's 93.4% pass

Last edited by lvan; 04-30-2005 at 11:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: