Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-27-2005, 05:46 PM   #16
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

I think the designer for the Corolla got a job at VW.
All I can say that from experience, my previous VW Jetta (VR6) gave me nothing but trouble. In the first 3 months, I had 2 sensors, replaced lucky that the car was still under warranty.
I wouldn't buy a VW again, no matter how good they are now.
BTW, the new style is crap!
new_e46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:54 PM   #17
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

^^^^ lol true...
I like it now but B4 i didnt..i have the last year they made the VR6 in the Jetta...and to top it off 1 of 1000 Metallic grey's with the anniversary package!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 PM   #18
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_e46
All I can say that from experience, my previous VW Jetta (VR6) gave me nothing but trouble. In the first 3 months, I had 2 sensors, replaced lucky that the car was still under warranty.
ahahaha, its true, I love my mk3, but some stuff I just can't stand, the CEL literally drove me nuts for the first month or so, I actually bought VAG-com so I could check the codes daily, after I got used to it, if the CEL goes off I'd be wondering what's wrong.

that also reminds me of the lovely power window motors on mk3s, friend got a GLX, 2nd day he got it the windows stuck, my next mk3, first thing is to put manual windows on.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:09 PM   #19
BMW_M52_M20
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to BMW_M52_M20 Send a message via Yahoo to BMW_M52_M20
ugly as sin, dunno about the newest golf coming either

Present: 1997 Jetta GLX VR6
2004 325iT (E46) (pops)
BMW_M52_M20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:41 PM   #20
M3speed
6th Gear Member

yea it's a vw corolla! looks too weird especially the rear lights!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:12 PM   #21
Sleeze
4th Gear Member

THE NEW COROLLA! i hate the new jetta..i like the golf tho..took a whiile to grow on me, but i really hate the jetta..
Sleeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:20 PM   #22
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

dunno people... i think it looks kinda better then previous jetta... its just like new 5 series... i mean at first people were bitching now they like it, so it will grow on all of us... i like it, saw it few days ago looks pretty good.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:52 PM   #23
Bmwstylz
6th Gear Member

Hey be fair - does anybody remember the MKIII Golf/ jetta?

ok I rest my case....
Old 04-27-2005, 10:55 PM   #24
new_e46
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
ahahaha, its true, I love my mk3, but some stuff I just can't stand, the CEL literally drove me nuts for the first month or so, I actually bought VAG-com so I could check the codes daily, after I got used to it, if the CEL goes off I'd be wondering what's wrong.

that also reminds me of the lovely power window motors on mk3s, friend got a GLX, 2nd day he got it the windows stuck, my next mk3, first thing is to put manual windows on.
Thanks for bring up the windows...man I had problems with the power windows. Everytime it rain or it's damp outside, the window makes this squeeking noise everytime you roll down the windows.
Another thing that pissed me off was the manual transmission. The gear from 1 to 2 was rough, I had the transmission and the clutch replaced within the year. This was after the technican couldn't figure out why the gears was grinding. The worst thing was that, they wanted to bill me for the work even though the car was still under warranty.
I vowed not to buy any VW or Audi car. I'm getting a 2nd car soon, and VW and Audi ani't getting my business or furture business.
new_e46 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:08 AM   #25
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

The car is better than the one it replaces in every way. You should definetly go for it.
Old 04-28-2005, 02:12 AM   #26
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

****in toyotas...oh wait thats a volkswagen...k then...****in volkswagens
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 02:17 AM   #27
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

I've seen one on the road...the rear quarter panels look really out of proportion.

But also heard that VW has reliability problems and every car in their range is on Consumer Reports cars to avoid list.

Lease it if you really want it bad.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:14 PM   #28
dozorca
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MAC
...the engine is the same one as the gallardo so it has some potential in mods and what not, it drove nice, im waiting for the 2.0t 200 horses coming out in a few months,...
I beg to differ:

Quote:

Its cylinder head and piston crowns, however, closely resemble those of the 5.0-liter Lamborghini Gallardo V-10. There's no direct parts interchangeability, but VW says there are similarities in the combustion dynamics and the way air moves through the cylinder.
Similar dynamics and air movement don't really add up to "same one"... lets not fool ourselves.

More info

Quote:

Those hoping that half a Gallardo V-10 would produce 247 horsepower and 188 pound-feet are in for a letdown. This lightly stressed and economically configured five falls well short of those bogeys, at 150 horses and 170 pound-feet. That's a reasonable increment up from the old base engine and enough to represent a 14-percent improvement in weight-to-power. With the close-ratio six-speed automatic (a five-speed manual will come online in May), acceleration to 60 mph is said to improve by 22 percent, dropping to 9.1 seconds. These days, that seems a bit lethargic, or maybe the five-cylinder's moaning engine note just makes it seem like it takes a lot longer. The sound, which is reasonably well muffled, isn't VW's fault--all naturally aspirated five-bangers are inherent moaners.
dozorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #29
jeffrie
Addict

^^^ the VR5 only availiable in Europe for the last generation golf's was kick ass with tonnes of mod potential but never made it here. Don't know if it's the same one?
Geussing it's not since they just call it a 5clyd (thinking inline) not the VR5.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 03:08 PM   #30
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

Really// Check this out...I've been at VW 16 times for major and minor repairs...I've ahd the car only 18 MONTHSSSSSS.....i 've replaced every sensor you can think of....intake manifold 2x, waitng now for a throttle body, new head gasket seals and reajusted the timing, new engine mount bushings, and right know i cant remember the rest........
I still love my car though.....Real Piss off to go back and forth, but atleast i get all this shit fixed now, than after warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_e46
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: