Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-30-2005, 12:48 AM   #31
02miata
2nd Gear Member

325Is

A stock SRt4 Dynos at 230 WHP @ 2900Lbs. I am pretty certain it would beat all but the latest M3 stock.
02miata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 02:54 AM   #32
BADMASS///M3
1st Gear Newbie

i was talking about the e46 m3 my fault for not being specific the post i was replying to wasn't specific.srt4 would definetly own the e36 m3(stock).Saturday at lebanon was canceled due to rain i'll be there next saturday so if anything if anyone from the area is going to be there leave a post and let me know.
BADMASS///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:58 AM   #33
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADMASS///M3
i was talking about the e46 m3 my fault for not being specific the post i was replying to wasn't specific.srt4 would definetly own the e36 m3(stock).Saturday at lebanon was canceled due to rain i'll be there next saturday so if anything if anyone from the area is going to be there leave a post and let me know.
Sorry I tend to disagree stock M3 vs Stock SRT4, the deciding factor would be the driver.
Darkness95m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 04:49 PM   #34
Bigbore
4th Gear Member

if you think that the driver is losing a second sure, but both of these cars are easy to launch, one has limited slip and one is RWD. If your taking the absolute WORST driver there is and comparing to the BEST, the m3 puts up a fighting chance.
Bigbore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:44 PM   #35
bimmer4life
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant118
Shannonville is also too small, its better for begininers i personally love Mosport
where do you race ant118?how long have you been racing? just wondering cuz you got some pimp rides

Last edited by bimmer4life; 05-01-2005 at 09:48 PM.
bimmer4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:29 PM   #36
itsnoneon
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness95m3
Sorry I tend to disagree stock M3 vs Stock SRT4, the deciding factor would be the driver.
i got a video you would be interested in
and the bmw driver is not a bad driver but yet the srt comes on top 3 times on the highway and 1 time from a dead stop
itsnoneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 06:31 PM   #37
itsnoneon
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02miata
325Is

A stock SRt4 Dynos at 230 WHP @ 2900Lbs. I am pretty certain it would beat all but the latest M3 stock.
you have the weight of the car miss quoted its 225@2700lbs stock ,,,
itsnoneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 09:25 AM   #38
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsnoneon
i got a video you would be interested in
and the bmw driver is not a bad driver but yet the srt comes on top 3 times on the highway and 1 time from a dead stop
I keep saying this when it comes to street racing there are too many factors.
I’m no slouch when it comes to racing vehicles, well at least in my mind.
I have raced a stock SRT4 with my stock 95M3 and I know to some it’s hard to believe; however I destroyed the SRT4, by the time we hit 100Kmh I was easily 6 or 8 car lengths ahead. Conclusion “Bad Driver”
My wife driving the M3, had an black SRT4 pull up besides her wanting to race, he was revving his engine at the light, when he shifted from 1st to 2nd and to 3rd he grinded his gears every time. Conclusion “Bad Driver” This might have been the same SRT4 that I raced with the 540i.
I raced a late model Dodge Viper who should have raped me, however I won. Conclusion “Scared Driver”

Both the SRT4 and BMW M3 are rated with the same Hp and Torque figures give or take a few numbers. The SRT4 is lighter that should make it much faster, however BMW delivers the power more efficiently then the Dodge. Coming back to weight, the SRT4 is lighter then the M3. Now the question is how does each manufacturer weigh their vehicles. The SRT4 weight is with no fluids or “dry weight”. Most BMW’s weights are with all fluids including full tank of fuel plus they add 175 pounds for the average weight of a driver. This was what I was told about 10 years ago by BMW, I don’t know if info has changed.

Back to my first line “too many factors”
1) Driver experience
2) Lane conditions
3) Engine condition (is it tuned up properly)
4) Overall mechanical condition of the vehicle
5) Tires
-Make of tire
-Worn out tires.
6) Weight of the vehicle
- Driver Weight
- Fuel on board
- Stereo equipment

So when people tell me that they destroyed a lot more powerful vehicle, I tend to believe them.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:54 AM   #39
eh?
Slow Member

You don't have to be an excellent driver to launch a naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive car. It does take quite a bit of skill to launch a forced induction, front wheel drive car effectively.
eh? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 AM   #40
splitz
1st Gear Newbie

i'm pretty sure the SRT-4 could take an E36 M3 off the line. But what i don't think people realize is that its extremely hard to launch, if you don't know what your doing the whole car will hop off the ground. knowing that i'd put my money on the M3 off the line.
splitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #41
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eh?
You don't have to be an excellent driver to launch a naturally aspirated, rear wheel drive car. It does take quite a bit of skill to launch a forced induction, front wheel drive car effectively.
Depending on power rating of the engine.
Example 318Is I used to rev the engine to 5000Rpm and ride the clutch all the way through.
Try that with my 540i. If you are not carefull you will just light up the rear tire.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:03 AM   #42
windwagen
6th Gear Member

I was racing my buddy in his Caravan...too much wheelspin and we were neck in neck for the first 50 meters. Then I let up the gas a little and it hooked up...bye bye..

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:01 AM   #43
Darkness95m3
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen
I was racing my buddy in his Caravan...too much wheelspin and we were neck in neck for the first 50 meters. Then I let up the gas a little and it hooked up...bye bye..
Do you know how slow those Caravans are?
Old 05-05-2005, 12:04 PM   #44
325iSBimmer
///MMMM VIDA

Send a message via MSN to 325iSBimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwagen
did you just use caravan and racing in the same sentence
Old 05-05-2005, 12:17 PM   #45
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
blaa, its still a neon. i'd rather drive a civic!!!

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
A~G is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: