Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-28-2005, 11:31 PM   #1
Gamite

China coppies BMW 6 series

and they also coppied Rolls Royce.

LOL China copies EVERYTHING~!!

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:34 PM   #2
windsorbmw
Pedal to the metal!

wow, they do everything over there....they got BALLS!
windsorbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 11:43 PM   #3
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Holy shit, they took the rolls and changed the headlights. Damn they're trying to be like Koreans now....with their car designs

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:04 AM   #4
EricTsang
2nd Gear Member

commie car

who'd buy that knockoff in HK?
EricTsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 12:40 AM   #5
Slammed 3Series
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Slammed 3Series Send a message via AIM to Slammed 3Series
I was gonna say maybe Kia or Hyundai are making them.

Actually I think too many cars look alike these days.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:39 AM   #6
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

My management professor had an interesting discussion about copy-cars from China. Althrough they might be obvious ugly knockoffs, be super unsafe and be horribly unreliable, he suspects that they will still be popular in North America because, in the end, their price will be their bottom line. You can probably get Chinese sub-compact, brand new for around $5000 and a full size car from $7000.

For the people who want nothing more than a no frills A-B car, which is the gross majority of car owners today, $5000 for a brand new car would be a no-brainer to them. Even if the car were only to last 3 years and be scrapped, it would still cost less than the depreciation on a comparible, 3-year old domestic car.

This is really a market segment that is totally untapped by new-car manufacturers- which is currently exclusively used-cars.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:42 AM   #7
tominizer
6th Gear Member

Who cares....... I'd throw it to that chick standing beside the car
tominizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #8
WASABI
OG

need more pics of the first one, looks like Chrysler Crossfire copy to me.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:56 AM   #9
bostonwhaler1
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
For the people who want nothing more than a no frills A-B car, which is the gross majority of car owners today, $5000 for a brand new car would be a no-brainer to them. Even if the car were only to last 3 years and be scrapped, it would still cost less than the depreciation on a comparible, 3-year old domestic car.

This is really a market segment that is totally untapped by new-car manufacturers- which is currently exclusively used-cars.
Great. Disposable cars. I'm sure the environment LOVES this idea. Seems to go a little bit against the whole "reduce waste" idea that the world is going for right now. Making cars more affordable is a bad idea in my mind (for many reasons), especially THAT much more affordable.
bostonwhaler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:50 AM   #10
Rampage
6th Gear Member

Ugly cars, IMO - I remember seeing a show on Speed I think it was, were they were looking at some of the new Chinese cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonwhaler1
Great. Disposable cars. I'm sure the environment LOVES this idea.
Why is our society so into 'disposable' everthing?

Everything from cleaning supplies to cell phones, and now cars!

Use it, then throw it away. It just creates so much waste
Old 04-29-2005, 12:46 PM   #11
Soldo
6th Gear Member

haha, i love that..... they're pretty much allowed to copy cars. They make a lot of cars that look very similar to American cars and the american company can't say anything cause if they do, the would just boot the american cars outta the country all together and the car industry can't afford to loose that market!
Old 04-29-2005, 04:52 PM   #12
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

There are rumors that China will start shipping their cars to the US market in about 5 years.
They want to be like what Hyundai did when they started about 10 years ago
new_e46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
Manimillion
Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
haha, i love that..... they're pretty much allowed to copy cars. They make a lot of cars that look very similar to American cars and the american company can't say anything cause if they do, the would just boot the american cars outta the country all together and the car industry can't afford to loose that market!
They aren't allowed, if they really get annoyed by it they can bring up an action in "intellectual property rights" and it would be under "industrial design". basically they would have to prove that the reasonable consumer will get confused and wouldn't be able to distinguish one from an other.
Old 04-29-2005, 06:42 PM   #14
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonwhaler1
Great. Disposable cars. I'm sure the environment LOVES this idea. Seems to go a little bit against the whole "reduce waste" idea that the world is going for right now. Making cars more affordable is a bad idea in my mind (for many reasons), especially THAT much more affordable.
Modern cars are Meant to have a sghorter life span so that they break down faster. There is a reason why you will see a E30 reach 400,000 km before you see a E46 do the same thing. Cars are becoming more complex and technology is moving way too fast to support the idea of people sticking out with one car.

Most people, though, will sell their 10-year old car not because the car keeps breaking down, chances are that it's still mechanically sound, it's because the technology moves way too fast and people want cutting edge features. Why should car manufacturers spend more money to make their cars ultra durable and longer lasting?

Most Korean cars get redesigned every year, and it's the most Current design of the cars that keeps the cars selling.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: