Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-29-2005, 09:17 PM   #31
BMWags
6th Gear Member
 
BMWags's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Posts: 2,558


Quote:
Originally Posted by M50E30

I think it is great that people can express their culture in this country but to change a Canadian culture to accommodate their culture is just rude.

read my mind
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:18 PM   #32
RevShoT
6th Gear Member
 
RevShoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 4,822
Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
i love canada, i can run down the street bare assed screaming racial slurs with a monter boner while eating a klondike bar and only get a slap on the wrist
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:19 PM   #33
mkgino
6th Gear Member
 
mkgino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Toronto
Posts: 7,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
Not at all.

I speak my heart, and if you don't like it or can't handle it, I couldn't care less cuz you're a weak human being. It feels go good to just say whatever I feel like saying to someone. It really relaxes me deep down inside when I am honest and straight up.

Our society is full of pussies that are too afraid to say anything that they REALLY want to say so they beat around the bush and try and make it sound good when saying something. Then if you tell someone something straight up they get all mad or they try and distance themselves away from you like you are a bad person or they try and fight you cuz they can't handle you being straight up. Little girls!

Our society needs to change their panties to boxers. You won't get anywhere in life by beating around the bush. You'll just be fooling yourself.
muslims are the reason the world is going to shit
__________________
mkgino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:23 PM   #34
RevShoT
6th Gear Member
 
RevShoT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Niagara Falls
Posts: 4,822
Send a message via MSN to RevShoT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino
muslims are the reason the world is going to shit
*insert devil face here*

with shify eyes
RevShoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:23 PM   #35
e36chick
6th Gear Member
 
e36chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: scarborough
Posts: 1,989
Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino
muslims are the reason the world is going to shit
care to back that up with...anything?
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #36
M50E30
www.bmwclub.ca
 
M50E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Niagara Falls, ON, Canada
Posts: 4,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgino
muslims are the reason the world is going to shit
That is not true. It is the few extremists in any culture that ruins it for the many.

As an example:

I have a friend that is a Jehovah's Witness. I didnt' know untill years later.

My friend explained that the Jehovah's Witness that shows up to your door trying to push the religion is an extremist and it ruins their reputation.

So don't be quick to judge others without knowing the facts!
__________________
M50E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 09:25 PM   #37
e36chick
6th Gear Member
 
e36chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: scarborough
Posts: 1,989
Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuller1458
People choose their soical grops by CHOICE not forced by government. So if I like social group but don't like another (for example black people), why is it soppose to be illigal to tell someone that you don't like them because just WHO they trully are. Black, white, desabled, gey...

You don't like bananna, you say "no thanks, I don't like the taste and I feel sick sometimes"

I don't like black calture, so that is what I say. But I do not participate and touch them.

That is not racism, that is preferance of your surroundings. That's how the whole earth works, and we have to change it? no way.
1. Learn to spell, or use spellcheck.

2. Political correctness isnt about legality, so i'm not sure where you get the idea it's "illegal" to tell someone you dont like them.

3. When you (above) turn down a banana, you say you dont like the taste. Do you actually have any basis on not "preferring" the black race, or are you just categorizing?
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 01:30 AM   #38
Shuller1458
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
1. Learn to spell, or use spellcheck.

2. Political correctness isnt about legality, so i'm not sure where you get the idea it's "illegal" to tell someone you dont like them.

3. When you (above) turn down a banana, you say you dont like the taste. Do you actually have any basis on not "preferring" the black race, or are you just categorizing?
1. ok, I will try to be better.

2. Really? I don't think so, I have been through school so I know what words "negro" and "hey you look sexy today in that very short dress" can do to you. Police been involved once.

3. Sure I do. I don't like the whole idea the way black people treach each other, it looks to me very immature, like 12-14 kids bulling and showing off. It's is like the only way to express themselves and get respect. I have some black freinds. It is all about probability. Chances to find a person who is LIKE me among black people is very very small, where as among white folks it is quite likely. I have no problem with SKIN colour, I have confrontations with WAYS OF LIVING and HUMAN INTERACTIONS.
__________________
Suzuki power!!!
Shuller1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:14 AM   #39
e36chick
6th Gear Member
 
e36chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: scarborough
Posts: 1,989
Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuller1458
1. ok, I will try to be better.

2. Really? I don't think so, I have been through school so I know what words "negro" and "hey you look sexy today in that very short dress" can do to you. Police been involved once.

3. Sure I do. I don't like the whole idea the way black people treach each other, it looks to me very immature, like 12-14 kids bulling and showing off. It's is like the only way to express themselves and get respect. I have some black freinds. It is all about probability. Chances to find a person who is LIKE me among black people is very very small, where as among white folks it is quite likely. I have no problem with SKIN colour, I have confrontations with WAYS OF LIVING and HUMAN INTERACTIONS.
Fair enough, you are entitled to your own beliefs. Question though, how do your black friends take to your outspoken view on their race?
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:23 AM   #40
e36chick
6th Gear Member
 
e36chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: scarborough
Posts: 1,989
Send a message via MSN to e36chick
Another thing too, is that ways of living and social behaviour all stem from socio-economic status. People who were raised among any human attribute, be it violence, greed, generosity, kindness or vengeance, will more than likely adapt those characteristics to their own ways of life, and so will their children. This isnt necessarily a colour/ race related issue. On the other hand, you have to look at the kinds of people who live in poverty. Poverty is the foundation for negative behaviours to be built upon. Would you say that in Toronto, there is a higher incidence of black people or white people living in poverty?

People need to look at the bigger picture, rather than classifying everyone as "immature" and so unworthy of friendship and trust.
e36chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:39 AM   #41
ThE bRoWn GuY
2nd Gear Member
 
ThE bRoWn GuY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Toronto
Posts: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuller1458
1. ok, I will try to be better.

2. Really? I don't think so, I have been through school so I know what words "negro" and "hey you look sexy today in that very short dress" can do to you. Police been involved once.

3. Sure I do. I don't like the whole idea the way black people treach each other, it looks to me very immature, like 12-14 kids bulling and showing off. It's is like the only way to express themselves and get respect. I have some black freinds. It is all about probability. Chances to find a person who is LIKE me among black people is very very small, where as among white folks it is quite likely. I have no problem with SKIN colour, I have confrontations with WAYS OF LIVING and HUMAN INTERACTIONS.
Now your last statement is the epitomy of a generalization. You are going to tell me that when 12-14 white kids get together there is no chance that they may bully and show off? This is solely the genetic disposition of black people? I don't know if your experiences with black people are mainly through movies and music videos, but I have yet to view any of the things you proclaim... The reason your chances to find a person who is 'LIKE' you among black people is slim, is due to your views. If you voice these generalizations, no black person would be receptive to anything you state, and will most likely be confrontive with you. Another reason would be due to the prejudice you enter the conversation with, you close your mind before even communicating. I wouldn't necessarily say that you have racist views, but ignorant generalizations.

Not trying to assume anything, but have you grown up with your black friends? If so then the reason you feel they are like you is because you knew them before your prejudice set in. If not, then its solely because you subsided your prejudice to see the true person, and not your assumption. If you only do this with each person you meet regardless of colour, you will realize we are not that different.

Last edited by ThE bRoWn GuY; 04-30-2005 at 03:09 AM.
ThE bRoWn GuY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:29 PM   #42
Shuller1458
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE bRoWn GuY
Now your last statement is the epitomy of a generalization. You are going to tell me that when 12-14 white kids get together there is no chance that they may bully and show off? This is solely the genetic disposition of black people? I don't know if your experiences with black people are mainly through movies and music videos, but I have yet to view any of the things you proclaim... The reason your chances to find a person who is 'LIKE' you among black people is slim, is due to your views. If you voice these generalizations, no black person would be receptive to anything you state, and will most likely be confrontive with you. Another reason would be due to the prejudice you enter the conversation with, you close your mind before even communicating. I wouldn't necessarily say that you have racist views, but ignorant generalizations.

Not trying to assume anything, but have you grown up with your black friends? If so then the reason you feel they are like you is because you knew them before your prejudice set in. If not, then its solely because you subsided your prejudice to see the true person, and not your assumption. If you only do this with each person you meet regardless of colour, you will realize we are not that different.

I compleatly agree with you. But you have a small flaw. you saying:
"the prejudice you enter the conversation with, you close your mind before even communicating. "
My words:
"I have no problem with SKIN colour, I have confrontations with WAYS OF LIVING and HUMAN INTERACTIONS."
What I ment was that I try to AVOID an interaction or first conversation with a person I think might me not "like" me. But if I actually talk to him/her I will defenatly NOT prejudge him, but rather evaluate while we speak.

Think about it: you have two feilds of potatos. On one field the probability to find potato is small (one potatoin 10 minutes) another feild is full of the (one potato in every 30 seconds). Where will you go gather potatoes?Exactly.

The end result is the same, you have potatoes, but the time and energy applied to find these potatoes, is different.

I do not PATHETICALLY restric myself from intaraction with othjer races (****ed up racists), but rather "step away" from intaraction.

Tha's why I like forums and internet, there are no racial or social "coeficient" in conversation, which can influence the outcome of the conversation. ONLY your true logic and who you are present in the internet. (if you are lieer it is different story)

I do not care is a "person" is litterally a white lab mouse with internet access.
__________________
Suzuki power!!!
Shuller1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #43
Shuller1458
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by e36chick
Another thing too, is that ways of living and social behaviour all stem from socio-economic status. People who were raised among any human attribute, be it violence, greed, generosity, kindness or vengeance, will more than likely adapt those characteristics to their own ways of life, and so will their children. This isnt necessarily a colour/ race related issue. On the other hand, you have to look at the kinds of people who live in poverty. Poverty is the foundation for negative behaviours to be built upon. Would you say that in Toronto, there is a higher incidence of black people or white people living in poverty?

People need to look at the bigger picture, rather than classifying everyone as "immature" and so unworthy of friendship and trust.
Here I have to disagree with you, my friend. Revenue Canada has secret statistics which shows the problems associated with different races living in the country.

If statistically, poor black population makes more crime then poor or rich population of white people or middle east. That's got to tell you something, that not only poverty is influencing (sp) crime, but additionally social surounding (sertain ethnical community) and cultural belongings.

If Jane and Finch is populated mostly by black people and that is where alot of small crime is happening compard to the whole city, it tells you something. Compared to the other poor region of city (fro example mine: DinMills and Eglinton, mostly populated by NEWCOMMERS from middle east), where crime the crime is almost doesn't exist.
__________________
Suzuki power!!!
Shuller1458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:57 PM   #44
Raging Lamb
?
 
Raging Lamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuller1458
If statistically, poor black population makes more crime then poor or rich population of white people or middle east. That's got to tell you something, that not only poverty is influencing (sp) crime, but additionally social surounding (sertain ethnical community) and cultural belongings.
I'll assume the stats are true. What % of the 'black' population is responsible for the crime coming from this region? 100% of the population? Because unless it is 100%, i.e. every black person living in the Jane & Finch area is a criminal, then you can not make the statement you made, that cultural belongningness is a predictor for crime. That is absolutely absurd. It's a conclusion you drew all on your own. The stats you quoted do NOT offer this explanation or any explanation for that matter. They present figures (numbers) that may be interesting, but they by no means provide proof or indicate cause of any phenomenon.
You simply took figures and interpreted them according to your own stereotypes. I could take the same figures and give an opposite explanation:

Consider this alternative explanation: Due to the ever present racism in this society, black people are more frequently policed, arrested and persued. Additionally crimes comitted by blacks are far more reported by the media. Due to such racism and sterotypes, blacks, despite proper qualifications are less frequently offered employment and other opportunities, which increases poverty and crime in their population, as it would with any population if they were treated the same way.

Please take caution when you interpret raw statistics. I am not black, but even I was slightly offended by your post. I can only imagine how furious a black person would be after reading this.

Peace.
__________________
NWS Signature Removed
Raging Lamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:18 PM   #45
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,271
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Jane and Finch is Propaganda. There are at least 5 areas in Toronto that are worse .Just take a walk from Markam rd and to Morningside mall on Lawrence ,crossing Kingston.I can bet you would get robbed more times then on Jane/Finch
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015