Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-02-2005, 11:02 AM   #31
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much. You all saying if he dealt with you and you had a good experience, then it cant be bad.

Well, let me tell you. IT CAN.
Thanks for letting us know that Captain obvious!

Have you ever personally dealt with Revshot for anything business related?

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:05 AM   #32
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much. You all saying if he dealt with you and you had a good experience, then it cant be bad.

Well, let me tell you. IT CAN.

I disagree with what RevShot did(AGAIN).
If he made an appointment with Paul's bro to come, he should've kept it.
Or at least give him a call and tell him he has a buyer right now, that can pick it up right now, and ask him if Paul's bro can meet with him earlier.
That would've been the best thing for both.
dont let your hate for me cloud your judment silly boy

if i were to do that tell him i have another buyer it would seem like im pressuring him into buying something he may not be 100% on, make this clear, i dont pressure anyone to buy my stuff, if they want it they can have it plain and simple. if paul's bro really wanted it he would have read people asking about it and got off his ass and came down asap! i shot him a PM right after to save a phone call and let him know that it was sold

i still dont see the point in this, if he was 100% i would have gladly held it for him, but for $150 buck steering wheel and the guy not 100% if he wants it, it goes to the first come first serve
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 11:19 AM   #33
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
Just for the record he was coming from Barrie and it was a religious holiday this weekend being Easter so that is why he could ot "get his ass up". Not everyone can drop everything and "get their ass up" as soon as something comes up for sale on maxbimmer, they may have previous obligations such as school, a job, or even family and or religious functions.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #34
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul540/m3
Just for the record he was coming from Barrie and it was a religious holiday this weekend being Easter so that is why he could ot "get his ass up". Not everyone can drop everything and "get their ass up" as soon as something comes up for sale on maxbimmer, they may have previous obligations such as school, a job, or even family and or religious functions.
S.O.L.

I have been burned too but life goes on.

One last question.....if you were in Jay's situation with a car that is currently being stripped down and someone slapped the asking price in your hand....wouldn't you take it?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:40 PM   #35
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
Just to answer your question- If I had made previous arrangements to meet someone at a certain time and place, I am a man of my word and would have been there with wheel in hand. At the very least if I wanted to change the arrangement in any way at all I would have the common courtesy to call the person I had made the plans with in the first place BEFORE changing the plans let alone selling the item. At least give the person that you had made an arrangement with and that had shown interest in the item the first right of refusal. Let them know that there is another deal on the table and let him make the decision if he wants it (eventhough he had stated that he wanted it and was not able to make the hike to burlington untill sunday night), don't make it for them by selling the item from under them. Thats just plain inconsiderate.

Thats what I would have done, but that doesn't really matter now does it???
Old 05-02-2005, 03:12 PM   #36
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul540/m3
Just to answer your question- If I had made previous arrangements to meet someone at a certain time and place, I am a man of my word and would have been there with wheel in hand. At the very least if I wanted to change the arrangement in any way at all I would have the common courtesy to call the person I had made the plans with in the first place BEFORE changing the plans let alone selling the item. At least give the person that you had made an arrangement with and that had shown interest in the item the first right of refusal. Let them know that there is another deal on the table and let him make the decision if he wants it (eventhough he had stated that he wanted it and was not able to make the hike to burlington untill sunday night), don't make it for them by selling the item from under them. Thats just plain inconsiderate.

Thats what I would have done, but that doesn't really matter now does it???

This is very true... although i have also been burned by people saying they will come look at the parts i was parting out a while back, i did loose out on potential sales, but in the end i sold everything, and i didn't have to be an dik about it just because someone else held up money infront of me!

I don't think that Revshot would've pressured paul's bro into buying the wheel if he called him and notified him that theres another buyer. It would've been the fair thing to do! and IMO what happened in this situation is VERY unprofessional!
Old 05-02-2005, 03:22 PM   #37
kontesto
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to kontesto Send a message via AIM to kontesto
Wow so there are other people besides me and Paul with knowledge of business ethics on this board. Thank god! I was starting to get worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A. Blackout
When Jay first started parting out his car, I bought his bumper off of him, and told him that I would take his skirts for sure, but he couldn't get them off the car in time to bring them to my house. He ended up holding them for me for a week, and I told him that I was going to pick them up 100% and made sure that I did it as soon as I could. I even think he got offers for more money while he still had them, but he held them for me even though a lot of people were asking for them. I think that he is a good guy to deal with since I did confirm I was buying them and he held onto them for me. So with my experience, I gave him a definate answer that I was taking the skirts and he kept his word. That is just my 2 cents
Buddy, I think you should read what you wrote once more. You told him you we're gonna buy the skirts and despite other offers he kept them for you. Now let's compare this to the situation in question, Paul's brother said he was gonna buy the skirts, and instead of keeping them like he did for you, he sold them to the higher offers. Do you still think he is "a good guy to deal with"?

And to the other posts above, I placed an item on hold yesterday at the Bay. I went in this morning, and guess what...it was still there! That's how you do business. If you have a verbal or written agreement, you abide by it.

Evidently, Revshot did not attend his business ethics classes.

KM
Old 05-02-2005, 08:20 PM   #38
bizzertour
2nd Gear Member

"If you have a verbal or written agreement, you abide by it." LOL!!!!!! money talks bull shit walks, is been that way since the beginning of currency. If there is no deposit on it, its not yours,sometimes that not even good these days I know.You guys preachering on this thread, business this business that, have probably never been screwed up the ass in business. When it happens to you, BUSINESS will have a whole new meaning that they don't teach in class. In life trust in no one but Jesus.

Last edited by bizzertour; 05-02-2005 at 08:25 PM.
bizzertour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 09:42 PM   #39
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesto

Buddy, I think you should read what you wrote once more. You told him you we're gonna buy the skirts and despite other offers he kept them for you. Now let's compare this to the situation in question, Paul's brother said he was gonna buy the skirts, and instead of keeping them like he did for you, he sold them to the higher offers. Do you still think he is "a good guy to deal with"?

KM
wtf r u smoking and reading? i did NOT sell that wheel at a higher price, i sold the wheel to someone who was interested for actually about a week ago then finally made a decision friday night. done sold 140 bucks in my pocket thanx for commin out

ill tell you what, since this caused so much shit let everyone start posting about how many people ask for things to go on hold then they never show.. ide love to see this section before more popular then the offtopic if everyone starting posting about that!
Old 05-02-2005, 10:32 PM   #40
kontesto
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to kontesto Send a message via AIM to kontesto
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
wtf r u smoking and reading? i did NOT sell that wheel at a higher price, i sold the wheel to someone who was interested for actually about a week ago then finally made a decision friday night. done sold 140 bucks in my pocket thanx for commin out
Umm Jay WTF are u smoking and reading? I was talking about skirts, where the hell did wheels come from?

KM
Old 05-03-2005, 06:05 AM   #41
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevShoT
dont let your hate for me cloud your judment silly boy
Trust me I don't hate you, but I'm gonna be honest, I don't highly of you either. I just been in situations like Paul was and I know its a bitch.
Just yesterday, I PMed a guy in that states saying I want Vader, I'll pay his asking price plus shipping. He agreed, and told me he'll have better close up pics later on. Well, I got an email later on, saying that after I agreed with his price that he found local buyers and he would sell seats to me if I pay more.
Well **** THAT.

Another story, guy was selling BBK, I said, I want it, find out shipping and I'll buy it from you. He said fine, same evening he emails me and says he sold it already.

Another, was also buying Vaders from a member here. He said 1000 for fronts, 1300 for front and back. I emailed him saying I want the front, he said fine come after work. I called him when he told me, he gave me address, I was on the way to his house, called again to tell him I'll be there in 5min, he said fine. He showed me the seats, I said cool, I'll get him.
Then he tells me, well I cant sell them to you buyer is coming to pick up front and rear. Well WTF, I called him twice at least he could've tell me not to come.

So yeah, I had similar experiences, and I believe buyer is WRONG and if has nothing to do whether I hate you or not.

I just disagree with what you've done with this transaction and I didn't want to bring it up with you rims transaction on bf.c

I dunno why Dave was jumping defending you there, while you were 100% at fault there. I do believe you that you had no idea that they were bent when you advertised them not being bent, but at least you could've refund the guy and ask for the rims back.

Mitch, no I haven't dealt with RevShot, but I don't really have to do it after there have been enough reviews posted about him.
Even though most of his transaction were good, it take just one to screw up your reputation.
Would I deal with him? Probably, but heck, I dealt with RMS (which actually went really smooth for me)

Another good example is Miguel.
He sold his 5 spoke wheels on ebay. When buyer said they were bent, Miguel refunded the guy, and took his wheels back.
Another one, and again Miguel. Miguel sold his ACS wheels to the guy in states. FedEx lost one wheel, so what Miguel does is refunding the guy back, even though he is not at fault there, and takes a hit by losing a rim and ending up with pretty much unsellable set of 3 wheels.

Now that's a guy I'll deal anytime.

Again RevShot, I'm posting what I think. There were bad reviews posted for a couple of guys I know, and if they were wrong in their dealing, I posted in those threads too saying that.

P.S. with just a 30sec courtesy call this mess wouldn't happen. Too bad you didnt do it

Last edited by SickFinga; 05-03-2005 at 06:22 AM.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:36 AM   #42
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

well i didnt have paul's bro's # to begin with so that would be why i PM'd paul like minuites after the guy left so that he wouldnt waste his time deciding on the wheel

but to each his own, its a 140 buck sterring wheel if i was selling my whole car i would have deffinitially held it for see but when im parting my car out already half the parts on my car are on hold for people
Old 05-03-2005, 11:16 AM   #43
Soldo
6th Gear Member

Dude, your wrong. Just admit to it. Appologize for wasting the guys time, and people might begin to have some faith in you as a seller again!
Old 05-03-2005, 02:35 PM   #44
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

Kontesto,
If you actually read my post, I was stating my experience with him. I did not say that I agree with what he did, or didn't do. I verbally told Jay that I was going to buy the skirts for sure, without seeing them, and the money was as good as in his hands. I have sold many things and if someone told me that they wanted it and were going to buy it then I would hold it for them. If someone says I think I will take it but I have to think about it first, then I would say first come first serve. I am not defending what Jay did, nor am I saying that he did something wrong. I was just stating my experience with him and my opinion after reading both posts from both people, and yes I do have business ethics. I would be pissed as well if he had sold it even though I told him I was going to buy it.
A.K.A. Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 04:22 PM   #45
RevShoT
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
Dude, your wrong. Just admit to it. Appologize for wasting the guys time, and people might begin to have some faith in you as a seller again!
admit what? i was not going to hold out for a mabey sale vs a deffinite sale

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: