Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Private Classifieds Feedback
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2005, 05:06 AM   #16
A.K.A. Blackout
BLACKOUT

When Jay first started parting out his car, I bought his bumper off of him, and told him that I would take his skirts for sure, but he couldn't get them off the car in time to bring them to my house. He ended up holding them for me for a week, and I told him that I was going to pick them up 100% and made sure that I did it as soon as I could. I even think he got offers for more money while he still had them, but he held them for me even though a lot of people were asking for them. I think that he is a good guy to deal with since I did confirm I was buying them and he held onto them for me. So with my experience, I gave him a definate answer that I was taking the skirts and he kept his word. That is just my 2 cents
A.K.A. Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:56 AM   #17
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
It's called business ethics, and you know you can't expect the same courtesy from others that you yourself provide, my mistake. I'm not name calling or anything but with those types of practices your not going to get very far in the business world I can assure you of that.
Thanks Kontesto, at least someone on this board has some common courtesy left.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:23 AM   #18
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Jay's wingman, Dave e30m50 has done the same thing thats why he's backin him up.

When i wanted to purchase his wheels, I called on a sunday saying I wanna gonna come down right away, he was like the wheels are still on the car and its in the body shop (nice way to try and sell something) So I said ill come the next weekend. I got a pm during the week saying he sold em.

Yes money talks, but wtf niagra isn't exactly a 30min drive, money would have been in his hands if the wheels were available.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:34 AM   #19
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
Jay's wingman, Dave e30m50 has done the same thing thats why he's backin him up.

When i wanted to purchase his wheels, I called on a sunday saying I wanna gonna come down right away, he was like the wheels are still on the car and its in the body shop (nice way to try and sell something) So I said ill come the next weekend. I got a pm during the week saying he sold em.

Yes money talks, but wtf niagra isn't exactly a 30min drive, money would have been in his hands if the wheels were available.
Your a tool. If you wanted them so damn bad you would have got of your lazy ass and put a deposit on them (and I would have given you a recipt). So money talks when it is in MY hands!

As for being in the bodyshop.........they were covered so no overspray could get on them.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:37 AM   #20
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by M50E30
Your a tool. If you wanted them so damn bad you would have got of your lazy ass and put a deposit on them (and I would have given you a recipt). So money talks when it is in MY hands!

As for being in the bodyshop.........they were covered so no overspray could get on them.
Ok like im gonna drive 2-3 hours and back to give you a deposit.
Regardless its over who cares now, im happy i didin't buy em.

Name calling?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #21
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30
Ok like im gonna drive 2-3 hours and back to give you a deposit.
Regardless its over who cares now, im happy i didin't buy em.

Name calling?
I guess you didn't want those super rare E30 ROH wheels that bad. Hell I even tried to buy them back from biotek and he burned me. I told him that I wanted them and then he sold them to someone else.

Oh well......easy come....easy go. I have better wheels in mind if I keep my car.

As for the name calling.......you started. Remember "wingman"...WTF is that? Are you still in grade school?
Old 04-30-2005, 11:52 AM   #22
kontesto
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to kontesto Send a message via AIM to kontesto
Actually, I've seen alot of department stores where they will hold something for you either till the end of the day, or till the next day and they do not go sell something behind your back

KM
Old 04-30-2005, 03:27 PM   #23
E36er
West Coast Contact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kontesto
Actually, I've seen alot of department stores where they will hold something for you either till the end of the day, or till the next day and they do not go sell something behind your back

KM

and how many of these peaple will acctually come.

My parents own an store and people always ask to put stuff on hold, and i wouldnt have to say 30-40% of the people acctualy come and pick them up.

i think ReV could have called pauls bro and told him, but if someone else CAME to him and paid him straight up, what can ya do!
Old 04-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #24
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
First come first serve, I don't think there is anything wrong with what happened here. Unfortunatley, a lot of people dick around and can't actually afford with what they are claiming they want to buy......(not saying this happened here)....When I was selling my E36 had a couple of big talkers that obviously were lookin for a beat the crap out of the car ride.....

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:17 PM   #25
Paul540/m3
BMW Individual

Send a message via MSN to Paul540/m3
This is like beating a dead horse
this issue is done and I'm not going to waste anymore time on this, people can take what they want from this thread but it still doesn't change the way I feel about the matter and transaction ( or lack there of)

PS- I can assure you that $100 steering wheel is the least of my worries financially
Old 04-30-2005, 11:07 PM   #26
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

I've never had a problem dealing with Revshot before and by the looks of it I don't think I ever will. He has been a great help to me and is very useful with info and he's honest. I think a lot of you guys judge a book by it's cover. He's not as bad as you guys make him to be. I have met him in person and he's not the goof you believe that he is. He's kind enough to give me a great price on a few parts and I am picking them up off of him this Sunday in Burlington and I know he won't sell off what I need to someone else!

I can vouch for whoever said that there are people on max that say they are 100% on a sale and they don't show up and never talk to you again. MOST OF MY SALES HAVE FALLEN THROUGH DUE TO THESE.... "I'm 100% sure I that I will take your _______." clowns on max. Talk is cheap!! As I don't know the situation 100%... even if the wheel was promised to Paul's brother I don't blame Revshot for selling the product to someone else as max has a great rep for people who do not keep their word on buying things from other members when they say they will, and people need to make money instead of waiting around a few weeks for the supposed buyer to show up and pay for his product. People have bills to pay, and money doesn't grow on trees! But as per my own experience, I couldn't see Revshot doing such things.

NOTE: I am not taking sides. These are just situations that I have ACTUALLY gone through with people and I am not speaking out of my ass. They are facts.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.

Last edited by Mitch555; 04-30-2005 at 11:11 PM.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 12:29 AM   #27
SickFinga

I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much. You all saying if he dealt with you and you had a good experience, then it cant be bad.

Well, let me tell you. IT CAN.

I disagree with what RevShot did(AGAIN).
If he made an appointment with Paul's bro to come, he should've kept it.
Or at least give him a call and tell him he has a buyer right now, that can pick it up right now, and ask him if Paul's bro can meet with him earlier.
That would've been the best thing for both.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:05 AM   #28
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
^^^ That is fair. Call the guy and warn him that the stuff will be sold and at same time tell other dude that he can pick it up in case of no show up.(Enetertaining both offers and deal smarty.)

From my point of view ,I think Jay kinda figured out that pauls bro is kinda laid back or will maybe not come so he just sold it.

Usually when these lil things come in to play ,it's all first come first served.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:20 AM   #29
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
I dont get it, why people protecting RevShot so much.
Nobody is "protecting" him. If 95% of the people on this board were not stupid about buying stuff then I would have sold my car 2 years ago about five times over. Last time I checked maXbimmer isn't a store with policies.

First person to come up with the cash gets the parts.

So as I stated above to another member.....if you want the parts that damn bad then get the money and get your butt in gear and pick it up ASAP.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:37 AM   #30
bimmer325
2nd Gear Member

I Agree..
Money talk..
bimmer325 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: