Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 03:13 PM   #61
saix
rawr

Send a message via AIM to saix

why is it only me that thinks it ugly? Am I stupid? I dont know maybe I am just too use to the old ferraris, but the old ferraris had I dont know their styling was so simple and elegant, now you have weird curves. BTW Am I the only one noticing the cheap grey by the taillights and in the front?
Old 04-25-2005, 03:46 PM   #62
vertakul
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A~G
So the 'civic type R' is CHEAPER than the gti, FASTER than the gti, EASIER TO MODIFY than the gti.... so why would you buy the GTI over the honda?

In the words of the guy from Top Gear...

"simply because, if you buy a Honda.... you end up with.... well... A HONDA." "if you buy the GTI, its a different story"

Moral. A honda... nomatter what honda... is still... A HONDA.
who the **** would buy a GTI over a honda civic b18c5?? nobody..
ps - your VEEDUB is in the same league.. infact.. honda makes better cars. sucks.. doesnt it?
Old 04-25-2005, 04:15 PM   #63
M3speed
6th Gear Member

wow awesome pics!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:06 PM   #64
Ryousuke
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ryousuke Send a message via AIM to Ryousuke
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon
ps - your VEEDUB is in the same league.. infact.. honda makes better cars. sucks.. doesnt it?

I'd buy a GTI over a Civic any day of the year.... just by the looks alone never mind teh potential to mod it.
Old 04-25-2005, 05:28 PM   #65
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

S2k over any V-dub
Old 04-25-2005, 06:12 PM   #66
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

The new GTi is 100 times better than the civic Sir
I cant believe there are people who buy the civic when they have the other oprion.

A guy on his anniversery edition GTi has a bumper sticker " i would have taken my honda today, but i was in a hurry", or something like that.

quote: "Moral. A honda... nomatter what honda... is still... A HONDA." lol, i like that one.

Last edited by ROCKETMAN; 04-25-2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:45 PM   #67
SebSter
6th Gear Member

lol this thread has gone down the drain. gotta say m3ntal before it gets closed down thats a sick car

as to aschon and m3polak u guys just represent the typical ignorant attitude of people who care just about image and not about what they are driving

why is it that my 15 year old piece of junk cost more in 1990 than your "honda supercar" s2000 does today? your car brand new sells for nearly 20,000 less than my car did brand new 15 years ago (not even accounting for inflation!)

not to mention that my car has more technology and options than probably 80% of the cars on the market today! and was built 15 years ago.

this isnt even meant as a defense of my car, i know the e30 is outdated and if i had the money for a newer bmw i would have gotten one. its more a defense of old/classic cars.

why dont you go ask jay leno why he spends millions collecting and restoring classics and tell him to buy some 2005 hondas because he is wasting his money on outdated junk, and watch him laugh in your face.

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:50 PM   #68
SebSter
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman87
S2k over any V-dub
s2k over gti r32? over touareg w12 sport? hah

Old car 1990 325ix. Current car 2000 540i.
Old 04-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #69
ROCKETMAN
6th Gear Member

if ure comparing sam style of vehicle, thatn the S2000 is gonna get raped by the "approved for production" concept R, taht should be out in a yea or two.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VW_ConceptR2.jpg (50.8 KB, 86 views)
Old 04-25-2005, 06:56 PM   #70
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
Some people are ****ing ignorant. I'm ashamed that one of them (m3polack) appears to be Polish, and is advertising how stupid and ignorant he is. I'm ashamed that I share the same heritage. If you don't like the car, say you don't like. Don't bash it because "it's absolete." Your way of thinking if ****ing absolete, and you need new shit to distract you from the shitty build quality and lack of driver input/feedback in new cars.

As for the F430, it's a sweet car, but the front headlights don't do it for me. Awesome car none the less, good taste in cars

likewise. (the heritage thing)

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:00 PM   #71
A~G
Car Payment Free

Send a message via MSN to A~G
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschon

- lets see... gti's new 'double clutch' transmission... is enough to buy it over the civic.

and as for your question..."who the **** would buy a GTI over a honda civic b18c5?? nobody.."

the previous posts answered that.

take a look at the top gear vid... i'll find the link... The civic type R has always been one of top gears favorite cars...

until the new GTI came along....

A~G

Man who run in front of car get tired.
Man who run behind car get exhausted.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #72
Understated
7th Gear [SMG III] Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebSter
s2k over gti r32? over touareg w12 sport? hah
yes over the r32.....and i absolutely LOVE the R32 and all...but if u've ever been in a S2k u'd understand how great a RWD honda feels. Toureg W12 sport is a diff story.....i have a soft spot for that damn suv
Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM   #73
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3polack
im not slamming the E30... well okay i am.. why do people still buy them.
Hey, easy on the e30, geez, I only have one cuz i cant afford anything more than that. and i think it still looks cool, not the greatest but its still good. And i think the e30 could take on anything u put out on the twisties so bugger off to ur honda bitches or whatever u like...

my 2 cents

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
Old 04-25-2005, 07:28 PM   #74
elraton16
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to elraton16
rarely post here but what the **** is going on?

I open up the thread to see one of the most beautiful cars on the planet and decided to skip over the pages and jump to page 5 so see the latest comments....and to my surprise im reading about veedubs and civics???? i thought i was in the wrong thread.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:40 PM   #75
givemeanE36
3rd Gear Member

That is an awesome Ferrari, i am also digging the house

I don't seem to comprehend why people argue this honda vs vw shit. To think that Honda is worse than VW, you gotta be one ignorant IDIOT. Why don't you look at the facts...Honda is within the big 5 car manufacturers with GM ahead of the Race with 30%, Ford 29%, Chrylser 20% Honda 9%, Toyota 9% and the rest belonging to all other manufacturers.

With that said, not only does honda sell a whole lot more cars (given that on its own speaks volumes) but it makes cars that don't have decade old electrical problems and makes cars that can last a lot more than a month before having to go back to the dealer.

For ****'s sake, my friend's 2.0 Mk4 was burning oil after 10k, my gf's 1.8T jetta has had the CD player replaced THREE times. And people are stupid for not buying honda??? Who is stupid, the moron who paid for an overpriced POS VW or the guy who bought the reliable honda for less, (also cheaper on gas, which matters nowadays).

With all the above said, i am not a VW hater, i hate idiots who cherish the brand like it's all that, when it isn't.

My personal favourite VW is the VR6 Corrado, but again an over priced POS that i'd never own just because of how expensive it is to own. For that money i'd rather drive something with a more elegant badge, like a BMW.

VW does make better equipped cars, and in some cases faster out of the box than Honda, but who needs that when shit breaks down?

Those of you who still can't see my point, look at your spendings and just look at what you pay for insurance/gas/maintenance costs and compare it to somebody who owns a civic, then see who has the last laugh.

And if you still can't understand WHY people like Honda more than VW, then please don't reply to me, unless you are going to say something relevant and new that can change my mind.

Last edited by givemeanE36; 04-25-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: