Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Other BMW Parts
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-09-2002, 08:51 AM   #1
Matthew C Smith
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to Matthew C Smith
FS: Carbon Fiber Roundel Stickers (Hood, trunk, and now WHEELS)

I've completed another set of roundel sticker for the hood and trunk. I also have stickers for the wheel roundels.

Here's a link to my webpage for all of the info http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~smithm3...ndels/index.htm

The price is set at $12 for enough stickers to cover 2 roundels (hood and trunk) including shipping to anywhere in the US.
The price for the wheel roundels is $17 for enough stickers to cover all 4 roundels including shipping to anywhere in the US.

If you purchase both together the price is $28.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions AHSprite78@aol.com

Click the picture to see my NEWLY REDESIGNED webpage

Carbon Fiber Roundels are BACK
Matthew C Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:06 PM   #2
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
Re: FS: Carbon Fiber Roundel Stickers (Hood, trunk, and now WHEELS)

Quote:
Originally posted by Matthew C Smith

I've completed another set of roundel sticker for the hood and trunk. I also have stickers for the wheel roundels.

Here's a link to my webpage for all of the info http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~smithm3...ndels/index.htm

The price is set at $12 for enough stickers to cover 2 roundels (hood and trunk) including shipping to anywhere in the US.
The price for the wheel roundels is $17 for enough stickers to cover all 4 roundels including shipping to anywhere in the US.

If you purchase both together the price is $28.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions AHSprite78@aol.com
Sorry buddy, hate to burst your bubble. But you can get those stickers for $10cdn here for a sheet of 1ftx1ft approx. Enough for many many roudles and wheels. Also, the real carbon fiber roudells are only $25Cdn here.

So are the stickers simply stuck ontop? If you took the time to stick it under the clear plastic thats a different story.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 09:23 PM   #3
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca

Re: Re: FS: Carbon Fiber Roundel Stickers (Hood, trunk, and now WHEELS)

Quote:
Originally posted by MTRD
...the real carbon fiber roudells are only $25Cdn here...
Are the "real ones" one piece or stickers? If they are one piece...Where can you get them?

Thanx,
Dave
Old 09-09-2002, 09:37 PM   #4
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
i want em 2! the $10cdn ones

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2002, 10:12 PM   #5
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Wow! I should start my own for sale thread! Anyways, you guys can get them at Pacific mall (kenndy & steeles) or 1st markham place (Hwy 7, between warden and woodbine).
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 09-09-2002, 10:14 PM   #6
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Re: Re: Re: FS: Carbon Fiber Roundel Stickers (Hood, trunk, and now WHEELS)

Quote:
Originally posted by M50E30

Are the "real ones" one piece or stickers? If they are one piece...Where can you get them?

Thanx,
Dave
I've seen them and they don't look like stickers. You can actually see the weve of carbon fiber.. whether or not its real carbon fiber or not is a different story. Anyways, not sticker for sure.

Bryan

Old 09-19-2002, 08:27 PM   #7
Matthew C Smith
2nd Gear Member

The main selling point for most people is that they fit perfectly. You can't tell they're there unless you get up very close to see the edge where the sticker has been laid.

I'm not sure what you mean by the clear plastic comment, but they don't need any sort of coating on them. I've been running them for about a year now and even through the winter they didn't lift, move, discolor, or chip.

Old 09-19-2002, 09:58 PM   #8
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
The main selling point for most people is that they fit perfectly. You can't tell they're there unless you get up very close to see the edge where the sticker has been laid.

I'm not sure what you mean by the clear plastic comment, but they don't need any sort of coating on them. I've been running them for about a year now and even through the winter they didn't lift, move, discolor, or chip.
You know on the stock emblem? The BMW symbol is actually under a round peice of clear plastic. The ones they sell in stores the sticker is under that clear plastic layer, meaning the sticker cannot be peeled off.

Bryan

Old 09-19-2002, 10:03 PM   #9
Matthew C Smith
2nd Gear Member

Quote:

You know on the stock emblem? The BMW symbol is actually under a round peice of clear plastic. The ones they sell in stores the sticker is under that clear plastic layer, meaning the sticker cannot be peeled off.

Bryan
so they must have put another layer on to it. Interesting.

I wonder how they keep it flat around the sandwiched sticker's edge. Any idea?

Did they make an entire new sticker for the whole roundel?

Old 09-19-2002, 10:15 PM   #10
Lil'Smoothie

yeah i need a cheap fix
my badges are embarassing.....

pacific mall ehhh?
Old 09-19-2002, 10:25 PM   #11
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:

so they must have put another layer on to it. Interesting.

I wonder how they keep it flat around the sandwiched sticker's edge. Any idea?

Did they make an entire new sticker for the whole roundel?
I don't know, its sold as a retail product everywhere in Toronto. It looks exactly like stock only the blue portion of the roundell is carbon fiber. It doesn't look like a sticker at all. I have no clue how they did it. Anyways, here is what I did on my previous '92 318 before it went to heaven.

It's just blackout tape from Canadian Tire, the fit is perfect if you can trace it from an emblem then cut it out. Very easy, the same can be done with the carbon fiber stickers.

Bryan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc08482.jpg (59.9 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by Autotechnica; 09-19-2002 at 10:29 PM.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:28 PM   #12
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
yeah i need a cheap fix
my badges are embarassing.....

pacific mall ehhh?
Yep, or 1st markham place (Hwy 7 and woodbine)

You can get Alpina, Racing Dynamics, M3, AC Schnitzer, carbon fiber BMW or M3 roundells all for $25Cdn each.

Bryan

Old 09-20-2002, 11:31 AM   #13
DunDan
3rd Gear Member

Quote:

You can get Alpina, Racing Dynamics, M3, AC Schnitzer, carbon fiber BMW or M3 roundells all for $25Cdn each.
Damn I guess they raised their prices recently....I saw them for $35.95 now. Looks pretty good tho.
Old 09-20-2002, 11:31 PM   #14
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Quote:
Originally posted by DunDan

Damn I guess they raised their prices recently....I saw them for $35.95 now. Looks pretty good tho.
Really? Shouldn't be. If you went to Pacific Mall make sure you go to "Station 28". If you go to 1st markham place, go to "option" They actually have it there for like $20.

Bryan

Old 09-21-2002, 06:42 PM   #15
Gamite

Confirmed, goto First Markham place, Option Auto, they sell the badges for $20 each, the alpina one is VERY nice..

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: