Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
bmdbley'sBro
wouldu like some tinfoil?

Terror in NYC -when cabi's attack!!

out of f'ing control...!

Quote:
A cabbie took a pregnant woman on a Times Square terror ride yesterday, leaving behind a trail of crushed cars and 11 broken and bloodied bodies, police said.

"This cab driver was flying down the block, hitting everybody he could see," said Martin Rodriguez, 50, a construction-site security guard who witnessed the 10:30 a.m. mayhem.

Among the three critically injured was passenger Maria Stein, 8-1/2 months pregnant with her first child.

Stein had just gotten into Syed Zia's cab after visiting her obstetrician's Times Square office, her relatives said.

Her wild ride started when Zia, 54, allegedly rear-ended a station wagon that had stopped for a pedestrian crossing 42nd St. at Eighth Ave., cops said.

The collision pushed the station wagon over the pedestrian, Rubin Abayez.

Abayez, 66, who weighs about 300 pounds, was wedged under the wagon. He was later listed in critical condition at St. Luke's Hospital with a ruptured spleen and a fractured pelvis.

"He [Zia] could have stopped right there, but he kept going," said witness Anthony Martin, 49, of Manhattan.

Zia allegedly backed his cab up, hit the gas and continued west on 42nd St., witnesses said.

About midblock, the cabbie sideswiped a parked Chevy Impala with a city sanitation worker sitting inside.

"He sideswiped [my] car then went across and hit the back of [a] bus. He was going full speed," said the sanitation worker, who requested anonymity.

Witnesses said the hazardous hack was going 60 mph when his cab slammed into the rear of a white minibus carrying four passengers, including Lucy Cornelio, 18, of Paterson, N.J.

"The glass shattered and then I was on the floor. I was bleeding from the head," Cornelio said.

The crash caused the minibus to swerve into oncoming eastbound traffic, where it clipped another minibus, police said.

Meanwhile, Zia's cab went into a 180-degree spin, causing a chain-reaction pileup of four yellow cabs waiting for the red light to change at Ninth Ave.

When the crumpled cab finally came to a spinning stop after its 20-second-or-so spree, Rodriguez ran over to find the driver pinned in the front seat, and the pregnant passenger bloodied and dazed in the back.

"She had a big gash on her forehead," Rodriguez said of Stein, 32, of East Rutherford, N.J. "I carried her out of the cab. She didn't say anything. She was dazed."

Stein, a Colombian immigrant who is an executive for UBS bank in New Jersey, was listed in critical condition at Bellevue Hospital. Relatives said her due date for the baby, expected to be a girl, is May 13.

"She was coming out of her doctor's office when this happened," said Stein's mother-in-law, Pilar Stein, of Coral Gables, Fla. "She only comes into the city for the doctors."

"She's a very devout Catholic," Stein continued. "So we are praying the Lord will keep her under his care and that everything goes well for her baby."

Firefighters had to rip the roof off the taxi to free Zia, who suffered two broken legs, a broken arm, a lacerated liver and pancreas and cuts to his face, cops said. He was in critical condition at St. Luke's.

Several others suffered less serious injuries, including the bus passengers. All were treated at Bellevue, police said.

While witnesses said it appeared Zia was trying to flee, cops were inspecting his cab for any malfunctions that could have triggered the destruction. No charges were immediately filed.

Zia, a Pakistani immigrant, has been a city cabbie since 1991. He has had three moving violations since 2002, but was in no immediate jeopardy of losing his license, the Taxi and Limousine Commission said.

"He's never been in an accident," one of Zia's daughters said when contacted at her family's Corona, Queens, home. "He's a very responsible person. He has six children. He's the best father there could ever be."

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/ne....html

Old 04-26-2005, 03:28 PM   #2
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
wow....crazy guy

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 03:59 PM   #3
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

shit that is nuts!!
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:15 PM   #4
Rampage
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR!
shit that is nuts!!
Old 04-26-2005, 04:44 PM   #5
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

w t f
Understated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:02 PM   #6
Alezone
Capitalism

NYC Cabbie rules.
Alezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #7
///MAC
Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro

whata ****EN IDOIT, people these days are soo screwed up its not even funny, whata idoit, there is nothing more to say, then hes soo stupid...
///MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:20 PM   #8
TheLoneVR!
戦うために住み、住む戦い

its so bad the driving down there....the competition is overwhelming....6 kids this guy has...shit man chop the nuts buddy so you wont have to drive like crazy to feed them all. In a way i feel bad for these ppl, they work so hard and still have little.
TheLoneVR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
BMVV
2nd Gear Member

If I was a NYC cabbie I would snap too.
BMVV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
AMG_POWER
500HP Member

wow messed up.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:59 PM   #11
KaschmirBeige3
Comfortably Numb

Send a message via AIM to KaschmirBeige3
Welcome to New York City boys .

All kidding aside our cab drivers are just plain assholes! They don't think twice about the stuff they do when they are driving
Old 04-26-2005, 09:47 PM   #12
M3speed
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLoneVR!
its so bad the driving down there....the competition is overwhelming....6 kids this guy has...shit man chop the nuts buddy so you wont have to drive like crazy to feed them all. In a way i feel bad for these ppl, they work so hard and still have little.

thats nuts!!

hey whats with the sig??? makes me want to go back to cancun!!!
M3speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:38 PM   #13
*Luv_it*
3rd Gear Member

and a customer of mine was just telling me today how he felt NYC was getting safer ...i guess not
*Luv_it* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:47 PM   #14
4-banger
2nd Gear Member

i hate cabbies!
4-banger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:49 PM   #15
ierrahh
5th Gear Member

I'm in NYC this weekend, I'll be doing a lot more walking now thats for sure...
ierrahh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: